Pre erected camping

guypjfreak

1 hour ago, vardyvarvar said:

Right so I think everyone has made their peace and shook hands. WV are now accepted as part of the festival by the uncooperative crusties. We should give Sticklinch a pass because they are new.

Is now a good time to reveal I didn’t get into either and will be investigating other offsite glamping opportunities?

Who said we've made peace.. Lol 

Totally agree about being as far from macca as possible is a good thing.. I think I'll pop up to wv this year and have a few drinks in your bar.. If I'm allowed up lol

3 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

If it is to make money, that money isn't going into anyone's pocket - it'll go towards the running costs of the festival and anything left will be added to the charity donations. Why is this such a bad thing?

Please don't take this the wrong way old son but yes he does give ALOT to charity but he also pays himself and his family a really good wage plus the farmers that rent him the land get alot of dollar.. Which was one of the reasons why they were looking for a place to put the festival on a few years ago.. Unfortunately it pissed down when some one from longleat came to look at the festival site and they took one look at the state of the ground and said no way.. So luckily the farmers and Mr E came to an agreement which means that the festival has a licence for x amount more years.. I'm sure the lovely people here will put me right on a few facts etc but that's the general idea.... 

Plus if it was to stop waste then why isn't camp light... I think that was its name..... Still going.. They were using and recycling all there tents etc.. 

So yes he gives a great deal but as is life he is making a GREAT deal as well... Where do you think your £50 deposit interest in the bank goes.... Think about that.. 100000.£50 x interest.. Nice holiday that... Plus just to be even more cynical.. I don't think that most people go to glasto nowadays with helping charities like Oxfam out they go cos its on their bucket list and cos its glastonbury and glastonbury IS GLASTONBURY.. the fuck off best 5 days you'll have that year.. Lol

I thought I read that they paid themselves a reasonable wage considering the amount of money coming into the festival. Surely any agreement with landowners would have involved signing a contract back when the agreement was made? Any increase in rental costs would be part of that contract and would apply whether West CV of the new pre-erected area was inhabiting the same space. I'm still not sure on the 'it's all for the money' idea.  

Edited by Johnnyseven

My local friends tell me Eavis built himself a big new home a while back, this came up by a Google search if it's correct.

Yes, I'm sure he earns plenty from the farm & the festival - and I absolutely don't begrudge him. 

http://www.rogerbarnes.net/rogerbarnes.net/Project_Albums/Pages/Michael_Eaviss_House.html#grid

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

My local friends tell me Eavis built himself a big new home a while back, this came up by a Google search if it's correct.

Yes, I'm sure he earns plenty from the farm & the festival - and I absolutely don't begrudge him. 

http://www.rogerbarnes.net/rogerbarnes.net/Project_Albums/Pages/Michael_Eaviss_House.html#grid

Just incase people get the wrong he has given Somerset, England the world the best festival in the world so unlike some people that play glasto I don't begrudge him a penny but when some people think oo all the money goes to charity their wrong... I reckon some of the farmers who's fields he rents probably end up with more money from the festival than Mr E makes but then he'll be making money all year.... And by all accounts from friends I know he's a top of the range old son.. 

But getting back to glamping this is crazyyy.. But it's one of the those If you can afford it things again.. 

There seems to be a quite a few cv people not happy about it on glasto chat so the wife says.. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/what-13000-luxury-yurt-glastonbury-15095

Edited by guypjfreak

13 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Just incase people get the wrong he has given Somerset, England the world the best festival in the world so unlike some people that play glasto I don't begrudge him a penny but when some people think oo all the money goes to charity their wrong... I reckon some of the farmers who's fields he rents probably end up with more money from the festival than Mr E makes but then he'll be making money all year.... And by all accounts from friends I know he's a top of the range old son.. 

But getting back to glamping this is crazyyy.. But it's one of the those If you can afford it things again.. 

There seems to be a quite a few cv people not happy about it on glasto chat so the wife says.. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/what-13000-luxury-yurt-glastonbury-15095

hes already said that the farmers make more money from the festival than they do the rest of the year ... and thats what the threats to relocate were about ... stopping them increasing their demands and holding him to ransom ... cant remember the numbers he has to negotiate with but 30 ish springs to mind ... its likely that they are raking it in more so than Michael although he does ok and there is no reason he shouldn't as he gives 2 million to charity and does massive amounts for the community too ... as well as hosting the best party on the planet annually ... 

Ps ... id just ignore the shit posted on Glasto Chat ... its almost as bad as the bristol post / live sites 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

hes already said that the farmers make more money from the festival than they do the rest of the year ... and thats what the threats to relocate were about ... stopping them increasing their demands and holding him to ransom ... cant remember the numbers he has to negotiate with but 30 ish springs to mind ... its likely that they are raking it in more so than Michael although he does ok and there is no reason he shouldn't as he gives 2 million to charity and does massive amounts for the community too ... as well as hosting the best party on the planet annually ... 

Ps ... id just ignore the shit posted on Glasto Chat ... its almost as bad as the bristol post / live sites 

Thats why I'm not on it.. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

:) I am for humour value .... although I dont think ive looked at it since tday :) 

I leave it to the wife old son.. So come on as an old timer you must have seen the difference in the festival over the years.. For better or worse.... I just really don't see why if they HAD to have more glamping why take cv space away.. There's loads of fields they could have used... 

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

I leave it to the wife old son.. So come on as an old timer you must have seen the difference in the festival over the years.. For better or worse.... I just really don't see why if they HAD to have more glamping why take cv space away.. There's loads of fields they could have used... 

im only pre fence days so I can only talk about that and ive not tried camper vans either ...it may appear that there are many fields available but without being in on negotiations with the farmers we dont know what their demands are in terms of rental .... and do we actually know if there is less space for camper vans ? or is it that the space added in East equates for the lost fields in west ? Id have to know some numbers .... of course the festival has changed ... I would also like to think I have ... im also part of a business that appears to me to be very behind the times and that frustrates me immensely ... I would say Glastonbury is the complete opposite .. it evolves .. the demographic changes and its ultimately run as a very successful business ( at the moment ) but the improvements all cost money .... an Avonmouth crane with a spinning globe jetting flames .... a Gold 100m Pier with robotics ..... and things that Michael does like the social housing cant be cheap ? 

most of the changes to me are visual and infrastructure based although an increase of the use of camera phones is obvious ... as for the Glampers having hair and other things done ... thats new but its all personal taste ... I choose fancy dress as my way of expression they choose hair straightening ... id rather spend half hour sorting battery packs than having my hair blow dried but I dont begrudge anyone that if they want to 

My main annoyance is the change from participation to being a watcher and photo taker 

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im only pre fence days so I can only talk about that and ive not tried camper vans either ...it may appear that there are many fields available but without being in on negotiations with the farmers we dont know what their demands are in terms of rental .... and do we actually know if there is less space for camper vans ? or is it that the space added in East equates for the lost fields in west ? Id have to know some numbers .... of course the festival has changed ... I would also like to think I have ... im also part of a business that appears to me to be very behind the times and that frustrates me immensely ... I would say Glastonbury is the complete opposite .. it evolves .. the demographic changes and its ultimately run as a very successful business ( at the moment ) but the improvements all cost money .... an Avonmouth crane with a spinning globe jetting flames .... a Gold 100m Pier with robotics ..... and things that Michael does like the social housing cant be cheap ? 

most of the changes to me are visual and infrastructure based although an increase of the use of camera phones is obvious ... as for the Glampers having hair and other things done ... thats new but its all personal taste ... I choose fancy dress as my way of expression they choose hair straightening ... id rather spend half hour sorting battery packs than having my hair blow dried but I dont begrudge anyone that if they want to 

My main annoyance is the change from participation to being a watcher and photo taker 

Points taken...... I'm not sure about the equivalent spaces from West to east tho.. Hey its sold out now so shows there's the demand.. I wander if more and more companies will open more fields in the future.... I love glasto and have seen the changes from travellers to gkampers but both me and the old girl have decided to call next year's our last.. For LOADS of reasons.. We're going to be going to fewer festivals and concentrating on the grandchildren.. 

22 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Points taken...... I'm not sure about the equivalent spaces from West to east tho.. Hey its sold out now so shows there's the demand.. I wander if more and more companies will open more fields in the future.... I love glasto and have seen the changes from travellers to gkampers but both me and the old girl have decided to call next year's our last.. For LOADS of reasons.. We're going to be going to fewer festivals and concentrating on the grandchildren.. 

hope you get some of the mojo back and enjoy the 50th like a new festival ... if not you have got something fantastic to focus on ... ive unfortunately no kids or grandkids so I cant really put myself totally in your position but at some point we all have to decide when its our time to stop ... mine will be a few years yet,  im happy with the way it evolves . Do you go to the Efest meet ever ? as id love to meet you along with plenty of other old sons ... im determined to bring along @vintagelaureate tickets depending as I know you have conversed in the past ..

anyway hope the weekend is going well CF 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

We are in the same situation with four young grandkids all under 6, though two of them are now in New Zealand. We’ve debated the idea that next year will be our swan song at glasto but just can’t bring ourselves to make that decision. I’ve already calculated when the sale date is for 2021 in case it clashes with holiday bookings. It’s only been recently that we tried WV and we still might change our mind and head for our fav spot on site. Certainly go to less festivals now but still go to every gig we can.  My advice is don’t be hasty deciding to finish with glasto. the pre  erected tents and ease of access mitigate some of the problems associated with on site camping. 

Anyway the only way you know your time is up is when you look at the rewind festival line up and think  ‘ that looks bloody good, I fancy that’! ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

hope you get some of the mojo back and enjoy the 50th like a new festival ... if not you have got something fantastic to focus on ... ive unfortunately no kids or grandkids so I cant really put myself totally in your position but at some point we all have to decide when its our time to stop ... mine will be a few years yet,  im happy with the way it evolves . Do you go to the Efest meet ever ? as id love to meet you along with plenty of other old sons ... im determined to bring along @vintagelaureate tickets depending as I know you have conversed in the past ..

anyway hope the weekend is going well CF 

At the moment I've got baby Evie crying herself to sleep with the wife.. We agreed to have her tonight no worries then my daughter dropped her off at 11.30 this morning lol kids ah.. 

Wife just looked up with a wink.. Will be able to watch mission impossible ghost.. Again.. Fuck all else is on.. 

Yes old son I've been to a few eFest meets even been kidnapped to a couple.. Gets easier as the years go by.. I purposely never went 2 any but hey ho.. 

Yea me and vinaigrette have had chats her really helped me so be good to meet ya both.. Whisty knows my camp he should do I let him down on a meet a few years ago and still owe him lolol. 

Peace and tea quiet rains in the old son house... Struth. Lolol 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

At the moment I've got baby Evie crying herself to sleep with the wife.. We agreed to have her tonight no worries then my daughter dropped her off at 11.30 this morning lol kids ah.. 

Wife just looked up with a wink.. Will be able to watch mission impossible ghost.. Again.. Fuck all else is on.. 

Yes old son I've been to a few eFest meets even been kidnapped to a couple.. Gets easier as the years go by.. I purposely never went 2 any but hey ho.. 

Yea me and vinaigrette have had chats her really helped me so be good to meet ya both.. Whisty knows my camp he should do I let him down on a meet a few years ago and still owe him lolol. 

Peace and tea quiet rains in the old son house... Struth. Lolol 

It’s also happening in our household, Saturday night babysitting, I’m trying to stay sane by being on e fests on the I pad whilst fucking paw patrol and peppy pig are on the telly for the upteenth time!  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s also happening in our household, Saturday night babysitting, I’m trying to stay sane by being on e fests on the I pad whilst fucking paw patrol and peppy pig are on the telly for the upteenth time!  

I've got Mr tumble recorded.. We have our baby Eliza during the week and watch that and last night I watched it again.. And before the strange bunch jump in or even think no its not on all the time.. I'm watching politics now baby Evie has just covered me in pate but to be honest Mr tumble makes way more sense than this political shite lolol

I even wake up humming we're all stars lolol.. I think 

Think Andrew Marrs should be in number ten at least he seems honest.. Sorry for politic shit first thing lol.. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I've got Mr tumble recorded.. We have our baby Eliza during the week and watch that and last night I watched it again.. And before the strange bunch jump in or even think no its not on all the time.. I'm watching politics now baby Evie has just covered me in pate but to be honest Mr tumble makes way more sense than this political shite lolol

I even wake up humming we're all stars lolol.. I think 

Think Andrew Marrs should be in number ten at least he seems honest.. Sorry for politic shit first thing lol.. 

?out of upvotes so have this!  Our house has just returned to tranquillity, toys away, his camp bed away, crumbs hoovered up and peppapig replaced by Andrew marr!  So now I can go back to compiling the list of what to take to a pre erected tent. We were lucky the two times we did WV that the scout tent was close to the steps, toilets and food tents. Some were a lot further away. 

On 11/21/2019 at 11:10 PM, guypjfreak said:

Bump so that above makes sense.. Vardyvarvar that's one mad way of costing it but I get it.. So your be OK buying glastonbury tickets at 350 

I've just seen that Mr E has said that this new glamping site has been done to reduce rubbish... No Mr E its not its to make more money.. Be honest.... 

Last years festival was the cleanest I've ever seen it ever.... But we did overhear people this year complain about the amount of rubbish that was around the BINS... Lol 

More money that goes to charity presumably?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smeble said:

More money that goes to charity presumably?

All Rds go through Crewkerne lolol.. Every time I go a travelling I always end up with going through your manner lol.. Once went to Liverpool for a funeral.. I'd just been given new pills and was doing the map reading in the morning back of the van.... Ended up going through Crewkerne after driving for 6 hours.. My mates thought I was piss lol.. 

Cut a 2 day story short.. I tried jumping from the van,,, was found naked up a hill after mates followed the prints in the snow,,, fell face first into a fire then chased some bloke on a moped who called the fire brigade who were not happy and nearly had a fight with the vicar cos he called our mate an alcoholic who killed himself with drink which was true but I was still in lala land.... 

Hey ho good old Crewkerne lol

• Like 1

As a ticketless regular I’m properly gutted that I have missed out, it’s been hard to look in here, even though I miss this place so much.

Its even harder to know there are those who have booked worthy view and other off site camping who wouldn’t go unless that option was available, I’m guessing that’s where @Superscally attitude is coming from, I feel his pain even though he is being a bit of a prick trying to express how he feels, sorry for saying that as I know you are a lovely human. 
I accept that Glastonbury is for everyone, especially the non Glastonbury people, surely that’s the point.  
I also know that those who regularly post here who are championing these options would still go if it wasn’t available, you know that’s the truth, I’m looking at you @Hugh Jass and @SwedgeAntilles
I truly feel that there’s a massive difference between convenience and being the kind of person who isn’t willing to go unless they have it easy. 
I’m sure that Glastonbury isn’t about needing a shower or caring about what you look like it’s about forgetting about that crap and being yourself and if you can’t do that then I really don’t get why you are at any festival, let alone Glastonbury  

Sorry for being a massive downer but it hurts to not have a ticket,  please don’t hate me.

I do miss @russycarps, he told it how it was, in a way that I just can’t express without sounding like a .......

Charm x

4 hours ago, Charm said:

As a ticketless regular I’m properly gutted that I have missed out, it’s been hard to look in here, even though I miss this place so much.

Its even harder to know there are those who have booked worthy view and other off site camping who wouldn’t go unless that option was available, I’m guessing that’s where @Superscally attitude is coming from, I feel his pain even though he is being a bit of a prick trying to express how he feels, sorry for saying that as I know you are a lovely human. 
I accept that Glastonbury is for everyone, especially the non Glastonbury people, surely that’s the point.  
I also know that those who regularly post here who are championing these options would still go if it wasn’t available, you know that’s the truth, I’m looking at you @Hugh Jass and @SwedgeAntilles
I truly feel that there’s a massive difference between convenience and being the kind of person who isn’t willing to go unless they have it easy. 
I’m sure that Glastonbury isn’t about needing a shower or caring about what you look like it’s about forgetting about that crap and being yourself and if you can’t do that then I really don’t get why you are at any festival, let alone Glastonbury  

Sorry for being a massive downer but it hurts to not have a ticket,  please don’t hate me.

I do miss @russycarps, he told it how it was, in a way that I just can’t express without sounding like a .......

Charm x

Bit mean calling me a prick, even with the caveat? ?

Hamfisted, perchance...

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wonder what happened to the pre erected camping that was going under the pier ? a load of blue tents ? or did I just dream this ? 

Was thinking about that myself. That was the first guess on here when it was mooted that there was going to be more pre erected tents, before Sticklinch was announced. The blue tent thing was mentioned somewhere to replicate the sea. So either you did dream this and  shared the dream with us or its a reality. !