Victorious 2020

seanz25

Headliners are generally mid to large sized acts that aren't necessarily on an album cycle, so kind of tough to predict. Flaming Lips are back around next year so that might be a shout. Maybe someone like The Wombats, Liam Gallagher, Editors.

HAIM might be a possibility if they're not doing All Points East.

Edited by jannybruck

As much as I would love it to be HAIM, I'm 90% certain they have an album coming out next year, so I can imagine them getting a smaller slot at bigger festivals and still getting the same exposure. I'm thinking maybe Bastille, Scouting for Girls and someone like Olly Murs? I'm rubbish at predicting these things though.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:42 AM, seanz25 said:

Time to get the ball rolling with this.... announcement could be anytime now.

Who we thinking?

So, I've done some digging by stalking the Victorious Instagram Page and figuring out which verified artists they're following who (to my knowledge) haven't played before. 

I realise this isn't the be-all and end-all, but it could give us some indications of what to expect: 

- Haim

- Foxes

- Wolf Alice

- The National

- Liam Gallagher

- White Lies

- The New Faith

(They're also following Bjork, but I'm discounting her based on size). Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Why's that then?

Supergrass are a shoe-in for Truck this year (the Oxford connection). Doesn't necessarily discount them, from Victorious, but I can't see them headlining any other mid-size festivals. And they also had the Glasto Pilton Party slot at the end of the summer, so I'd say they're due a Glasto-announcement shortly.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:27 AM, CrispyDuck said:

Supergrass are a shoe-in for Truck this year (the Oxford connection). Doesn't necessarily discount them, from Victorious, but I can't see them headlining any other mid-size festivals. And they also had the Glasto Pilton Party slot at the end of the summer, so I'd say they're due a Glasto-announcement shortly.

Unless you've got specific info to suggest Supergrass are doing Truck I'd say that's a bit of a wildcard and not very likely if you look at the profile of the crowd. The bulk of Truck's audience are 16-20 years old, Supergrass wouldn't be a huge draw for them.

1 hour ago, ManLj said:

Unless you've got specific info to suggest Supergrass are doing Truck I'd say that's a bit of a wildcard and not very likely if you look at the profile of the crowd. The bulk of Truck's audience are 16-20 years old, Supergrass wouldn't be a huge draw for them.

they normally have some older acts too, tho - and with Supergrass being from Oxford, it's a good fit.

9 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Liam and Foals would be a great couple of headliners. 

I quite enjoyed only going for a day and a half last year so would be quite happy if it were those and someone I'm not interested in.

Liam is doing Reading/Leeds that weekend so won't be him. Foals would be an obvious choice, then at least one relatively 'nostalgia' act. Not sure who that could be, Chemical Brothers? Not sure where else they are that weekend, but they managed to get The Prodigy so why the hell not? Foals, Chemical Brothers then maybe another, older rock act/indie act. Pet Shop Boys could maybe do it instead of Chems, but can't see the both of them there. Noel to play again? Biffy Clyro?

The pool of aged, indie headliners must invariably run out and there to be a repeat at some point.  Would love to see Flaming Lips back to co-headline the Friday with an upcoming band like HAIM or Idles. 

Surprised they don't announce some acts November/early December to get sales for Christmas. First announcement last year seemed to be 20th December.

Biffy would be incredible.

Felt like 2018 (certainly headliners) was a step backward from previous years.

On 12/5/2019 at 10:18 PM, retrokev said:

chems at iow so wont be victorious .will go for ian brown fri foals sat and courteeners sund

Cant see Ian Brown being big enough assuming he's doing little to no Roses stuff. Also not sure Courteeners' stock is big enough down south to justify a headline slot, perhaps co-headline with another for Friday ala Two Door 

Foals and Biffy would be two big name, realistic headliners.

Ian Brown is easily big enough to headline, especially the Friday, he fits the demo so well. 

Biffy is a good shout to be honest. Can't see where else they could turn up now. They don't seem to be doing any festivals at all so far. So could be a year they just do a UK date or two and chill. I don't know, don't keep up to date on Biffys touring cycles. 

Pixies are still around in Europe the week before Vic and aren't exclusive at Pearl Jams date so maybe they might finally do Vic. 

Be interesting to see if Vic gets any crossover bookings with Sziget as they are now owned by the same company. It's only 2 weeks before Vic as well. 

Edited by luckysalt

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Biffy is a good shout to be honest. Can't see where else they could turn up now. They don't seem to be doing any festivals at all so far. So could be a year they just do a UK date or two and chill. I don't know, don't keep up to date on Biffys touring cycles. 

This is a bit harder to call at the moment as they released that sound track earlier in the year but haven't released a proper (for want of a better word) studio album in a few years, so if they do have a touring cycle it's likely to be a bit wayward.

They are due a new album first half of next year so a few festivals/outdoor shows followed by own indoor tour in the Autumn feels right to me.