Jump to content

Victorious 2020


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Thanks mate.

Have only heard good things from people here and other reviews online so think it’ll be the first with the kids!

Me and the wife love The Streets so that’s a good start for us.  Looking at other fests I’d be over the moon with someone else like Royal Blood or Foals.  Should get an announcement this week surely. 

Yeah, it’s good value and if only thing to whine about is toilets then can’t be bad cause you don’t expect much less.

streets should be good, I’m just hoping for a couple more names like Catfish, foals or Bombay bicycle club and DMAs (could see wombats turning up) Even one of those could sway me with Ian Brown and kooks on. I can’t see an announcement now this week (never say never though can only hope), I’d be counting on next week as it’s usually every year beginning feb we get something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dry your eyes, mate.

If Reading don't book them and they want to do a show they can and then play Reading again no problem. The alternative festival landscape is shrinking, there's Reading and Vic which are BIG festivals

Posted Images

1 minute ago, KBR1991 said:

Yeah, it’s good value and if only thing to whine about is toilets then can’t be bad cause you don’t expect much less.

streets should be good, I’m just hoping for a couple more names like Catfish, foals or Bombay bicycle club and DMAs (could see wombats turning up) Even one of those could sway me with Ian Brown and kooks on. I can’t see an announcement now this week (never say never though can only hope), I’d be counting on next week as it’s usually every year beginning feb we get something. 

Just seemed odd that they sent the not so cryptic clue about The Streets and then nothing!

Yeah like all them too.  Suppose I should be hoping for a few kid friendly acts too for the kids! Ha

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sisco said:

Just seemed odd that they sent the not so cryptic clue about The Streets and then nothing!

Yeah like all them too.  Suppose I should be hoping for a few kid friendly acts too for the kids! Ha

Yeah I’m shocked about that, usually it’s been released same day or week. Phonics were released this time last year so still could happen, probs going to be next week though. I personally think it’s going to be Catfish headlining this year who is announced but I am always wrong. Got Ian Brown right so will see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Victorious, Truck and Y-Not are all under the same PR company and they've all done 'announcements' this week but haven't actually 'announced' anything (Truck are doing so tomorrow), so its clearly some sort of strategic thing that they muse assume works. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Victorious, Truck and Y-Not are all under the same PR company and they've all done 'announcements' this week but haven't actually 'announced' anything (Truck are doing so tomorrow), so its clearly some sort of strategic thing that they muse assume works. 

Ahh ok.  

with Truck being Thursday and Y Not on Monday I’m going with the Victorious announcement being Friday (will be a week since they put the sign up too) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Victorious, Truck and Y-Not are all under the same PR company and they've all done 'announcements' this week but haven't actually 'announced' anything (Truck are doing so tomorrow), so its clearly some sort of strategic thing that they muse assume works. 

That's not correct. Truck and Y Not are the same press agencies but have different owners so they can do their own thing. Victorious have a different agency. 

The Victorious press agency actually sent out the "hint" to music / Festival publications so they were expecting people to put out The Streets headlining already. 

Edited by JBarbour
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

They're all with Carousel, no? They were last year - https://www.carouselpr.com/clients/ 

No that list hasn't been up to date for a few years. All press agencies tend to keep past clients on their lists. I wish they were still with Carousel they are one of the best to deal with. 

Edited by JBarbour
Link to post
Share on other sites

To clarify Victorious still with Carousel, they also have someone in house that sends out releases too. 

It's Y Not and Truck that have moved on from that agency. 

Edited by JBarbour
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Fair enough I stand corrected then :)

It can be confusing if you just check the press agency websites as they have festivals and events on their client lists that they've not dealt with for 3+ years. 

The press agencies don't really have much say on the dates of the announcements anyway, the festival booker will generally be told the earliest they can announce an act by an agent or manager. After that its down to the in house festival marketing team / festival bosses who co-ordinate with the press agencies, who may make recommendations.  

As well as pay days, there is a reason most festivals don't announce while mid/end of Jan onwards, because they are not allowed to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, John L said:

Recently it was part of Global so shared acts with the likes of Tramlines, Truck, Y-Not etc. 
Think that’s changed a bit now but still think there is a connection with Truck and Tramlines.

so kooks playing truck ,headliners one day and subbing ian brown fri victorious 2 door played both last year.so could see foals who played truck last year or catfish who playing truck this year,headlining victorious this year

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, retrokev said:

just a thought on the streets and headliners did thet not have good vibrations up on common sign for brian wilson,but they never headlined?

Would be an even bigger bonus if they were playing and not headlining.

Any thoughts from anyone on other acts that are likely?! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sisco said:

Ahh ok.  

with Truck being Thursday and Y Not on Monday I’m going with the Victorious announcement being Friday (will be a week since they put the sign up too) 

Victorious is scheduled for 11th Feb announcement dude. Unless its been brought forward in which case it would be Tuesday or Weds next week, but pretty sure its still the 11th.

Will 100% NOT be this week.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

Victorious is scheduled for 11th Feb announcement dude. Unless its been brought forward in which case it would be Tuesday or Weds next week, but pretty sure its still the 11th.

Will 100% NOT be this week.

Tramlines is scheduled in for Tuesday

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Victorious is scheduled for 11th Feb announcement dude. Unless its been brought forward in which case it would be Tuesday or Weds next week, but pretty sure its still the 11th.

Will 100% NOT be this week.

Ahhh cheers mate.  Full ish announcement or just The Streets day?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So a quick look shows that for the last 4 years Victorious has had a Kendall header as one of their own (or near the top like Doves last year).

Surely makes Foals, Supergrass or Stereophonics as very likely to be the Sunday header

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sisco said:

So a quick look shows that for the last 4 years Victorious has had a Kendall header as one of their own (or near the top like Doves last year).

Surely makes Foals, Supergrass or Stereophonics as very likely to be the Sunday header

Supergrass at IOW so I would have thought there would be no cross over there so would rule them out. I may be wrong but I think I’ve seen a few guys mention that on here in the past.

phonics were in 2017 - I’d be happy with that 

foals - I’m hoping it’s them I’ve not seen them yet.

Think we need to wait for truck to be 100% official, because we generally share a fair amount from there. I’m thinking Bombay or catfish off truck lineup or both but not sure if Bombay would headline I’m not familiar with how big they are anymore. I reckon DMAS are going to show their face again. Or they could go for courteeners .... new album out may not be everyone’s cuppa tea but would go down well with me anyway.

Edited by KBR1991
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Victorious is scheduled for 11th Feb announcement dude. Unless its been brought forward in which case it would be Tuesday or Weds next week, but pretty sure its still the 11th.

Will 100% NOT be this week.

Thanks Luckysalt, I know you probably can't outwardly say directly but has anybody here got anything right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KBR1991 said:

Supergrass at IOW so I would have thought there would be no cross over there so would rule them out. I may be wrong but I think I’ve seen a few guys mention that on here in the past.

phonics were in 2017 - I’d be happy with that 

foals - I’m hoping it’s them I’ve not seen them yet.

Think we need to wait for truck to be 100% official, because we generally share a fair amount from there. I’m thinking Bombay or catfish off truck lineup or both but not sure if Bombay would headline I’m not familiar with how big they are anymore. I reckon DMAS are going to show their face again. Or they could go for courteeners .... new album out may not be everyone’s cuppa tea but would go down well with me anyway.

Fairpoint regarding Supergrass.  Hmmm Foals have to be the front runner then surely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...