Pre erected camping

guypjfreak

23 hours ago, waynewdk said:

I think No. 2 will be the same or even more busier, as all the larger tents/ sheds have been removed, which will give more area for more scout tents, with them having a four sided base they will get more into the area, left by the circle, octagon ones

That is my biggest worry. This year was way too rammed... so rammed the showers went off for a long time.  They need to use some of the space left from not having the pod pads on showers/toilets. But they wont.... as I also said.... it feels very money grabby and greedy the way the prices have increased year on year. 

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

That is my biggest worry. This year was way too rammed... so rammed the showers went off for a long time.  They need to use some of the space left from not having the pod pads on showers/toilets. But they wont.... as I also said.... it feels very money grabby and greedy the way the prices have increased year on year. 

Didn’t the showers go off as a way of conserving water due to the heat? Don’t think it was down to how busy it was.

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

Showers were turned off across the whole festival due to increased water demand due to the heat, to allow the reservoirs to fill back up.  This included all of the super expensive off site glamping and crew fields too, so not related to the number of people in WV.

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

The people pissing  was way way worse "back in the day". I remember n the 80's being told off for being on someones blanket (rare I give you as we all mainly shared in our stoned happy ways) There are just more people there now.

I get your point but not your snobbery

There's no snobbery there. If you know me, as others who've testified on here have said, you'd know that to be the case. The pissing was awful, it got sorted a great deal by the Green Police and the don't pee on the land message. The last few years it's as bad as I've ever seen it. The thing that drove me mad was the people pissing on the outside of the urinals which had no, or virtually no (like a ten second) queue and an entrance twenty foot away. Gave a good few slaps on the other side of the fence as I was walking out... Oh, the rage on the other side! As long as Peter Crouch wasn't on the other side, you could bask in glorious anonymity. Until now, I guess. Maybe this is my "I am Iron Man" moment.

Edited by Superscally
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Superscally said:

There's no snobbery there. If you know me, as others who've testified on here have said, you'd know that to be the case. The pissing was awful, it got sorted a great deal by the Green Police and the don't pee on the land message. The last few years it's as bad as I've ever seen it. The thing that drove me mad was the people pissing on the outside of the urinals which had no, or virtually no (like a ten second) queue and an entrance twenty foot away. Gave a good few slaps on the other side of the fence as I was walking out... Oh, the rage on the other side! As long as Peter Crouch wasn't on the other side, you could bask in glorious anonymity. Until now, I guess. Maybe this is my "I am Iron Man" moment.

Completely on the same page with what you are highlighting here and that would definitely annoy me to.  I'm just not sure how that sort of behaviour is linked link to Worthy View and the increase in "glamping"

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

I had my one outbreak of rage in the one in the pyramid field at people doing this on the internal urinal wall .... top of my voice ... people looked at me in amazement ... including a guy who was showing his son that its ok not to use a urinal .... perhaps my swear words weren't appropriate .. but didnt see the kid till after 

37 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Completely on the same page with what you are highlighting here and that would definitely annoy me to.  I'm just not sure how that sort of behaviour is linked link to Worthy View and the increase in "glamping"

Yep this. 

Hate the pissers and had a proper go at a few last year. 

Was way worse before worthy view though

Edited by fred quimby

51 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Yep this. 

Hate the pissers and had a proper go at a few last year. 

Was way worse before worthy view though

So the introduction of Worthy View has actually improved things then?

It feels kinda odd being involved in this particular debate when I have never been before - next year will be my first so I have no frame of reference.

I can picture it now, Glasto in a hundred years time will be like an episode of the walking dead minus the flesh eating?  Gated clean power showered communities all getting along watching a hologram of long dead Ed Sheeran and then herds of great unwashed wandering around moaning it wasn't as good as back in the day. ? 

33 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

GOOD LUCK POSHO’S.

We don’t want you to change the demographic of the great unwashed, but I can feel us getting flanked on the west side. 

?  Premium Economy Glastonbury, now where's my pre flight champagne and hot towel...

Edited by GlastoEls

20 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

I can picture it now, Glasto in a hundred years time will be like an episode of the walking dead minus the flesh eating?  Gated clean power showered communities all getting along watching a hologram of long dead Ed Sheeran and then herds of great unwashed wandering around moaning it wasn't as good as back in the day. ? 

And my ashes blowing around the stone circle which by that time will be inside an eco friendly environment controlled bubble with a wind machine that no one can get inside. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

19 minutes ago, MJP said:

sptZut2.png

Interesting that there's this much accommodation after 22 minutes in the pre-sale.

18:43 and 8-person worthy view has become available again, as well as 4 person bunkpad Sticklinch. Also 2-person basic Podpad Sticklinch.

Edited by MJP

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Showers were turned off across the whole festival due to increased water demand due to the heat, to allow the reservoirs to fill back up.  This included all of the super expensive off site glamping and crew fields too, so not related to the number of people in WV.

They use different reservoirs?? My friend said the oxfam ones were fine... so....