Definitive up-to-date answer around selecting a car park close to desired campsite

sbaker176

Hey all!

I've seen a few threads about this but they were a few years old so I wanted to check if the information is relevant today. Our group is planing on camping Cockmill Meadow which is close to Blue Gate. Every year I've been to Glastonbury I've got by the Bath & West Showground shuttle bus so thats dropped me off at Red Gate (I think? Maybe Yellow as they're close). This is the first year I'm going by car.

We will be approaching from Shepton Mallet from Frome direction.

From my understanding, you can't really select which gate you park at, you just go towards one and hope they let you in or they divert you to another that they want to fill up instead? Is this correct? Is there a way to increase your chances of parking near your desired gate?

Would appreciate any advice!

Anyone heading for the family campsite by the Acoustic field should take the Purple Route into the Festival (this is signed off the A37, follow the purple patches on the road signs).

For family camping do you know why they recommend purple route and not brown route? It seems like brown route is more direct

Edited by sbaker176

55 minutes ago, sbaker176 said:

For family camping do you know why they recommend purple route and not brown route? It seems like brown route is more direct

Once you get that close, then the exact path you get directed along will change based on things like current traffic conditions, which fields are being filled at that moment, and which are already full. So it's a case of follow the event signage for Purple, but it's entirely possible that you actually get sent in via Brown gate.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Once you get that close, then the exact path you get directed along will change based on things like current traffic conditions, which fields are being filled at that moment, and which are already full. So it's a case of follow the event signage for Purple, but it's entirely possible that you actually get sent in via Brown gate.

Excellent - thanks for your help