The Macca Reaction Poll

Hugh Jass

The Macca Reaction Poll  

508 members have voted

1. 1. My thoughts on Macca

• Fantastic Booking! Wouldn't miss it for anything!
    • Good booking, guy is obviously a legend. Will probably be there.
    • Might pop along if nothing else takes my fancy.
    • I get that he's a big deal but not for me.
    • Too old! No thanks!
    • I wanted Franz Ferdinand

Totally get how fantastic a booking this is for the festival. An complete legend of music and the perfect act for the 50th. 

I missed the Beatles bandwagon so will probably be elsewhere, but can’t deny how huge he is.

(Half hoping to feel the same about the other Saturday headliners so I can head to SE Corner early)

I'm worried about his voice but there are only a few bands that would stop me being there for the full set in reality which are bands I love more than any others eg Arcade Fire or The National although it seems unlikely either would be Other Stage headliner next year!

Franz Ferdinand I would love to see also but seen them twice recently!

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Anyone else reckon it’ll be a fairly huge Other headliner against him? No disrespect to some of the recent Other Stage headliners but most of them would have been playing to a fairly empty field of up against a Beatle!

People were talking about Dua Lipa. Imagine it will be someone along those lines. Modern and pop or a dance act 

Edited by strummer77

1 hour ago, Garrett_Salas said:

Always sneered at people who would go see a band that they aren't massively into their music but because it 'ticks a box', but have to say, I'm tempted to go just so that I can say I saw one of The Beatles live.

This is kind of where I am. If I stuck with the prejudices of my younger years, I wouldn't see him. 

Now I'm old, I'm sure I can set aside a couple of hours of my life to see a Beatle.

I mean, try explaining to future generations why you passed it up.  They will, rightly, look at you like you're daft. 

Seen the announcement get some stick on Twitter, the usual "glad I didn't get tickets now with that dross Paul McCartney + Diana Ross yawn". I've come to realise you literally can't please everyone. People will moan and complain about anything. Especially those without tickets. It's Paul Fucking McCartney for crying out loud. I'm too young to have grown up in the Beatles era (so could be elsewhere when he's on) but that's a fantastic booking regardless.

10 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Seen the announcement get some stick on Twitter, the usual "glad I didn't get tickets now with that dross Paul McCartney + Diana Ross yawn". I've come to realise you literally can't please everyone. People will moan and complain about anything. Especially those without tickets. It's Paul Fucking McCartney for crying out loud. I'm too young to have grown up in the Beatles era (so could be elsewhere when he's on) but that's a fantastic booking regardless.

Only cos they are not going to be there

1 hour ago, Garrett_Salas said:

Always sneered at people who would go see a band that they aren't massively into their music but because it 'ticks a box', but have to say, I'm tempted to go just so that I can say I saw one of The Beatles live.

Go see something else and then just lie and say you saw him regardless.

7 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Very close to definitely see, but voted for most probably see as we have no info on clashes yet. For example Rage Against the Machine on other would personally give me a dilemma!

For extra context I saw Sir Paul at Live8. Of course that was a limited set, but I lost my na na na na cherry.

Agree, RATM or Foals on Other would be tricky. Hard to ignore a Beatle, though.

27 minutes ago, D-Low said:

I do genuinely think some people don’t know what they want. They want to be shocked but can’t explain what would shock them.

More people are probably expecting an Oasis/Pink Floyd/Led Zeppelin reunion than you’d think.