The Macca Reaction Poll

Hugh Jass

The Macca Reaction Poll  

508 members have voted

1. 1. My thoughts on Macca

• Fantastic Booking! Wouldn't miss it for anything!
    • Good booking, guy is obviously a legend. Will probably be there.
    • Might pop along if nothing else takes my fancy.
    • I get that he's a big deal but not for me.
    • Too old! No thanks!
    • I wanted Franz Ferdinand

If anything, this announcement has proved that people will bitch on social media regardless of the announcement.

Already people saying things like "not gonna bother in the resale now" or "won't pay off the balance if this doesn't get better".

They literally couldn't book anyone bigger!

Pyramid headliners are always a win win for me - either it's someone I want to see or it's someone who frees up time for me to go elsewhere!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

bigger does not automatically = better.

True, of course.   But I'm not convinced that the people moaning on social media that Paul M is "more of a legend slot than a headliner" would be happier if they'd given Wolf Alice or Foals the gig instead.   It doesn't matter who they book, some people will always moan.   

My favourite musician of all time, at my favourite place...cant complain can I?

He's clearly not where he used to be, even a few years ago, vocally, but he has all the songs and all the presence to make it a special night. The bloke will be 78 by the time he performs, so I cant imagine he'll have many shows of this magnitude left him.

Saw him once before, about 10 years ago, at the O2 and whilst he was great, that place is soulless. Cant wait to see him in such a special place.

• Like 1

Dream come true stuff for me.

The Beatles mean more than most acts ever will to me, for a variety of reasons and I've never seen him play live

To get to see him play live, headlining the Pyramid nonetheless is next level.

I get it's not for everyone, no act is but for those with tickets, you're going to see one of The Beatles headline the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury Festival. It doesn't get any bigger

Edited by mufcok

Good booking 

as there is a generation of people who won;t have seen a Beatle play Beatle music. I went to see him 04 for that reason. 

unfortunately i found him to be a bit narcissistic w*nker and left half way through.  I have been told he has got better on stage since then. Still won;t be there but i understand why  a fuck load of people will go and watch. I think Kylie would still have had a bigger crowd last year than he will.

good booking not for me 

2 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

True, of course.   But I'm not convinced that the people moaning on social media that Paul M is "more of a legend slot than a headliner" would be happier if they'd given Wolf Alice or Foals the gig instead.   It doesn't matter who they book, some people will always moan.   

true, very very true.

and until Ozrics are at the top of the Pyramid i'll be moaning along with rest of 'em..

? 

19 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Very much in that i get he's a big deal but its not for me.

Think it's a brilliant booking for an anniversary and I'm sure it'll be a massive sing-a-long and just about everyone who goes to see it will leave thinking it was incredible and very fitting of the 50th anni, but I'll be elsewhere as it's just not something I've any interest 

Yeah echo this totally