Pre erected camping

guypjfreak

9 hours ago, Ameeps said:

Anyone know if Sticklinch includes showers and bathrooms like Worthy View? No information on the Glasto page.

I would definitely think so.. If you are paying that amount for a tent you will definitely have a shower...... Why people always want toilets and showers etc at festivals I don't know but that's a new thing that has happened over the years.. Hey each to their own but like phone charging I'd not queue longer than 15 minutes for anything like that at a festival hence I don't do it.. Wet wipes do for me and go with the flow 

Also I don't think its a matter of having a go at people who pre erect camping it's more about how it has and is changing the festival.. And as someone who's been a fair few times it really has changed the festival.. But hey ho. 

42 minutes ago, Shane Frank said:

We are bringing our two lads (7 & 5) this year to get them involved. Tempted by the organised tents but want them to experience camping close to the action. Does anyone know how manic the Family Camping area's near Kidz Field and Wicket Ground get? We are arriving on the Thursday on the organised buses.. 

That area fills up pretty quickly. But there always seems to be plenty of space in the family camping at Wicket Ground, which will be convenient if you're coming on the bus.

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I would definitely think so.. If you are paying that amount for a tent you will definitely have a shower...... Why people always want toilets and showers etc at festivals I don't know but that's a new thing that has happened over the years.. Hey each to their own but like phone charging I'd not queue longer than 15 minutes for anything like that at a festival hence I don't do it.. Wet wipes do for me and go with the flow 

Also I don't think its a matter of having a go at people who pre erect camping it's more about how it has and is changing the festival.. And as someone who's been a fair few times it really has changed the festival.. But hey ho. 

I have to say that whilst I think that the option of alternative accommodation benefits the local community and makes sense from a planning and environmental perspective, it won't put me off camping in the thick of it, getting to know the neighbors and having a good time.

People like hot showers, people like a decent place to take a shit, and bottom feeders have tried to fill in the gaps that Glastonbury left open.

I think the festival has already changed. 'Stinklinch' is just a way to keep the money in the local community.

19 hours ago, Superscally said:

the vibe has changed to one of less respect and tolerance.

have to say, that i that i do actually agree with this.

but only so far as the past few years, and WV has been going a lot longer than that so i have no idea what the cause is.

these past few years it has just felt different , can't really explain it, just a feeling that something in the air had changed, the vibe was different - it "felt" more like V than Glastonbury. 

i'm not making any reference to ANY of the line up or anything, forget that, i'm just talking about the vibe.

2 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Shoutout to the undercover down and dirties who have to stay in pre-erected campsites due to their better halves demand.

We know who you are, we know you don’t want to smell that clean. God speed.

damn, if only i hadnt already told ya'll its my idea for WV this year then i could have gone with this...

I was doing big shop the other day and saw someone buying pre-chopped onion for more money than an onion. I was furious. Stormed over there and said “hey, your personal choices that have no impact on my life is really changing the demographic of Saino’s... and I, for one, don’t like it”.

Absolutely fuming. I went home and had to write about it on a forum. Still think about this regularly and every time I’m chopping onions - there’s tears in my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, vardyvarvar said:

I was doing big shop the other day and saw someone buying pre-chopped onion for more money than an onion. I was furious. Stormed over there and said “hey, your personal choices that have no impact on my life is really changing the demographic of Saino’s... and I, for one, don’t like it”.

Absolutely fuming. I went home and had to write about it on a forum. Still think about this regularly and every time I’m chopping onions - there’s tears in my eyes.

???

10 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Shoutout to the undercover down and dirties who have to stay in pre-erected campsites due to their better halves demand.

We know who you are, we know you don’t want to smell that clean. God speed.

damn - you got me!

Edited by circus92

4 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Seriously though, pre-chopped onions? grated cheese? shredded lettuce?

What is fucking wrong with people?

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Seriously though, pre-chopped onions? grated cheese? shredded lettuce?

What is fucking wrong with people?

I love it when I’m doing personal shopping and these things are unavailable ... i like the torture I’m inflicting when I give them something that they need to chop up and quietly smile to myself 

2 hours ago, circus92 said:

I think you have misinterpreted my use of the word "Inclusive"

Not maliciously man, I see your point in it being able to include some people who choose not to go and be a bit grubby or want less of a trek with bags, but that is a choice. Having more glamping options (which will inevitably become part of the ticketing proportion eventually - Eavis has said it's something they're looking act) physically will prevent people who can't afford in the future from coming and that's what I feel most uncomfortable about. The writing for me is on the wall. I hope it doesn't happen...

23 hours ago, Superscally said:

Come in Fred, you know it's worse now. Way worse.

The people pissing  was way way worse "back in the day". I remember n the 80's being told off for being on someones blanket (rare I give you as we all mainly shared in our stoned happy ways) There are just more people there now.

I get your point but not your snobbery

Edited by fred quimby
  • Upvote 1