Jump to content
MaxPower

Lewis Capaldi

Recommended Posts

Where do you think Capaldi will play next year?

Young, British. Hugely popular, had a big well publicised set this year. Has broken American and has just won his first Grammy.

I'm not a big fan of his music, but think he's a funny bloke. Think he's going to get a fairly prominent stage/time.

This year he was 4pm on the Other Stage, did a secret set on BBC introducing, and did a Pyramid cameo with Bastille.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Third down pyramid after Diana Ross. He will get one the largest crowds of the weekend.

Either before or after depending on when he was booked and who else is. Agree that his crowd will be huge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does everyone think one album acts like Billie Eilish and Lewis Capaldi will be back and playing the very next festival without new music? It's not like they played tiny stages and blew up massively in the meantime, they both had prominent slots on the Other Stage. I know 2019 had repeats from 2017 but that's mainly due to the fallow year meaning acts were coming back round on their touring cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s released a new song last night which went straight to number 1 in the iTunes Charts and dare I say will be number 1 in the charts this week.

He’s meant to have a new album out early next year which will probably gonna to number 1, too. 

If he is to return then he will have a much higher billing than this year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Can he not just do jokes on stage. He’s properly funny can’t be doing with his music mind. 

That’s how billy Connolly started, a folk singer with the humblebums, started telling a few jokes and realised what his main talent Actually was! Saw him in 1972 supporting Jeff Beck and the original status quo.  But I reckon Lewis capaldi is a rising star as a singer!   His other stage performance this year was really good and he has broken through in the States. Pyramid sub this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s how billy Connolly started, a folk singer with the humblebums, started telling a few jokes and realised what his main talent Actually was! Saw him in 1972 supporting Jeff Beck and the original status quo.  But I reckon Lewis capaldi is a rising star as a singer!   His other stage performance this year was really good and he has broken through in the States. Pyramid sub this year? 

That he did. Some fella the Big Yin. Lewis Capaldi related to Malcolm Tucker as well. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

That he did. Some fella the Big Yin. Lewis Capaldi related to Malcolm Tucker as well. 

Who?   (Joke Dr Who, get it?)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Why does everyone think one album acts like Billie Eilish and Lewis Capaldi will be back and playing the very next festival without new music? It's not like they played tiny stages and blew up massively in the meantime, they both had prominent slots on the Other Stage. I know 2019 had repeats from 2017 but that's mainly due to the fallow year meaning acts were coming back round on their touring cycle.

Lewis is a bit different to Billie though. He’s a cheap and easy booking on the pyramid that will please a lot of people.

Also British acts returning the next year isn’t the same as American acts returning. He also has dates in June which surely indicate that he’s back.

Also he played pretty low this year. They will probably want to invite him back so he can get a bigger slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s how billy Connolly started, a folk singer with the humblebums, started telling a few jokes and realised what his main talent Actually was! Saw him in 1972 supporting Jeff Beck and the original status quo.  But I reckon Lewis capaldi is a rising star as a singer!   His other stage performance this year was really good and he has broken through in the States. Pyramid sub this year? 

Yeah I don't like his music but his voice is fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's more of a question of wether they can still afford him. Capaldi, Eilish and Lizzo were only in the midst of becoming massive when they were booked for 2019, and will all command a much higher fee for 2020. If he does return, I see him being a pyramid sub or a headliner for the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ragingbunion93 said:

I think it's more of a question of wether they can still afford him. Capaldi, Eilish and Lizzo were only in the midst of becoming massive when they were booked for 2019, and will all command a much higher fee for 2020. If he does return, I see him being a pyramid sub or a headliner for the other.

Capaldi would do it for free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Lewis is a bit different to Billie though. He’s a cheap and easy booking on the pyramid that will please a lot of people.

Also British acts returning the next year isn’t the same as American acts returning. He also has dates in June which surely indicate that he’s back.

Also he played pretty low this year. They will probably want to invite him back so he can get a bigger slot.

Didn't know he was releasing new music either so fair enough, 3rd down Pyramid seems right. Probably headline on his 3rd album if there's a decent break and he continues on this trajectory.

Not a fan of Eilish but by all accounts she probably needs to come back and headline in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...