Beans On Toast

Chrisp1986

Couldn't find a thread about him but thought it was deserved. I discovered him at the start of the year, saw him 6-7 years ago but didn't 'get' him but now he is more or less all I listen to! Nothing really to say about him apart from let's start some love and which stage will he be on? I honestly think he is ready for an early Other slot or mid afternoon JP. Previously he has played Avalon and Greenpeace but he needs to be given a louder voice. In gigs this year he has been playing Take Your Shit Home With You which is basically about people leaving tents at festivals and if this was performed on the bigger stages it could have a real effect too. Not been officially released but on his new album that is out on 1st Dec.

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Couldn't find a thread about him but thought it was deserved. I discovered him at the start of the year, saw him 6-7 years ago but didn't 'get' him but now he is more or less all I listen to! Nothing really to say about him apart from let's start some love and which stage will he be on? I honestly think he is ready for an early Other slot or mid afternoon JP. Previously he has played Avalon and Greenpeace but he needs to be given a louder voice. In gigs this year he has been playing Take Your Shit Home With You which is basically about people leaving tents at festivals and if this was performed on the bigger stages it could have a real effect too. Not been officially released but on his new album that is out on 1st Dec.

There’s been quite a few discussions about beans on here. His I can’t get a gig at Glastonbury this year is legendary. Always make a point of trying to see him. It was absolutely rammed in green peace this year on the Thursday. 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

There’s been quite a few discussions about beans on here. His I can’t get a gig at Glastonbury this year is legendary. Always make a point of trying to see him. It was absolutely rammed in green peace this year on the Thursday. 

Yup but doesn't play it anymore, people were screaming for it at Lantern (small bar in Halifax) earlier this year and he just ignored them. No idea why! MDMamazing still gets played every time though!

27 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Yup but doesn't play it anymore, people were screaming for it at Lantern (small bar in Halifax) earlier this year and he just ignored them. No idea why! MDMamazing still gets played every time though!

In the Avalon back in 2016 I think,  he  said it was going to be the last time he would sing it, though I remember someone on here saying he actually sang it a few months later on his tour 

31 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

8 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Disagree with all of this, not a fan of his at all, almost as bad as the Lancashire hotpots.  

But then they will be other acts to see. So long that he’s entertaining someone good on him. 

Yeah, Hotpots are a band I see twice a year too. I am going to send them this comment, I will send you their reply :)

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Yeah, Hotpots are a band I see twice a year too. I am going to send them this comment, I will send you their reply :)

I’ve told them on Twitter that they a single joke that stopped being funny after one telling. 

they liked the comment, fair play to them. I don’t like them but I respect what they do.  

9 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’ve told them on Twitter that they a single joke that stopped being funny after one telling. 

they liked the comment, fair play to them. I don’t like them but I respect what they do.  

Have you actually been there when they do Lean Forwards, Lean Backwards?

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I honestly think he is ready for an early Other slot or mid afternoon JP. Previously he has played Avalon and Greenpeace but he needs to be given a louder voice. 

Dunno if I agree with this. Part of the joy of Beans gigs at Glasto is the relative intimacy. Though Greenpeace was absurdly busy last year. I think if he was on the Other, there’d be a few thousand hardcores at the front and everyone else would be chatting. He’d get lost...

7 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

Dunno if I agree with this. Part of the joy of Beans gigs at Glasto is the relative intimacy. Though Greenpeace was absurdly busy last year. I think if he was on the Other, there’d be a few thousand hardcores at the front and everyone else would be chatting. He’d get lost...

Absurdly busy? Understatement! I was perched precariously on the edge of a wall next to that big slide thing in green peace. I suppose because it was the Thursday that might explain the size of the crowd. He does suit the intimate venues though as he interacts well with his audience. Maybe JP if their is a problem with other stages being rammed? 

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Absurdly busy? Understatement! I was perched precariously on the edge of a wall next to that big slide thing in green peace. I suppose because it was the Thursday that might explain the size of the crowd. He does suit the intimate venues though as he interacts well with his audience. Maybe JP if their is a problem with other stages being rammed? 

Haha yeah it was proper rammo! And it was an actual oven! We were t’other side opposite slide stood up on some of the wooden set.

I don’t think he suits JP, I dunno why particularly so don’t ask! I think if they had to stick his main gig on a bigger stage than Avalon then mid afternoon Park would be my choice. 

Edited by caballosblancos

First met beans before he got big.. My son booked him and he played our little Boscombe community fair lol really nice person.. Bumped into him at camp bestival this year had a chat and the grand kids were amazed especially my son in laws boy.. He couldn't wait to tell his mates lol.. The year before I got them to meet lord of the lobsters.. Now he's fabulous check out his website or Facebook.. Pinchy pinchy lol

67891692_2378725018877516_2343005617469259776_n.jpg

P1090045.JPG

• Like 1

First kinda saw beans at strummer of love ,timings went all to fuk so only seen a bit but enjoyed what I saw ,been to most UK tours since,met him a few times ,even played in a back garden before a local gig once ,top bloke on my opinion ,read his book his first Glastonbury experience is a joy to read .

On another note he actually invited me on stage at a joint skinny Lister gig  to sing final song of the gig ,I was totally wasted but gave it my best ,plus it was day before birthday best 56th birthday ever ?

Just now, cidy said:

First kinda saw beans at strummer of love ,timings went all to fuk so only seen a bit but enjoyed what I saw ,been to most UK tours since,met him a few times ,even played in a back garden before a local gig once ,top bloke on my opinion ,read his book his first Glastonbury experience is a joy to read .

On another note he actually invited me on stage at a joint skinny Lister gig  to sing final song of the gig ,I was totally wasted but gave it my best ,plus it was day before birthday best 56th birthday ever ?

Just ordered the book tonight and cant wait to read it!

4 minutes ago, cidy said:

Hope Skinny Lister are back this year!