Paul McCartney twitter post!

dmedxb

30 minutes ago, Havors said:

He maybe isnt a recent sign up?? This was in april? 

Firstly, I was warned off taking what Michael says as gospel by someone who knows him *very* well ( :P ), and anyway it's easy to see by looking back on his statements that they often can't have been true.

And since Michael said that I've had Nick Dewey categorically state that Macca wouldn't be at Glasto 2020.

And since then (early Sept) Macca has been on the radio to say (paraphrased) that nothing was happening with him getting booked for Glasto, although he was open to the idea.

And then we've had Emily say that 2 headliners hadn't done Glasto before and are booked, and that one was still in negotiations. And that there wouldn't be an announcement until the new year.

It seems very likely to me that Macca has been sorted out very recently, and Michael was telling porkies (rather than Nick, Macca, & Emily).

Edited by eFestivals

10 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50460341

some pretty brutal opinions of him and the festival in general over on BBC news comments section! I do try and avoid the comments sections of any news site as it tends to make the blood boil - so much hate from people who have clearly never been to glasto!

Yea was just reading through them. Some classic shit in there. Most odd.

One even said - this makes me glad I have never been.

What odd behaviour

Better one was someone complaining they thought simple minds would be better

Edited by fred quimby

1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

Capitalise on the Xmas streaming market I reckon.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

oh yes ... that makes sense ... probably why he wanted the negotiations done and dusted too :) 

Yep... he's down to his last £1BN so he needs us all to Spotify him up :rofl:

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Firstly, I was warned off taking what Michael says as gospel by someone who knows him *very* well ( :P ), and anyway it's easy to see by looking back on his statements that they often can't have been true.

And since Michael said that I've had Nick Dewey categorically state that Macca wouldn't be at Glasto 2020.

And since then (early Sept) Macca has been on the radio to say (paraphrased) that nothing was happening with him getting booked for Glasto, although he was open to the idea.

And then we've had Emily say that 2 headliners hadn't done Glasto before and are booked, and that one was still in negotiations. And that there wouldn't be an announcement until the new year.

It seems very likely to me that Macca has been sorted out very recently, and Michael was telling porkies (rather than Nick, Macca, & Emily).

i can see Michael ringing up Macca, asking him if he wants to do it

he says yes

he says talk to my daughter

then the bartering starts, how much when where what stage etc

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The thing is she said the ones booked she’s proud of and with Macca this could be massive. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

"I mean people are saying that it would be good if I did it, so I’m starting to think about whether I can or whether it would be a good thing." 

That's not quite him saying nothing was happening.

1 hour ago, gordo1701 said:

I'm a big fan of Paul and saw him a few times in 2018. His shows are fantastic and he has such an amazing energy throughout the entire show. I agree that he's got issues with his voice so I'm a bit worried about the official broadcast of this performance but if you're there watching him it's one of the best shows you'll ever see! Kinda wish he wouldn't do these public performances due to how he never comes off well & just stick to doing his own shows instead 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fine verging on pretty fucking good 

Better than 10 years back for sure.

Is he still the man in his twenties that sung Oh Darling?

No.

But he's laid off the weed and he's sounding like a fucking good soundtrack to a Saturday night.

We love to hear it.

9 minutes ago, mcshed said:

"I mean people are saying that it would be good if I did it, so I’m starting to think about whether I can or whether it would be a good thing." 

That's not quite him saying nothing was happening.

He also said "people are starting to talk about it", so if anything actually happening was just starting (and the starting was my point about a later approach, not a claim of nothing)

(and that 'starting to talk about it' looks a bit different today. Prior to that line he'd talked about his kids saying he should do it, so there's an implication the 'starting to talk about it" might have been his kids and not 'his people').

Edited by eFestivals

4 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Would this be one of Emily's two that have been booked since 2017? Seems odd as she said no news until the new year and they were still trying to get the third.

General opinion is that Macca is the one they were still in negotiations with, so they've sorted the contract.

That leaves 2 that have never played the festival before that are already signed up.

Presuming we'll get around 33 songs again I'd like to see something like this;

1. Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

2. Rock Show

3. Jet

4. All My Loving

5. Hello Goodbye

6. Drive My Car

7. I Don't Know

8. Let Me Roll It

9. The Long And Winding Round

10. Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five

11. Let Em In

12. My Love

13. I've Just Seen A Face

14. Day Tripper

15. Blackbird

16. Lady Madonna

17. Dance Tonight

18. Mrs Vandelbilt

19. Eleanor Rigby

20. Something

21. Band On The Run

22. Back In The USSR

23. I've Got A Feeling

24. A Day In The Life 

25. Let It Be

26. Live And Let Die

27. Hey Jude 

ENCORE 1

28. Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) 

29. Paperback Writer

30. Get Back

ENCORE 2

31. Yesterday

32. Helter Skelter 

33. The End

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

He also said "people are starting to talk about it", so if anything actually happening was just starting (and the starting was my point about a later approach, not a claim of nothing)

(and that 'starting to talk about it' looks a bit different today. Prior to that line he'd talked about his kids saying he should do it, so there's an implication the 'starting to talk about it" might have been his kids and not 'his people').

I'm not saying Emily is wrong I'm saying with hindsight it sounds like he was approached soon before that interview and without hindsight I always thought that interview sounded like there was some conversations going on but nothing concrete, not sure why you took him off as a rumour. 

I agree with you that Nick's comments to Scottie where likely more accurate than Michael blabbing to the BBC.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

I'm not saying Emily is wrong I'm saying with hindsight it sounds like he was approached soon before that interview and without hindsight I always thought that interview sounded like there was some conversations going on but nothing concrete, not sure why you took him off as a rumour

reading the whole thing back today I'm definitely seeing the words in a different light, and can see why someone might have taken them differently - but overall at the time they seemed to me to be more like nice words to answer a question with than anything which was happening with 'his people'.

25 minutes ago, stuie said:

General opinion is that Macca is the one they were still in negotiations with, so they've sorted the contract.

That leaves 2 that have never played the festival before that are already signed up.

So, the Rage Against the Machine dream is well and truly dead then..?

If they only just came back as a thing, they can't have been booked for a while...(and played before)

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So, the Rage Against the Machine dream is well and truly dead then..?

If they only just came back as a thing, they can't have been booked for a while...(and played before)

Unless we've misunderstood what Emily said or they are one of the Pyramid level Other stage acts!

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Would this be one of Emily's two that have been booked since 2017? Seems odd as she said no news until the new year and they were still trying to get the third.

Not aiming at this at you specifically as plenty of people have said it, but I think people read too much into what Emily may or may not have said.

I think I commented at the time when she said no headliner announcements until the new year it didn’t really mean anything. That’s not saying she’s a liar, but flip it round she'd never actually tell us a headliner announcement was imminent or due before Xmas anyway.