What's happened to West Camperville?!?

bullie

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

i got my cv ticket OK, but another of my buying group wanted one too and that sale wouldn't go thru, and gave a msg of "You may only purchase ONE campervan with your registration".

I've no idea why that happened, but it's what happened.

Was somebody else also trying to buy one for them, using their registration, at the same time?

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

Deffo not the case. Got a couple of mates who have 2 under their reg number, despite see tickets says it wouldn't happen this year. 

Weird one this as one of our group got in and put registration number in only to be told a ticket had already been purchased for that number...

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Weird one this as one of our group got in and put registration number in only to be told a ticket had already been purchased for that number...

Yeah that happened when i tried to get tickets for others. The registration had already been used. Doesn't tell you until you try to submit payment so a lot of faffing. 

Someone else said they got refused as their address was already used? We have two CV tickets at same address. One in my name and one in himselfs. Got one for another efester who is hoping to get lucky in the resale and we can convoy in together. 

It was all very stressful but thankfully we got CV east quiet which makes me happy. 

• Like 1

With regards to East increasing; E14 didn’t look very full last this year and is a large field. Not sure how much more they will need to expand to take the excess from west.

I find East quiet, not much of a party atmosphere which I’m comfortable with, someone nailed it with ‘seems like a place to go back to sleep’ what difference do you find in “East quiet” Other than being closer to PGC?

19 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Yeah that happened when i tried to get tickets for others. The registration had already been used. Doesn't tell you until you try to submit payment so a lot of faffing. 

Someone else said they got refused as their address was already used? We have two CV tickets at same address. One in my name and one in himselfs. Got one for another efester who is hoping to get lucky in the resale and we can convoy in together. 

It was all very stressful but thankfully we got CV east quiet which makes me happy. 

Bizarre, have read quite of quite a few people that for more than one per Reg number. All good with East Quiet though.

And on that note does anybody know where on the map East quiet actually is? It doesn’t seem to be specifically marked? 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

i got my cv ticket OK, but another of my buying group wanted one too and that sale wouldn't go thru, and gave a msg of "You may only purchase ONE campervan with your registration".

I've no idea why that happened, but it's what happened.

Had exactly the same problem, as did a mate.

The entire error is: "Unable to Accept payment. We're really sorry, but unfortunately, we are unable to accept the payment or address you have provided. You may only purchase ONE campervan with you registration." which pretty much covers all the possibilities without actually telling you what the problem was. This was when using a registration number that had got a GA ticket but not booked anything else so should have been ok.

Did your group member get a ticket in the end?

12 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

very weird that some people got the message saying one was already booked under that reg, yet some managed to get 2 tickets.. we deffo have 2 people who got 2 tickets under same reg/name and have got 2 booking references too.

the one I know of which failed wasn't trying for a 2nd cv ticket on a single registration, but was trying for a first cv ticket on a registration where another registration from the same buying group (me) had already bought a cv ticket.

27 minutes ago, CY 2019 said:

I got my East CV pass.

What’s the deal with the East CV quiet and accessible fields?

Does anyone know what fields they are in?

I think they’re E17, E18, etc. Those closest to Gate C, situated at the top of the hill of death. When you drive in, quiet areas are straight on once you’re through the ticket area, general CV fields turn right along the lane. It’s quite possible there may be some changes to the map due to CV West going. 

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I think they’re E17, E18, etc. Those closest to Gate C, situated at the top of the hill of death. When you drive in, quiet areas are straight on once you’re through the ticket area, general CV fields turn right along the lane. It’s quite possible there may be some changes to the map due to CV West going. 

Thanks for the reply!

Where are you in Manchester by the way?

I’m a Chorlton boy!

On 11/22/2019 at 5:04 PM, Upside down frowner said:

With regards to East increasing; E14 didn’t look very full last this year and is a large field. Not sure how much more they will need to expand to take the excess from west.

I find East quiet, not much of a party atmosphere which I’m comfortable with, someone nailed it with ‘seems like a place to go back to sleep’ what difference do you find in “East quiet” Other than being closer to PGC?

No difference really. It used to be called East Family but, in my opinion, got hijacked by people who aren't there with kids who want to get a spot closer to the ped gate. I think the branding as quiet was to try and stop this happening but, again in my opinion, I still think people favour these tickets due to there being a better chance of a short walk to the gate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

No difference really. It used to be called East Family but, in my opinion, got hijacked by people who aren't there with kids who want to get a spot closer to the ped gate. I think the branding as quiet was to try and stop this happening but, again in my opinion, I still think people favour these tickets due to there being a better chance of a short walk to the gate.

There are many reasons why people might have reason to favour these tickets. I find it harder to manage walking distances due to medical issues. I'd rather not go down the route of requesting the accessible field as I feel I would be taking a space from someone else or wouldn't be eligible cos I don't get allowances to send as proof. So spare a thought for the able bodied looking people in the same field. 

I apologise if you misunderstood what I said but I don't believe I said that there was anything wrong with favouring the fields closer to the gate. I just said that the family fields were often used be people that didn't have families with them and that the quiet fields are used by people who want to be closer to the gate. I didn't say there was anything wrong with either.

Edited by Johnnyseven

23 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I apologise if you misunderstood what I said but I don't believe I said that there was anything wrong with favouring the fields closer to the gate. I just said that the family fields were often used be people that didn't have families with them and that the quiet fields are used by people who want to be closer to the gate. I didn't say there was anything wrong with either.

Ah no. I didn't take it that way. Just a lot of people read these boards so was just putting across a different point of view.