Paul McCartney twitter post!

dmedxb

Just now, jow95 said:

Any reason it hasn’t been officially announced given that the hint was so obvious?

I imagine they're letting it simmer for a bit and they will announce it officially later today/tomorrow. Similar deal to the Radiohead thing.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I imagine they're letting it simmer for a bit and they will announce it officially later today/tomorrow. Similar deal to the Radiohead thing.

Certainly benefits macca to do it that way. Thousands of retweets and comments etc on his own post before getting a second wind with the official announcement

It's a great booking.   I suspect the % of the audience who were there last time will be quite small so I don't think it's a lazy repeat booking.

I saw him in 2015 on his tour and absolutely loved it.   Would love to see him at Glastonbury as would some of our party who couldn't stretch to pay for tickets to his own gigs.

Elton John was the dream, but Paul McCartney will do nicely.

If it's Kendrick and Taylor the other two nights, I'm open to be somewhere else when he plays rather than three nights at the Pyramid, but I'd definitely be missing something by not being there.

I'm still torn as to whether Hey Jude is the ultimate in fun singalongs, or the ultimate in middle class people pretending to be upper middle class.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Elton John was the dream, but Paul McCartney will do nicely.

If it's Kendrick and Taylor the other two nights, I'm open to be somewhere else when he plays rather than three nights at the Pyramid, but I'd definitely be missing something by not being there.

I'm still torn as to whether Hey Jude is the ultimate in fun singalongs, or the ultimate in middle class people pretending to be upper middle class.

Get over yourself man, it's an absolute corker of a sing along. 

Great booking for the big 50th bash!

Torn as it will undoubtedly be a moment but I saw him in 2003 at Kings Dock and can’t believe even Glastonbury crowd could top his home crowd singalong! So will be looking for an alternative to watch with probably a handful of others.

ok so the bit im not understanding is that Emily stated that there were going to be no announcements before Christmas and we've found out since that it was more than likely MCCartney that was the one in negotiations ..... why has he announced now and not waited until after Christmas ? could he just not have held off or been asked to based on what Emily had said ? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok so the bit im not understanding is that Emily stated that there were going to be no announcements before Christmas and we've found out since that it was more than likely MCCartney that was the one in negotiations ..... why has he announced now and not waited until after Christmas ? could he just not have held off or been asked to based on what Emily had said ? 

Sure she said until the new year but anyway I think he may have jumped the gun because it's just been signed. Good news though cos means he is excited to be there and not just pick up the cheque. 

Just now, Doug85 said:

Sure she said until the new year but anyway I think he may have jumped the gun because it's just been signed. Good news though cos means he is excited to be there and not just pick up the cheque. 

yes because we haven't had anything from the festival .... you can imagine them running around getting as much together as they can for an announcement ...  but im sure he could have held off ... like a Kid at Christmas I guess :)