What's happened to West Camperville?!?

bullie

We have been in West campers for a good few years now. It was easy to get vans in and out and access via pedestrian gate was always no problem. 5 minute Q at the busiest times. I wonder if the capacity to handle more people at Gate C will be improved. A long walk and then a long Q are never the best start to a day! 

20 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

How many extra tents/people do you think this will cover now?

CV West field is between 2/3s and 3/4s the size of Worthy View, so to answer your question, loads of people. Seem to remember that WV has 5000 scout tents but could be wrong. Have just messaged daughter #2 who is WV crew. She might remember.

Just now, Sawdusty Surfer said:

CV West field is between 2/3s and 3/4s the size of Worthy View, so to answer your question, loads of people. Seem to remember that WV has 5000 scout tents but could be wrong. Have just messaged daughter #2 who is WV crew. She might remember.

Might be how they are making room for 7000 more people

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

Shame, it was a great campervan spot. Pretty hilly though from what I remember?

bit of a slope but that kept the site dry - i put my base camp there last year and it was like walking through the pearly gates compared with the soul-less all-nighter at other pedestrian gates. Getting out afterwards was similarly smooth as it discharged downstream of the main car parks. i am gutted this option has gone; it was just too good to last

17 hours ago, Badlands said:

Took me 45 minutes to get to our car park in East this year, and we were a stones throw away from the nearest campervan field. Doing the CV looks ace if you're right at the edge of the site, but could I bollocksed be bothered to do that walk there and back every day.

the bed, heater, cold beer, bacon butties and ample storage makes up for the trek, to be honest it’s worth it just for not having to carry all your stuff miles across the site.

• Upvote 1

I’m a bit gutted about this. We have stayed in West since 2015 and really love it. It’s a long old trek home at night but I love that it’s small and never had big queues for water, toilets or getting into site each day. 

How does East compare? Anyone done both? We will still take a camper but I’ll be a bit apprehensive. 

58 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I’m a bit gutted about this. We have stayed in West since 2015 and really love it. It’s a long old trek home at night but I love that it’s small and never had big queues for water, toilets or getting into site each day. 

How does East compare? Anyone done both? We will still take a camper but I’ll be a bit apprehensive. 

I'm sure both sides have their fans, but for me it's (was) West is best. I've stayed in both CV West and CV East and for the reasons you give above plus found it had a great festival vibe and community feel, I much preferred West. Equally gutted here as well.

For whatever reason CV East has always just felt like somewhere to go and sleep and that's it.

Still, I've got to embrace it now. Its that or Bath and West...

So strange to say, but fingers crossed for CV East tomorrow.

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

I'm sure both sides have their fans, but for me it's (was) West is best. I've stayed in both CV West and CV East and for the reasons you give above plus found it had a great festival vibe and community feel, I much preferred West. Equally gutted here as well.

For whatever reason CV East has always just felt like somewhere to go and sleep and that's it.

Still, I've got to embrace it now. Its that or Bath and West...

So strange to say, but fingers crossed for CV East tomorrow.

Yeah agree with you on the friendly people and good vibes too. Ahh it’s only a field so why do I feel so sad?!! I think it’s because going to Glastonbury every year and finding all your fave bits in the same place is very comforting. Not that I don’t want it to evolve but just assumed we would always camp in the same place and have the same (long but often eventful) journey in and out of the action each day. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

25 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Wonder what, if any, impact the extra campervans all trying to get in CV east will have on entry and exit times. 

Hopefully and presumably they will add some extra entry lanes at that gate ... :) surely they won’t want any extra aggravation for those entering that way 

4 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Can anybody remember the format for the CV sale. Are you able to buy multiple passes for different Reg numbers or is it just one Reg number per sale?

In previous years you've been able to by muliple passes for the same registration , in different transactions, but that caused an issue with multiple people trying so incorrect multiple tickets being bought so they may have closed that loophole now

58 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Wonder what, if any, impact the extra campervans all trying to get in CV east will have on entry and exit times. 

Are they increasing the capacity of CV East then?  If they aren't then traffic flow should be same as usual.  I think the extra camper vans due to closure of west CV will be sent to Bath & West from what they're sying online

24 minutes ago, GlastonburyNewbie said:

looking to get camper tickets tonight...Does anyone know, do you pick the campsite you want or do you just get what you get?

I'd like to camp in East but i'm not even a bit interested in being at Bath showground..Am i playing a lottery by getting campervan tickets?

Any help gladly received!

You'll know what you're booking when you are booking it!

It will give you the option, if it's available.

Edited by stuie
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 1:31 AM, Funkyfairy! said:

In previous years you've been able to by muliple passes for the same registration , in different transactions, but that caused an issue with multiple people trying so incorrect multiple tickets being bought so they may have closed that loophole now

Thanks, it seemed the loophole was closed last night and people were only able to buy one ticket per registration.

53 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Thanks, it seemed the loophole was closed last night and people were only able to buy one ticket per registration.

Deffo not the case. Got a couple of mates who have 2 under their reg number, despite see tickets says it wouldn't happen this year. 

Just now, Johnnyseven said:

Do you mean buying group from the main ticket sale? If so this isn't case as 2 people from my ticket group each got a East CV Quiet ticket last night.

i got my cv ticket OK, but another of my buying group wanted one too and that sale wouldn't go thru, and gave a msg of "You may only purchase ONE campervan with your registration".

I've no idea why that happened, but it's what happened.