Paul McCartney twitter post!

dmedxb

15 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

And surely this thought sort of perverted thought process extends to punters and traders too? Very odd 

We’re all basically just badger killers! 

16 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Just listened to Something and realised I'm probably going to be shedding many tears when Macca is up there on the Pyramid.

You won’t be alone. Whenever I’ve seen him live, it automatically becomes one of my favourite gigs, what with the combination of it being Macca, the unparalleled list of songs for him to play, the setlist he choses, his great band, the fact that he really gives value for money (well over 30 songs). Even the much-derided cliche of the ‘Hey Jude’ singalong is an unbelievably moving moment, and the bigger the crowd the better. The emotion will be heightened in June given his age; this will inevitably be his last Glasto headline appearance, and I’ll no doubt wonder if I’ll see him again.

So what's everyone's dream setlist for this show? Also, I looked and (according to setlist.fm) apparently Macca has never played I Want To Hold Your Hand as a solo artist? That's mad, it's ab absolute banger, you'd think it would go down well at shows. Anyone know why he doesn't play it?

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

204DFE86-247E-4DE3-B06C-DFB40AC91560.thumb.jpeg.906fa68a24f0d84c50019744990b5445.jpeg

Just found my Beatles tie. 

Too formal for a Glasto? Maybe wear it as a headband? 

Be like an uncle at a family disco. Start wearing it normally, then gradually undo your shirt buttons throughout the night and put the tie around your head

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what's everyone's dream setlist for this show? Also, I looked and (according to setlist.fm) apparently Macca has never played I Want To Hold Your Hand as a solo artist? That's mad, it's ab absolute banger, you'd think it would go down well at shows. Anyone know why he doesn't play it?

Be like an uncle at a family disco. Start wearing it normally, then gradually undo your shirt buttons throughout the night and put the tie around your head

I thought it was cool as a member of staff to wear it to a school Xmas disco I was helping to supervise. Turned out to be not a good idea!  Got my revenge, took a session on the turntables and gave the little shits status quo and dire straits! 

• 2 weeks later...

There’s a BBC article today about a private Christmas album Macca made for his family. He briefly mentions his upcoming Glasto appearance; seemingly special to him: 

The former Beatle will top the bill on the Pyramid Stage on 27 June, a week after he celebrates his 78th birthday.

Glastonbury is 'very special'

Sir Paul admitted he might get nervous, but would prepare for his appearance by playing 10 concerts beforehand "to get up to speed".

"You don't get an athlete just coming into the Olympics not having done a few races beforehand," he said.

"The idea is by the time I get to Glastonbury it'll just be just like another gig. But of course it won't be, because it's very special."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50755325

4 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Is it not surprising he doesn't seem to have any other UK & Ireland dates? Or do we think more may be announced?

Not sure really. The interview he did the other day on the radio seemed to suggest he'd booked the other shows specifically as a warm up for Glastonbury and that's the focus for him next summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see an Anfield show or something next summer but kinda thinking Glastonbury is it (for the summer atleast)

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Not sure really. The interview he did the other day on the radio seemed to suggest he'd booked the other shows specifically as a warm up for Glastonbury and that's the focus for him next summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see an Anfield show or something next summer but kinda thinking Glastonbury is it (for the summer atleast)

Looks like I'll just have to make it to Glastonbury in that case!

19 hours ago, henry bear said:

There’s a BBC article today about a private Christmas album Macca made for his family. He briefly mentions his upcoming Glasto appearance; seemingly special to him: 

The former Beatle will top the bill on the Pyramid Stage on 27 June, a week after he celebrates his 78th birthday.

Glastonbury is 'very special'

Sir Paul admitted he might get nervous, but would prepare for his appearance by playing 10 concerts beforehand "to get up to speed".

"You don't get an athlete just coming into the Olympics not having done a few races beforehand," he said.

"The idea is by the time I get to Glastonbury it'll just be just like another gig. But of course it won't be, because it's very special."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50755325

I remember last year wondering what they meant by "Freshen Up" (the name of the tour). Like what is needing to freshen up for? 

Perhaps it was Glastonbury all along.