Parental Assistance

Fat envelope

Directions/info

Oops, I think I broke the forum rules showing my wares and searching for validation of my limited artistic talents – my apologies ?

To try and balance the forum universe, I recall somebody asked about my experience taking the kids this year so thought I would do a useful thread instead regarding my experience which went like absolute clockwork

Kids were 10 and 7 at the time and we travelled down on the Weds morning from Yorkshire, to arrive on site c.1pm. arriving this time meant the initial queues had died down and we drove straight into the pink car park from the M5 without any hassle. We were planning on staying at Wicket Ground for a couple of reasons – you apparently have to join the early throng if you want a spot on the main family camping area (Cockmill), we didn’t want to be centred solely around the Kidz Field, plus Wicket was a bit out the way so perhaps a little more relaxed. On this basis, initially we were going to go in through Gate A as this is closest, but in the car park, someone mentioned that this one still had a min 2 hr queue to get in with regular new injections of people from those getting off the coaches at the nearby station. As it was, we went to gate D and literally walked straight up to get the wristbands – not even a 2 min queue. Admittedly, there was a longer walk once we were in there, but rather that than standing around with a couple of kids. We were in and the tent was up by about 3pm and off we trotted. Added bonus is that there are well maintained and relatively quiet composting toilets which eased the kids in to festival ‘life’ (they were long drop savvy by the end of the weekend though!)

In terms of coming home, I did a run to the car early(ish) Sunday to drop a lot of stuff off, then had the family up at 4.30am Monday morning for them to set off back to the car just after 5am with their things, whilst I packed up the tent and followed about an hour later. We were off site by 7am

Hope the above makes sense/is useful for any other 1st timers taking their kids (or not) – these were the main things I wanted to get right as much as possible before we did it and by luck and a bit of planning I think we saved ourselves some potential stress. Appreciate there may be questions about what/how we worked things whilst in, but I think the funs is finding out whilst there tbf. Happy to fill in more detail for anyone interested though

Edited by Fat envelope