Michael Kiwanuka

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, oneeye said:

Not a sausage. Meant to be seeing him early April in Plymouth; I'd be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

Not a chance. I am supposed to see Lancashire Hotpots 2 days later on Easter Sat and thats cancelled. All seated at a local theatre with so few tickets sold they could socially distanced if needed!

48 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Not a chance. I am supposed to see Lancashire Hotpots 2 days later on Easter Sat and thats cancelled. All seated at a local theatre with so few tickets sold they could socially distanced if needed!

For an opposite example, I'm meant to be seeing Big Moon on the 1st of March in Glasgow, not only have I not heard about it being cancelled, but just checked and they are still selling tickets.

Though realistically I can't see how the gig will go ahead.

9 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

For an opposite example, I'm meant to be seeing Big Moon on the 1st of March in Glasgow, not only have I not heard about it being cancelled, but just checked and they are still selling tickets.

Though realistically I can't see how the gig will go ahead.

At this stage I am just hoping when these gigs do all go ahead that I manage to keep track of them all. I got my Michael Kiwanuka ticket on twickets so I check his website frequently because I am worried that I won't get a notification about the change of date. 

16 hours ago, gigpusher said:

At this stage I am just hoping when these gigs do all go ahead that I manage to keep track of them all. I got my Michael Kiwanuka ticket on twickets so I check his website frequently because I am worried that I won't get a notification about the change of date. 

I've only got 2 to keep track off but i still share that paranoia

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I have about 15 and some I bought some my husband bought so it's going to be a struggle!!

Ooft, that's a lot to keep track of. Do you use gmail and Android? As much as I hate how much google knows about my life, I do like that it will often put things in my calendar on my phone based on emails I've received.

1 minute ago, found home in 2009 said:

Ooft, that's a lot to keep track of. Do you use gmail and Android? As much as I hate how much google knows about my life, I do like that it will often put things in my calendar on my phone based on emails I've received.

Yes we have been attempting to put them in calendars as and when we have gotten notifications and inviting each other to them but I am still worried that we'll miss some. 

Nice GP!  I think (hope?!) I've got 9 on the go, plus I know full well I'm about to start buying more as gigs get optimistically announced for this year!!

My biggest worry is my Levellers ticket; for some reason they decided to send it out as hard copy ticket so I've got to try not to lose the damn thing!! 😂

What I've done with mine that might work for you is to add them into a calendar as @found home in 2009suggested, but also kept individual email sub-folders for each one under a master "GIGS" folder. Means I can go into my email and automatically see a folder list of all the gigs I've got coming so I don't forget them.

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nice GP!  I think (hope?!) I've got 9 on the go, plus I know full well I'm about to start buying more as gigs get optimistically announced for this year!!

My biggest worry is my Levellers ticket; for some reason they decided to send it out as hard copy ticket so I've got to try not to lose the damn thing!! 😂

What I've done with mine that might work for you is to add them into a calendar as @found home in 2009suggested, but also kept individual email sub-folders for each one under a master "GIGS" folder. Means I can go into my email and automatically see a folder list of all the gigs I've got coming so I don't forget them.

Yes we have them all and the ones that have been rescheduled are in a calendar. I'm sure I'll manage to keep up with them just hoping we don't end up with clashes. 

We have a ticket drawer and it is the only place we ever put tickets so I never have that worry. I did it because of fears of losing our Glastonbury tickets. It's where we put all vouchers we ever get as well so works well for me to know they will always be in there. 

On 1/14/2021 at 2:22 AM, gigpusher said:

No but fully expecting it to be rescheduled again. Feel a bit gutted for him. He's created one of the best albums of the last 10 years, gotten all of the plaudits etc but not had the chance to play it all while it was having his moment. I can't wait to hear it live. 

You're talking about the most recent? I'm embarrassed to say I don't think I've actually listened to it yet. I can't get past Home Again, which is just blissful music. A genuine tonic for the soul.

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

You're talking about the most recent? I'm embarrassed to say I don't think I've actually listened to it yet. I can't get past Home Again, which is just blissful music. A genuine tonic for the soul.

Honestly listen each album just gets better and better and combined with his work with Sault the guy is on fire at the moment. Genuinely gutted for him that his time to shine has come at this time!! 

Definitely worth moving on from Home Again. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

So I just got tickets this minute for Manchester Apollo, standing, not sure how! Now got Manchester and Leeds. See you in 8 weeks Michael!!!!

Very optimistic but it is not going to happen. I think we'll be lucky if I can go for a haircut in 8 weeks. 

36 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I bet they are all sick of rearranging. Probably best if they all just say once we get a date for live performances then we'll rearrange. 

Yeah what must be gutting for Kiwanuka is these dates were initially rearranged as he had a sore throat before Covid even arrived!

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I saw this and thought you were saying the new dates were announced I was excited!! 

Haha i wish. Google it everyday. He must be one of only tours that isn't rearranged now though and it's due very soon! Desperate for 2 weekend dates.

9 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Haha i wish. Google it everyday. He must be one of only tours that isn't rearranged now though and it's due very soon! Desperate for 2 weekend dates.

I'm meant to be going to see The Big Moon tomorrow and don't have the new date for that one yet although they do at least say postponed. 

I got my Michael Kiwanuka ticket on Twickets the day before it was cancelled. They paid extra to post it next day delivery.They could have attached it to a snails back and it still would have arrived on time!!

On 1/14/2021 at 10:09 AM, found home in 2009 said:

I've only got 2 to keep track off but i still share that paranoia

Same, Caribou and Idles. Mrs B also has a Rag 'n' Bone Man gig to keep track of. 

Caribou - May 11 (going to be rescheduled surely)
R n B Man July 3
Idles July 11

Even writing this list I'm paranoid I'm forgetting something 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Same, Caribou and Idles. Mrs B also has a Rag 'n' Bone Man gig to keep track of. 

Caribou - May 11 (going to be rescheduled surely)
R n B Man July 3
Idles July 11

Even writing this list I'm paranoid I'm forgetting something 

I actually had another I'd forgot about till someone else mentioned the gig on here. Meant to be seeing Foals in London. Kind of hoping it doesn't happen as I'm a student now and really don't have time to travel down for it this summer.