Paul McCartney twitter post!

dmedxb

6 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Nick deliberately fibbed to throw you off.

It seems this way to me too. 

Emily not necessarily fibbing as she never denied he was playing etc just that he wasn't booked (at that moment) 

Nick on the other hand seems to have tried to throw people off the scent. I wonder if that was to stop Macca from being scared off it (like Prince) and then announced him early to stop him from pulling out. 

4 minutes ago, Cockney_Jesus said:

As excited as I am to finally see Macca it's all going to go the second he goes "ANYONE SEE THE FILM YESTERDAY!?" then brings Ed out for a few Beatles tracks.

*Chris Martin with his guitar sidestage being held back by security, tears in his eyes*

What if he brings out Himesh Patel?!

7 minutes ago, Cockney_Jesus said:

As excited as I am to finally see Macca it's all going to go the second he goes "ANYONE SEE THE FILM YESTERDAY!?" then brings Ed out for a few Beatles tracks.

*Chris Martin with his guitar sidestage being held back by security, tears in his eyes*

Not sure what is worse.. Ed Sheeran on stage with Macca or Chris Martin ?. I would rather Himesh Patel do a few tracks, i thought he did the beatles songs justice 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Macca plays live on the reg but tends not to to nail down his plans till quite late in the day. I'm with Neil in that this was only locked down in the last few days. Even then it's quite far flung for Thumbsaloft.

I don't think there is any doubt that he was nailed down until very very recently (100% between Emily Eavis' recent interviews and yesterday's announcement), but I think what @ghostdancer1is saying is that some sort of negotiation could have been going on for some time. I mean if they were talking to his people for 2019, I am sure the following year would have been mentioned in one of the conversations.

When Nick said it wasn't happening, he may have been telling porkies, or it may well have looked completely off at that stage. Like all negotiations things can be on, then off and then on again etc.

Still a bit baffled that we got this yesterday.

I’m a scouser born in Liverpool raised in Liverpool and even though there’s evidence of The Beatles legacy everywhere you look I was not really a massive Beatles fan when I was growing up. A lot of my mates were/are massive Beatles fans who had their music played through their childhoods my mum listened to a lot of Michael Bolton and me Dad loves The Eagles neither were Beatles fans. It’s probably only been over the last 10 years that I have delved in to their discography and grown to enjoy their music more and more and have been able to really appreciate what they did throughout the 60s and then what they all did after they split up (minus Ringo the bell end).

As you can obviously tell I’ve never seen him before and for any scouser at Glasto next year I think it’d be sacrilege not to be infront of The Pyramid  on the Saturday night. Still can’t get over that he’s gonna be there it’s gonna be an unbelievable Saturday night sing-a-long. Can’t wait.