Paul McCartney twitter post!

dmedxb

7 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Lol I knew Macca was being lined up for 2020 despite being told it wasn't happening on here. Can anyone sort me a contact for a ticket please! 

absolutely everything points to Macca being a more-recent addition to the acts they've been trying to get for next year unless Emily has been telling a lot of porkies lately.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

absolutely everything points to Macca being a more-recent addition to the acts they've been trying to get for next year unless Emily has been telling a lot of porkies lately.

Michael and Paul have mentioned it in the last few months though and they did chase him for last year. Is it possible he's always been on the list but they just weren't that confident of pulling it off?

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

So do we reckon Macca was being chased all summer, then? Or were they chasing someone else, that fell through, and they've recently gone for Macca?

everything does seem to suggest that, otherwise I'd have thought he'd have been an earlier signing. Maybe what he said on the radio encouraged them to go back to him?

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

So Paul's pipes then. Most people who've seen him recently don't seem to be concerned, so is all this his voice is knackered stuff the long shadow of a dodgy turn at the Olympics or are there wider legitimate concerns?

I'll be watching him anyway but am curious to know what people think?

I'm a big fan of Paul and saw him a few times in 2018. His shows are fantastic and he has such an amazing energy throughout the entire show. I agree that he's got issues with his voice so I'm a bit worried about the official broadcast of this performance but if you're there watching him it's one of the best shows you'll ever see! Kinda wish he wouldn't do these public performances due to how he never comes off well & just stick to doing his own shows instead 

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

So Paul's pipes then. Most people who've seen him recently don't seem to be concerned, so is all this his voice is knackered stuff the long shadow of a dodgy turn at the Olympics or are there wider legitimate concerns?

I'll be watching him anyway but am curious to know what people think?

Fine verging on pretty fucking good 

Better than 10 years back for sure.

Is he still the man in his twenties that sung Oh Darling?

No.

But he's laid off the weed and he's sounding like a fucking good soundtrack to a Saturday night.

1 minute ago, strummer77 said:

Michael and Paul have mentioned it in the last few months though and they did chase him for last year. Is it possible he's always been on the list but they just weren't that confident of pulling it off?

If I take everyone at their word (apart from Michael's who's word I've been warned off), then it's clear that nothing was happening with getting him booked at the beginning of September when Macca did his interview with Zoe Ball.

Which would make him a fairly recent booking, and the one who was recently still in negotiation.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

what has Emily said that isn't true?

Nothing, is my opinion.

I'm saying that if Macca isn't a booking who's only just been signed and sealed, then it's suggestive that Emily, and Macca, and Nick Dewey have all told some porkies around Macca &/or who has/is being booked.

I'm saying I think Macca is the one who was recently still being negotiated, and that was because he was approached more recently (probably since that interview with Zoe Ball, which might have encouraged Glasto to go for him).

I think his voice will be fine if there isnt an active tour around the festival. If he is playing in norway or something a couple days prior, I would have concerns. If he only has those paris dates and then nothing else, he’ll be fine. I mean, i probably shot myself in the foot and he is going to announce a europe tour tomorrow now.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm only messing around but I'm gutted I didn't get a ticket in the main sale now, it's the one act I want to see on the Pyramid Stage and number one on my hitlist of acts I want to see.