Campervan Ticket Help Needed

sinhala

For the first time since 1997 I did not get tickets. GUTTED !

However I am determined to be there, either via Volunteering or via Resales.

I will be staying in a caravan in East CV fields, so I need a CV ticket.

So my plea is for someone on here who DOES have a ticket to let me have their Registration & Postcode details so that I can get a CV ticket on Thursday.

I have been an eFester for ages and I know you are all good people and am just hoping that someone will help me out.

Thank you and fingers crossed !

I believe the camper van tickets are linked to your actual ticket so you need to provide both your camper van ticket with your name on it and the festival ticket to gain entry to the camper van fields.

How rigorous they are at checking this I don't know. 

The other option would be Ashcombe farm car park 

16 minutes ago, ShuMart said:

I believe the camper van tickets are linked to your actual ticket so you need to provide both your camper van ticket with your name on it and the festival ticket to gain entry to the camper van fields.

How rigorous they are at checking this I don't know. 

The other option would be Ashcombe farm car park 

Never known them to be rigorous but you never know when they might start 

48 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the other option is to wait ... get the resale tickets and then the campervan   ones as they do become available closer to the event as some people will end up with duplicates from the initial sale ... as we did last time .... 

I didn’t realise this is possible!? It’s possible to buy more than one cv ticket against a single registration? ?

Edited by caballosblancos

5 hours ago, sinhala said:

For the first time since 1997 I did not get tickets. GUTTED !

However I am determined to be there, either via Volunteering or via Resales.

I will be staying in a caravan in East CV fields, so I need a CV ticket.

So my plea is for someone on here who DOES have a ticket to let me have their Registration & Postcode details so that I can get a CV ticket on Thursday.

I have been an eFester for ages and I know you are all good people and am just hoping that someone will help me out.

Thank you and fingers crossed !

If you volunteer, you'll be on site won't you?

4 hours ago, caballosblancos said:

I didn’t realise this is possible!? It’s possible to buy more than one cv ticket against a single registration? ?

It is. You do need a festival ticket to be able to get a CV ticket, but that could be anyone in the vehicle, not necessarily you. Although you can only buy 1 ticket per transaction, you can go back to get another, or have several trying for you, there's no control like the festival tickets. So there is the danger of multiple payments and deduction of admin fees for the unwanted extra tickets.

30 minutes ago, carlosj said:

It is. You do need a festival ticket to be able to get a CV ticket, but that could be anyone in the vehicle, not necessarily you. Although you can only buy 1 ticket per transaction, you can go back to get another, or have several trying for you, there's no control like the festival tickets. So there is the danger of multiple payments and deduction of admin fees for the unwanted extra tickets.

I see. How odd. Thanks

Anyone planning to bring a campervan or caravan in 2020 will need to book their own campervan/caravan tickets (£125 per ticket for a regular pitch; or £225 for oversized vehicles) and will need to present both their named campervan/caravan ticket and Festival tickets to be able to park in these fields. Campervan/caravan tickets will feature the name and address of the ticket holder. 

Not sure you can buy for someone else anymore- they look like the tickets are linked and the website says they are non transferable. 

7 hours ago, sedra said:

Anyone planning to bring a campervan or caravan in 2020 will need to book their own campervan/caravan tickets (£125 per ticket for a regular pitch; or £225 for oversized vehicles) and will need to present both their named campervan/caravan ticket and Festival tickets to be able to park in these fields. Campervan/caravan tickets will feature the name and address of the ticket holder. 

Not sure you can buy for someone else anymore- they look like the tickets are linked and the website says they are non transferable. 

The tickets do have the purchaser's reg details printed on them, but they can be transferred/used by another person who is in the purchaser's festival ticket group (ie one of those in the group of 6). MrsCJ was once down for an operation in June one year which didn't happen, but I spoke with See who said I could give the ticket to my cousin (in my ticket group) with a letter explaining. Having said that, I did say my cousin would have my festival ticket too, to show the original purchaser (me) as extra proof. The transfer bit is to stop us buying one, charging £1000 and transferring it to someone else.

There is still the option of 1 person buying 2 or 3 and going in as a convoy of 2 or 3 vehicles, which will work, if all the vehicles' occupants have festival tickets.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, carlosj said:

Although you can only buy 1 ticket per transaction, you can go back to get another, or have several trying for you, there's no control like the festival tickets. So there is the danger of multiple payments and deduction of admin fees for the unwanted extra tickets.

A friend asked this specific question to seetickets about if you can only buy one per registration and have been told this year it's only 1 per reg number, so we will see if duplicates happen this time.

Edited by Paul ™

2 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

A friend asked this specific question to seetickets about if you can only buy one per registration and have been told this year it's only 1 per reg number, so we will see if duplicates happen this time.

OK, cheers.

5 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Though Apparently duplicates did happen 

What have you heard? We had 5 people to get, and about 20 helping, and someone got the 'ticket already purchased' message for the last one we got (ie just been bought when another person was trying too) so I thought they'd sorted this out.

Hi,

Looking for a little help with a bit of a crappy situation! We were lucky enough to secure tickets for Glastonbury, and to secure 2 x pre-erected campervans. However, we were only able to get 1 x campervan parking pass in the sale last Thursday. So now we are stuck with an extra campervan, and nowhere to park it, and a huge fee for cancellation. I was told that we could alternatively have the caravan parked at another campsite outside the festival (e.g. Love Fields, etc.), but these are quite expensive. Anyone have any clever suggestions, or perhaps have a campervan parking pass who is still looking for a campervan?

Thanks! Kat

Just now, KatrinaP said:

Hi,

Looking for a little help with a bit of a crappy situation! We were lucky enough to secure tickets for Glastonbury, and to secure 2 x pre-erected campervans. However, we were only able to get 1 x campervan parking pass in the sale last Thursday. So now we are stuck with an extra campervan, and nowhere to park it, and a huge fee for cancellation. I was told that we could alternatively have the caravan parked at another campsite outside the festival (e.g. Love Fields, etc.), but these are quite expensive. Anyone have any clever suggestions, or perhaps have a campervan parking pass who is still looking for a campervan?

Thanks! Kat

top tip ... just post it in one thread and it will get answered .... tickets crop up to the ticket resale in April and there is usually a sale after that aswell so all is not lost