Friends Cancelling

RarerThanDandyB

My friends dont like Macca and are cancelling their tickets to do another festival, maddening, crazy, sickening I know. I have had the Glastonbury discussion but nothing has changed minds.

I got them them the tickets and I wanted to confirm whether if they send an email to cancel that would effect my ticket? Can someone else cancel your ticket or does it have to be from your email your account is registered on to do it for yourself. I couldn't bare losing my ticket and I have got a bit paranoid. 

Thanks

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

My friends dont like Macca and are cancelling their tickets to do another festival, maddening, crazy, sickening I know. I have had the Glastonbury discussion but nothing has changed minds.

I got them them the tickets and I wanted to confirm whether if they send an email to cancel that would effect my ticket? Can someone else cancel your ticket or does it have to be from your email your account is registered on to do it for yourself. I couldn't bare losing my ticket and I have got a bit paranoid. 

Thanks

oh rubbish not an answer to your question but they have lots more time to decide .... cant they just not pay off the balance ? and you pay off yours ...? the effect would be the same and would avoid confusion ?

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

oh rubbish not an answer to your question but they have lots more time to decide .... cant they just not pay off the balance ? and you pay off yours ...? the effect would be the same and would avoid confusion ?

They want the money back in the next month, not waiting till April. Thanks @crazyfool1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I didn't think they could 'cancel' before the payment window - I thought you could only not pay off the balance, and by then the lineup will be out.  If they ultimately can then they're essentially jacking in their chance to see the rest of the lineup and make a decision to get just £25 now instead of April.

It is a coach package so they will get the most part of the fee for that also hence why they want to do so. I hope you are right and they cant cancel. I doubt it would effect me but I wouldn't want to risk losing my ticket.

7 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Your friend are cancelling a ticket because of 1 act playing 1 stage for 2 hours at a 5 day festival?

No offence but you need better friends!

Yep. They wanna attend something where all the main headliners are suited to them... I know.

@eFestivals would you happen to know the answer to the question?

38 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yep. They wanna attend something where all the main headliners are suited to them... I know.

How on earth did they think that an unknown lineup at a deliberately varied festival like Glastonbury would be ever be that? I can just about get my head round someone taking a gamble, but when the criteria for success is that restrictive then the chance of it paying off drops to pretty much zero.

1 minute ago, incident said:

How on earth did they think that an unknown lineup at a deliberately varied festival like Glastonbury would be ever be that? I can just about get my head round someone taking a gamble, but when the criteria for success is that restrictive then the chance of it paying off drops to pretty much zero.

I am going whether or not but wanted to make sure them cancelling didnt effect me cause I got there tickets. 

I told them this and it is not enough but I am caring more about getting myself there wouldn't miss it for the world.

Thanks everyone by the way also.

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2019 at 6:20 PM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thanks

Blimey. I mean, I've seen people threaten to do this on Twitter but never thought anyone was serious. It must be so annoying for you, and even more annoying for people who didn't get tickets but such is life, forget about them and concentrate on having a great build up and festival. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/18/2019 at 6:20 PM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thanks

One headliner and they don't like it so cancel the whole festival.... This really fucking annoys me... They shouldn't have tried in the first place.. There is ALOT more than the pyramid stage.. Christ I know people who really deserve those tickets... I hope you yourself still go.. Tell them there out of order..