Michael Kiwanuka

Chrisp1986

56 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

@gigpusher

Ffs.

FB_IMG_1614766582039.jpg

FB_IMG_1614766668226.jpg

I was hoping that there would be dates. It's going to be an absolute bunfight for venues when this is over. I have bought tickets for The Staves in October today. Just hoping none of my existing gigs clash with any new dates. 

Must be so hard for all the artists concerned. I'm worried about buying any new tickets until I know the rescheduled dates for others though so that's putting me off buying any more tickets at the moment. 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got to see him last night and all I can say is wow! Such a powerful performance and his voice was spot on.

Setlist lost a few around us as the main set only had 2 songs that weren't from KIWANUKA. He more or less did all the album in main set plus Rest and Black Man In A White World. Encore was Falling, Living In Denial, Home Again, Cold Little Heart and Love and Hate.

Absolutely smashed it and would be a perfect early Pyramid set.

Finally got to see him last night and all I can say is wow! Such a powerful performance and his voice was spot on.

Setlist lost a few around us as the main set only had 2 songs that weren't from KIWANUKA. He more or less did all the album in main set plus Rest and Black Man In A White World. Encore was Falling, Living In Denial, Home Again, Cold Little Heart and Love and Hate.

Absolutely smashed it and would be a perfect early Pyramid set.

20220508_220742.jpg

20220508_222022.jpg

49 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

My turn next week. Looking forward to it. It's been a long time coming. 

He is SO good. I would say the support is a little flat though. Her album is brilliant but she has chosen to use the slot to preview a new 'project' and didn't even play Borders.

I was there last night as well - phenomenonal show! 

We did mess up a bit and ended up stood behind the tallest couple in the world so bailed to the back where all the talkers hang out but was still a great night. 

I do find it a bit strange that he chose to do The Park before the album came out rather than waiting and getting a higher profile slot (although, with the pandemic and all, maybe he was right!). 

Agree on the support. I thought Wild Front were okay but I won't be looking out for them, Tawiah just never quite got the crowd. 

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I was there last night as well - phenomenonal show! 

We did mess up a bit and ended up stood behind the tallest couple in the world so bailed to the back where all the talkers hang out but was still a great night. 

I do find it a bit strange that he chose to do The Park before the album came out rather than waiting and getting a higher profile slot (although, with the pandemic and all, maybe he was right!). 

Agree on the support. I thought Wild Front were okay but I won't be looking out for them, Tawiah just never quite got the crowd. 

We missed Wild Front as we had wine to finish in the hotel. It was annoying that she chose those new songs as her voice was brilliant and her album is brilliant.

Got tickets for his 'home' show at Ally Pally day before Bearded Theory... So looking forward to it..

Saw him play a pub back room when he toured Home Again and have loved seeing him grow and develop since. Kiwanuka is an absolute classic of an album..