Paul McCartney twitter post!

dmedxb

On 11/30/2019 at 11:11 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what's everyone's dream setlist for this show? Also, I looked and (according to setlist.fm) apparently Macca has never played I Want To Hold Your Hand as a solo artist? That's mad, it's ab absolute banger, you'd think it would go down well at shows. Anyone know why he doesn't play it?

Be like an uncle at a family disco. Start wearing it normally, then gradually undo your shirt buttons throughout the night and put the tie around your head

Have a brilliant t-shirt of the portraits from the white album that is going to be wrapped in cotton wool until Glasto, got it from Pretty green. 

Set list would be along the lines of 

While my Guitar 

Blackbird 

Sgt peppers reprise. 

Helter skelter 

Came in through the bathroom window 

Maxwell's silver hammer 

Live and let die 

Band on the run 

Julia 

Back in the USSR 

A day in the life 

Here comes the sun

Let it be  

Hey Jude 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

Was thinking what the odds on him bringing Ringo out, he brought him out on the last date of his tour at Los Angeles' Dodger Stadium last July so it's not unheard of!

Be special to see them share the stage for the 50th

Think Ringo is elsewhere Glasto weekend 

What's yer top 5 tracks that you absolute need to hear him play on the Pyramid? Looking back at the post I made a few months back of my 'dream set' based on that my 5 would be something like;

• Live And Let Die
  • Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
  • Hey Jude
  • Helter Skelter
  • Maybe I'm Amazed (just realised I missed that off of my set list, wtf was I thinking?)

8 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

What's yer top 5 tracks that you absolute need to hear him play on the Pyramid? Looking back at the post I made a few months back of my 'dream set' based on that my 5 would be something like;

• Live And Let Die
  • Hey Jude
  • Helter Skelter
  • Maybe I'm Amazed (just realised I missed that off of my set list, wtf was I thinking?)

Nineteen Hundred and eighty five? You kidding me? Bin that and get Golden Slumbers on there. I'd have Something there too, in place of MIA, but I'd have yer other three

Edited by Superscally

38 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

• Live And Let Die
  • Hey Jude
  • Helter Skelter

You're possibly going to be in luck - he's played all these on pretty much all of the 39 'Freshen Up' shows so far. I expect though that his usual 38-39 songs will be shortened to under 30, so something will have to give (hopefully the likes of Fuh You), but I suspect these will be played.

I'd love to see him play some songs I've never seen him play before - the likes of Penny Lane, Mother Nature's Son, Martha My Dear etc, but there's very little chance. And the bottom line is I'd not want them at the expense of the big hitters. He used to change the setlist around between tours quite a bit, but it seems quite static now, just the odd tweak here and there. Whatever we get, I'll be in bits.