Grammys 2020

Mattymooz

Grammys 2020  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win AOTY @ The Grammys?

• Bon Iver - I,I
    • Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
    • Ariana Grande - thank you, next
    • H.E.R. - I Used To Know Her
    • Lil Nas X - 7
    • Lizzo - Cuz I Love You
    • Vampire Weekend - Father Of The Bride

I reckon Billie will get it. Surprised (pleasantly) that Bon Iver is there and utterly baffled that Taylor isn't.

Father of the Bride was a disappointment. Felt like a hodge podge of ideas and not at all coherent. The Grammy's are what they are, and fair play to VW for the nom, but it's their weakest album really.

The others probably deserve to be there based on what the Grammy's are typically about. No stinkers on that list really and feels like a stronger list than the average year.

I'd vote for Bon Iver since it's (imo) their best record yet but wouldn't complain at all if it went to Billie or LDR. Lover should have got it, though. Of all the Grammy's Tay has, she isn't going to win one for her best work!

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I reckon Billie will get it. Surprised (pleasantly) that Bon Iver is there and utterly baffled that Taylor isn't.

Father of the Bride was a disappointment. Felt like a hodge podge of ideas and not at all coherent. The Grammy's are what they are, and fair play to VW for the nom, but it's their weakest album really.

The others probably deserve to be there based on what the Grammy's are typically about. No stinkers on that list really and feels like a stronger list than the average year.

I'd vote for Bon Iver since it's (imo) their best record yet but wouldn't complain at all if it went to Billie or LDR. Lover should have got it, though. Of all the Grammy's Tay has, she isn't going to win one for her best work!

You wouldnt call the Lil Nas X EP a stinker? Havent listened to the H.E.R. album but I dont remember that having a lot of buzz either. Feels like they could easily chuck in IGOR/Lover/Homecoming/ANIMA instead and improve the list

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

You wouldnt call the Lil Nas X EP a stinker? Havent listened to the H.E.R. album but I dont remember that having a lot of buzz either. Feels like they could easily chuck in IGOR/Lover/Homecoming/ANIMA instead and improve the list

I dunno, it's fine..i've heard stinkier records.

Interesting note that the main man Sir Thomas Yorke has more noms than Taylor Swift. What a world.

Out of those I'll give it Lizzo

Out of albums in 2019 it should go to Lover - Taylor Swift, nothing great about britain - slowthai or Strength in Numbers - Fever 333

(I have absolutely no idea what the nomination criteria is for the Grammys and I find award ceremonies quite pointless)

1 hour ago, jow95 said:

Jesus, is this really the finest selection of artists we have

Its the finest according to the nomination committee, never means its the best according to us.

Lana will sneak in and win it all. Lizzo and Billie will take a lot of votes and then theres another release that gets just enough. Happened with Steely Dan almost 20 years ago.

whats more upsetting is that Trent Reznor cannot win a major grammy bow because Old Town Road didnt get A  song of the year nomination. Itll win Record no doubt.

the grammys have been turning away from Taylor now, so its not shocking she only got a few nods. They also more or less shut out camila and shawn mendes. 

Edited by Suprefan

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I love Lana’s album but I think Billie’s is more AOTY material. Shook the music scene when it was dropped.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Are you guys seriously ignoring the possibility that Billie Eilish is going to sweep this? I reckon she might win every category she is nominated in.

Totally on the same page bud. 17 year old takes the music world by storm with game changing debut album. That will be the narrative of the Grammy's this year.