Paul McCartney twitter post!

dmedxb

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nothing, is my opinion.

I'm saying that if Macca isn't a booking who's only just been signed and sealed, then it's suggestive that Emily, and Macca, and Nick Dewey have all told some porkies around Macca &/or who has/is being booked.

I'm saying I think Macca is the one who was recently still being negotiated, and that was because he was approached more recently (probably since that interview with Zoe Ball, which might have encouraged Glasto to go for him).

how?

Nick, I get, because he told you that Macca wasn't playing.

I don't see what Emily has said that points to this.

I've seen loads of replies on Facebook about his voice.

You're not going to see a man or woman in their mid to late 70's for their voice. You're going to see them because they're f**king legends and someone you can tell your kids you saw. My kids are coming with me, so they can say themselves they saw him!

There are just some names that transcend other things. Paul on the Pyramid, especially if you're a Beatles fan, is a 'I was there' moment.

To be fair, I said the same about U2. Crap weather, average performance, band didn't even really enjoy it, but hey, I saw U2 headline the best festival in the world. I'm not telling my kids in a few years that "to be honest poppet, Adam Clayton couldn't really be arsed that night".

• Upvote 2

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

how?

Nick, I get, because he told you that Macca wasn't playing.

I don't see what Emily has said that points to this.

It takes tying a few bits together, and then making (some fairly logical) assumptions against them from what's happened ... all a bit convoluted (just tried writing it to make sense and failed).

But anyway, I don't think she's telling porkies, I think things have changed with Macca being the act that was still in negotiation. And if he was still in negotiation - after others have signed up - that suggests he was a later approach than the others.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

It takes tying a few bits together, and then making (some fairly logical) assumptions against them from what's happened ... all a bit convoluted (just tried writing it to make sense and failed).

But anyway, I don't think she's telling porkies, I think things have changed with Macca being the act that was still in negotiation. And if he was still in negotiation - after others have signed up - that suggests he was a later approach than the others.

What's your thoughts on Emily saying that someone who could be headlining would be playing either other stage or sub headline? (to paraphrase a lot) ha! Foals?? 

1 minute ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Great news. Will be like the Stones in 2013 with how busy it will be. Get there 3 hours earlier if you want a good spot.

we saw him from the back of the field last time didnt detract at all ... in fact it was probably my greatest headliner of the many years I have been :) it just clicked 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

I'm happy with Macca.... lots on twitter dont seem to be... 

Do we think this would cause some people to give up tickets?? Is there anyone on here would put their ticket back in the pot because of this? 

Can you tell I still need a ticket? haha 

I think if someone gave up a ticket to Glastonbury because Paul McCartney was playing then that person should be round up and shot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

He maybe isnt a recent sign up?? This was in april? 

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

I'm happy with Macca.... lots on twitter dont seem to be... 

Do we think this would cause some people to give up tickets?? Is there anyone on here would put their ticket back in the pot because of this? 

Can you tell I still need a ticket? haha 

I wouldn’t give up my ticket if I had one, but it’s certainly eased the pain of not getting one. I’ll still try my luck in April though! 

2 minutes ago, Nutella Versace said:

I wouldn’t give up my ticket if I had one, but it’s certainly eased the pain of not getting one. I’ll still try my luck in April though! 

Yeah that seems the most common theme.... people saying... "well glad i didnt get a ticket now" ...... w*nkers!! haha 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50460341

some pretty brutal opinions of him and the festival in general over on BBC news comments section! I do try and avoid the comments sections of any news site as it tends to make the blood boil - so much hate from people who have clearly never been to glasto!

33 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Great news. Will be like the Stones in 2013 with how busy it will be. Get there 3 hours earlier if you want a good spot.

Meh we rocked up after Primal Scream and got into a pretty good spot for the Stones by the time they came on. We thought we would have to be there much earlier but no, it was alright. Really enjoyed the Stones too.

Edited by robillustrates