Pre erected camping

guypjfreak

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

They use different reservoirs?? My friend said the oxfam ones were fine... so....  

I was in Oxfam mate... the showers were off there too... until about 2/3pm

17 minutes ago, Havors said:

Cant remember what day WV was off but think it was off most of the day... im gonna say it was friday 

Dunno about Worthy View but it was the Saturday for the rest of the site. Performers included, from a few comments made by acts I saw. Although I don't know how high up that went.

Also, don't know what time it came back on for Oxfam but I thought it was later than 3. Someone I know was on shift there trying to stop people using the taps as a shower

Out of interest how long have various camping options been available at Glastonbury?

I think the Tipi field has been going for as long as I've been (since 2004) and probably longer.

Worthy View is since 2013.

Would be interesting to see how many of the glamping options have appeared within the last 10 years or so as I can't really remember many when I started going (don't think there were any at Reading back in 1999!)

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think the Tipi field has been going for as long as I've been (since 2004) and probably longer.

Tipi Field has been going much longer, but was (and is) for people who're bringing their own. The Tipi Village (ie the ones you can rent) started in I think 2007 when The Park was created.

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Cant remember what day WV was off but think it was off most of the day... im gonna say it was friday 

It was Saturday... it’s all from the same reservoir but they lift the restriction on staff and public at different times. They are now building a new reservoir to be ready before 2020. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-plans-build-new-reservoir-banish-water-problems-hit-2019-festival-2564578/amp

F9376E75-ED45-4AD3-9F6D-DA502CFF09DA.png

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Tipi Field has been going much longer, but was (and is) for people who're bringing their own. The Tipi Village (ie the ones you can rent) started in I think 2007 when The Park was created.

Ahh I didn't realise that., they are next to each other though aren't they?

On 11/20/2019 at 12:12 PM, Superscally said:

I personally am against this sort of thing. It does change the festival demographic regardless how much those who use glamping facilities protest. I've seen it change vibewise (and negatively so) for the past twenty years as it gets slowly gentrified. I don't dislike people who go for these options, I just don't think they should exist. I'm all for providing camping for those with genuine accessibility options, but it's not just a festival. It's Glastonbury, what makes it special is the inclusivity. I hear people who say they wouldn't go if there were no glamping options. That's cool. Go somewhere else then, there are other options. 

How did you get on fella ? Manage to bag yourself a Tipi ?

4 hours ago, circus92 said:

So the introduction of Worthy View has actually improved things then?

It feels kinda odd being involved in this particular debate when I have never been before - next year will be my first so I have no frame of reference.

I don't think wv changed things I think Mr E putting loads more places to piss helped.. I remember when if you walked down the side of the pyramid stage it would be one long line of blokes pissing into the ditch that is now fenced off.. 

I thought it funny this year in the heat.. Watching all the people sitting in the hedges around the site to find shade... Has to be newbies to the festival scene because no matter how many loos there are people.. Both sexes... Use the hedges to pee in when the sun goes down... Its like one of the first things that you learn.. Don't lay in the hedges lolol.. 

11 hours ago, vardyvarvar said:

Shoutout to the undercover down and dirties who have to stay in pre-erected campsites due to their better halves demand.

We know who you are, we know you don’t want to smell that clean. God speed.

You have rumbled me ?

I got lucky with CV ticket for the reasons you have alluded to, but have just been thinking - surely I can still pitch a tent within the fence and get the best of both worlds?  Say for example my wife and 2 kids have an early night, they hardly want me stumbling into the CV in the early hours - can I pitch a tent and stay in the middle of it all?

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I don't think wv changed things I think Mr E putting loads more places to piss helped.. I remember when if you walked down the side of the pyramid stage it would be one long line of blokes pissing into the ditch that is now fenced off.. 

I thought it funny this year in the heat.. Watching all the people sitting in the hedges around the site to find shade... Has to be newbies to the festival scene because no matter how many loos there are people.. Both sexes... Use the hedges to pee in when the sun goes down... Its like one of the first things that you learn.. Don't lay in the hedges lolol.. 

Cheers for the tip - I will definitely remember that one ?

3 hours ago, MJP said:

sptZut2.png

Interesting that there's this much accommodation after 22 minutes in the pre-sale.

Crazy prices........ No way you can say that this does not change the demographic of any festival.. But like life its those that can and those that can't but as the years have gone by glastonbury is definitely going down the road of those that can... 

I wonder........ For those going down the pre pitched Rd whats your top limit for a price just for the actual festival... Nothing else just a single tix to glasto.... If I remember mine was 250.270..way over that now... 

9 minutes ago, circus92 said:

You have rumbled me ?

I got lucky with CV ticket for the reasons you have alluded to, but have just been thinking - surely I can still pitch a tent within the fence and get the best of both worlds?  Say for example my wife and 2 kids have an early night, they hardly want me stumbling into the CV in the early hours - can I pitch a tent and stay in the middle of it all?

Yea I thought that was great... Its the other half's fault lolol

5 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Crazy prices........ No way you can say that this does not change the demographic of any festival.. But like life its those that can and those that can't but as the years have gone by glastonbury is definitely going down the road of those that can... 

I wonder........ For those going down the pre pitched Rd whats your top limit for a price just for the actual festival... Nothing else just a single tix to glasto.... If I remember mine was 250.270..way over that now... 

I completely agree with you on the prices- they are outrageous imho.  We decided that if we didn’t get a CV pitch there was no way we would pay that much for a pre-erected tent.  CV just makes so much more sense for us coming from over the water, but if we hadn’t got one there is no way I would pay those rates.

11 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

@guypjfreak @circus92 how much per-person-per-night do you think is too much?

£25-40 just doesn’t seem unreasonable. Especially when we know other sites further away are charging over 5 times these levels for a similar experience.

No I meant for the glastonbury festival ticket not accommodation old son.. Just the ticket.. So this year's ticket is £270... Which is 20 odd more than my highest price I was going to pay but there you go lol