Victorious 2020

seanz25

11 hours ago, elviiin said:

Pleased with The Streets as I’m a fan. But are they a headliner? Headliner standard seems to be declining compared to The Prodigy & Noel Gallagher we’ve had previously.

There are only a certain amount of bands / Artists of that ilk and era though and Victorious tend to do pretty well in not having repeat headliners thus far. 

The Streets will be Saturday then as they're at SW4 on the Sunday. 

They might not be Common headliner, could be Castle headliner. They fit more in line with size of Castle headliners of past than Common.

They've used the sign before for non headline acts, but with Rudimental headliner last year, Streets are easily that size so maybe they're gunna do that and have a same size indie act on Castle like they did with Bloc Party. 

On 1/25/2020 at 1:14 PM, sisco said:

Anyone got any experience of doing the family camping? Any good? Hints etc...

The camp sight is pretty small, I think the portion of festival goers that cam is really small so don't be surprised if you don't get a reply about this, there might be no one on here who did it. It might be best searching for the thread for last year as a few people may have reviewed it and commented about the camping.

4 hours ago, sisco said:

Any ideas when they’re announcing?

Presumed it would have been yesterday considering The Streets hint

Payday at the end of this week, I doubt we'll be waiting long.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

The camp sight is pretty small, I think the portion of festival goers that cam is really small so don't be surprised if you don't get a reply about this, there might be no one on here who did it. It might be best searching for the thread for last year as a few people may have reviewed it and commented about the camping.

Payday at the end of this week, I doubt we'll be waiting long.

Cheers Tommy, appreciate the reply.  Have found some reviews online and everyone is very positive about it.  They have a family area too which is helpful.

Lots of announcements this week so guessing I’ll be amongst them.  

• Like 1

Have you been before at all @sisco? The family area on site is quite a decent size (I don't have any young family so am not really in a position to comment on quality but seems to go down well). 

It's probably worth highlighting that the camping will be a reasonable shuttle bus away form the site  - it's not far but Portsmouth only has 3 roads in and out so will be slow.

There have been incidents/comments about drunk teens on site which they seem to be doing their best to stamp out but otherwise feels pretty family friendly to me. There are some areas that get busy and crowded but there is always space to sit and chill at the back of the main field and around the acoustic areas.

I guess like all festivals it's easier in the sun than the rain at there isn't much cover about.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Have you been before at all @sisco? The family area on site is quite a decent size (I don't have any young family so am not really in a position to comment on quality but seems to go down well). 

It's probably worth highlighting that the camping will be a reasonable shuttle bus away form the site  - it's not far but Portsmouth only has 3 roads in and out so will be slow.

There have been incidents/comments about drunk teens on site which they seem to be doing their best to stamp out but otherwise feels pretty family friendly to me. There are some areas that get busy and crowded but there is always space to sit and chill at the back of the main field and around the acoustic areas.

I guess like all festivals it's easier in the sun than the rain at there isn't much cover about.

No we haven’t but we’d always talked about taking the kids to a festival and this one seemed not only family friendly but has good acts too (all for a reasonable price).  We’re also massive fans of The Streets so that’s helped with the decision.

We've been to Glastonbury (me and the wife) so we’re used to the elements and the kids will find the camping an adventure.  Looked for hotels but prices have sky rocketed now. 

thanks again

• Upvote 1

Hi, me and my better half have made the journey from Scotland the last 2 years and are booked up for this year too! We’ve done all the big festivals the U.K. has to offer and without doubt this has the most to offer for kids. The festival is the week our schools go back so always thought it would be a bit much to take kids out of school for it so taking them to Isle of Wight fest instead this year :)  in terms of the campsite, it’s very quiet so family friendly in that sense. Not much to do there but it’s close to a Sainsbury’s (5min wall) and the shuttle service to the festival is well organised and frequent. I’d definitely recommend it 👌

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Hi, me and my better half have made the journey from Scotland the last 2 years and are booked up for this year too! We’ve done all the big festivals the U.K. has to offer and without doubt this has the most to offer for kids. The festival is the week our schools go back so always thought it would be a bit much to take kids out of school for it so taking them to Isle of Wight fest instead this year :)  in terms of the campsite, it’s very quiet so family friendly in that sense. Not much to do there but it’s close to a Sainsbury’s (5min wall) and the shuttle service to the festival is well organised and frequent. I’d definitely recommend it 👌

Thanks mate, appreciated

29 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Seem to be tour announcements and festival lineups popping up all over the place just now... hopefully not too long for some more victorious news 😬. Anyone in the know?!

I presumed that them posting the thing about The Streets the other day would bring an announcement yesterday/today.  Got to be this week though surely?!

31 minutes ago, sisco said:

Another Question for people that may know.  I’ve seen people say that this has no cross-over with IOW festival but does anyone know if there are any particular festivals it does share acts with

Recently it was part of Global so shared acts with the likes of Tramlines, Truck, Y-Not etc. 
Think that’s changed a bit now but still think there is a connection with Truck and Tramlines.

4 minutes ago, John L said:

Recently it was part of Global so shared acts with the likes of Tramlines, Truck, Y-Not etc. 
Think that’s changed a bit now but still think there is a connection with Truck and Tramlines.

so kooks playing truck ,headliners one day and subbing ian brown fri victorious 2 door played both last year.so could see foals who played truck last year or catfish who playing truck this year,headlining victorious this year

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Another Question for people that may know.  I’ve seen people say that this has no cross-over with IOW festival but does anyone know if there are any particular festivals it does share acts with

53 minutes ago, John L said:

Victorious, Boardmasters, Truck, Tramlines, SW4, Kendal Calling are all owned by Superstruct. Global/ Broadwick previously owned these or had right to buys. Superstruct also own a number of European festivals that includes Sziget and Flow.  

With their UK festivals a lot of them share the same festival booker and they block book acts and divvy them up across the festivals, saving money and allowing to book bigger acts 

Edited by JBarbour

24 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Victorious, Boardmasters, Truck, Tramlines, SW4, Kendal Calling are all owned by Superstruct. Global/ Broadwick previously owned these or had right to buys. Superstruct also own a number of European festivals that includes Sziget and Flow.  

With the UK festivals a lot of them share the same festival booker and they block book acts and divvy them up across the festivals, saving money and allowing to book bigger acts than they would generally getting booking them for one off festivals. 

So makes sense that SW4 and Victorious are sharing The Streets and Truck/Victorious both Have the Kooks. 

Will defo keep an eye out for the others lineups then. 

Thanks for the insight

Hi mate, sorry for late reply.

I have camped since the very first year they had camping, so the last three years (Not sure if this will be the 4th depending on line up as I live Sheffield way).

The camping is very convenient, it’s a large area and very chilled out. There are food vans, phone stations and showers etc, the family seems to be very quiet. The general camping is also fine, I haven’t had an issue with any youths, the camping has been really friendly and people play there own music and sit and have a drink and chill, not much noise at all. Tbh my group is probably the loudest I have seen and were in bed and sparked out not making any noise at night after the festival ready for the next day of drinking. The showers are hit and miss, ran out of water after the first day, lots of long ques and they didn’t really seem to bother with maintaining the toilets last year when usually they are regularly cleaned and are Left in a good condition.

*** loads drinking taps and sinks - washing stations too for your pots and pans if that’s your thing.

shuttle is ideal it’s easy to get a bus straight into the centre, I didn’t have to wait longer than 5 minutes last year, and on the way back I was straight on a bus too. ******  One thing I will say is don’t eat at the Sainsbury’s, get in and out. I wouldn’t even bother if I was honest, everyone goes Sainsbury’s so you’ll be waiting ages, like 45 mins for food. Get straight into town loads of places to eat and tbh food last year in the festival was really good, normally it’s pretty crap but there was loads of choice I was really shocked, very very good. Your in the festival then making the most of the music.

Hope this helps. Let’s hope for a few more decent acts might be a strong line up.

9 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Hi mate, sorry for late reply.

I have camped since the very first year they had camping, so the last three years (Not sure if this will be the 4th depending on line up as I live Sheffield way).

The camping is very convenient, it’s a large area and very chilled out. There are food vans, phone stations and showers etc, the family seems to be very quiet. The general camping is also fine, I haven’t had an issue with any youths, the camping has been really friendly and people play there own music and sit and have a drink and chill, not much noise at all. Tbh my group is probably the loudest I have seen and were in bed and sparked out not making any noise at night after the festival ready for the next day of drinking. The showers are hit and miss, ran out of water after the first day, lots of long ques and they didn’t really seem to bother with maintaining the toilets last year when usually they are regularly cleaned and are Left in a good condition.

*** loads drinking taps and sinks - washing stations too for your pots and pans if that’s your thing.

shuttle is ideal it’s easy to get a bus straight into the centre, I didn’t have to wait longer than 5 minutes last year, and on the way back I was straight on a bus too. ******  One thing I will say is don’t eat at the Sainsbury’s, get in and out. I wouldn’t even bother if I was honest, everyone goes Sainsbury’s so you’ll be waiting ages, like 45 mins for food. Get straight into town loads of places to eat and tbh food last year in the festival was really good, normally it’s pretty crap but there was loads of choice I was really shocked, very very good. Your in the festival then making the most of the music.

Hope this helps. Let’s hope for a few more decent acts might be a strong line up.

Thanks mate.

Have only heard good things from people here and other reviews online so think it’ll be the first with the kids!

Me and the wife love The Streets so that’s a good start for us.  Looking at other fests I’d be over the moon with someone else like Royal Blood or Foals.  Should get an announcement this week surely.