Paul McCartney twitter post!

dmedxb

Setlist thoughts? Curious if this will be branded as an Egypt Station part 2 tour, or more of a greatest hits thing. It makes the France and Spain rumours seem legit - will this be a big tour or just a short May/June European thing (probably) as a warm up/justification for getting the band together for Glastonbury?

Also wonder if there will be any special guests for the set? I joked a while ago about Chris Martin coming out for some of the Lennon tracks...

One of the most prolific living songwriters from arguably the most famous band of all time. Can't think of a better headliner for the 50th anniversary. Naturally, his voice isn't what it was but 100,000+ singing from the tops of their lungs in that field will give zero fucks in that moment. The perfect booking. 

• Upvote 7

Missed out on tickets in 2004 and watched on TV. Live and Let Die was really cool, will watch again later, but my memory is that it had fireworks, which were actually not at all de rigeur back then. I seem to remember commenting to my wife that "wow, they let him have fireworks, they don't really do fireworks". Sounds quaint thinking about the shows we've had in the last few years!!

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

One of the most prolific living songwriters from arguably the most famous band of all time. Can't think of a better headliner for the 50th anniversary. Naturally, his voice isn't what it was but 100,000+ singing from the tops of their lungs in that field will give zero fucks in that moment. The perfect booking. 

Agreed, it's either The Beatles or Brother Beyond. Almost too close to call.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

Setlist thoughts? Curious if this will be branded as an Egypt Station part 2 tour, or more of a greatest hits thing. It makes the France and Spain rumours seem legit - will this be a big tour or just a short May/June European thing (probably) as a warm up/justification for getting the band together for Glastonbury?

Also wonder if there will be any special guests for the set? I joked a while ago about Chris Martin coming out for some of the Lennon tracks...

The French gigs’ online presence indicate these are still ‘Freshen Up’ tour dates. They don’t have the greatest Macca setlists IMHO, but hopefully some tweaks for the G. 

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

Got to be a greatest hits thing I'd imagine. Give the people what they want (although would be delighted if he played I Don't Know from Egypt Station. Terrific track) 

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Got to be a greatest hits thing I'd imagine. Give the people what they want (although would be delighted if he played I Don't Know from Egypt Station. Terrific track) 

Aye. Can't imagine him turning up at the 50th Glastonbury and doing an Egypt Station heavy setlist. I didn't mind that record at all, but people will clearly be there for a career spanning, greatest hits set.

28 minutes ago, angelin said:

Its predicable though isnt it? Dod none of you see him before? He was good but im not expecting anything different from the set.

As someone who only started going to festivals in 2011 I have not seen Paul. Which is why this is quite an exciting booking for me.

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

This. All of this.

• Like 1