Michael Kiwanuka

Chrisp1986

14 hours ago, e2p2 said:

It was our favorite show from this year's festival. We are no fans and he and his band blew our mind.

I can only echo this! 

Sun going down behind the Park stage with him playing Love and Hate will be a memory for the ages.

Hope he is back this year. Headlining WH would be deserved.

I’d never heard of if him until after this Glastonbury, then I kept getting targeted adds on Instagram showing part of his Glastonbury set. I got it for a few artists, but they all said the same thing - something like ‘Glastonbury was great, now for my tour...’ or something along those lines.

Anyway, I remember having a little listen at the time and then forgot about him. This thread prompted me to listen to his new album and I’ve been listening to it all day.

The Glastonbury Park set this year was my favourite of the weekend. Outstanding. The new album is brilliant.  I would love to see him sub the Pyramid, he has got such a great back catalogue to play as the sun goes down. He has got the tunes and the charisma to absolutely smash it. Missed out on the Manchester tickets, there are none on resale sites either. He is getting a big reputation, and a much broader appreciation in ‘normal’ people. *

* ie people who Don’t post here

Just echoing what has been said, he was arguably my standout performance from Glasto this year gone, what late afternoons on the Park are made for. I would be worried he would be drowned out by the crowd on the Pyramid, I would find it harder to connect to some of the slow sprawling epics on that stage I think.

The new album is excellent, but I still personally think Love and Hate is better, it is a masterpiece :)  

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

That thread has got too intense. I only started it as I was pissed and wanted to go to a gig.

fair enough ... I think best to resign yourself to it not happening I would say ... and an extreme long shot of it taking place ... 

54 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

fair enough ... I think best to resign yourself to it not happening I would say ... and an extreme long shot of it taking place ... 

Makes me feel really bad for him

😞

Even though I have a ticket!

Edited by Sasperella

Weirdest thing with this is the shows in September are the small academy type shows from March that were postponed but he also has original dates in arenas set for November. If he has to delay all of them what does he do? Maybe cancel the small shows and delay arenas to late June next year to tide in with his early afternoon Pyramid slot?

I’m hoping to see him in Blackpool in November and when lockdown started I thought it would be my first indoor gig. Not so confident now☹️.

as I posted upthread his Glastonbury set was fantastic and if BBC show it over the coming 2020 weekend I would recommend highly!

1 hour ago, Harry49 said:

I’m hoping to see him in Blackpool in November and when lockdown started I thought it would be my first indoor gig. Not so confident now☹️.

as I posted upthread his Glastonbury set was fantastic and if BBC show it over the coming 2020 weekend I would recommend highly!

oooh I really hope they play it! Two of my friends are massive fans. They missed out on glasto tickets in 2019 and we have tickets for glasgow but obviously now that isn't happening. We're planning on watching some sets in the garden (optimistic for glasgow weather maybe) but it would be great if he made it on the lineup!

@Chrisp1986 - was he on this years lineup? God, i can't even remember what was on there

• 1 month later...

tour now postponed again predictably, however I am so pleased!

Leeds was on the day if my daughters first day at school so no way I could go but now moved to Easter Monday, ecstatic!

Even though poster states many are sold out, they are still available on See. I just got 2 standing for Leeds.

Yep, got to say I missed this, watching it now on iplayer, amazing set and setting, this fellas going places,  I'm loving this. Let's hope he's there next year in what already looks to me like a clash fest nightmare

16 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

tour now postponed again predictably, however I am so pleased!

Leeds was on the day if my daughters first day at school so no way I could go but now moved to Easter Monday, ecstatic!

Even though poster states many are sold out, they are still available on See. I just got 2 standing for Leeds.

Thanks for letting us know. I bought my ticket via Twickets so don't get the update

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Thanks for letting us know. I bought my ticket via Twickets so don't get the update

No worries. I thought he may just cancel the smaller gigs and then reschedule the larger venues he was doing later in year. Looks.like its now all merged into one tour.

6 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

No worries. I thought he may just cancel the smaller gigs and then reschedule the larger venues he was doing later in year. Looks.like its now all merged into one tour.

Is that a Glastonbury shaped hole in his tour as well :D 

• 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Has anyone heard any whispers as to the March/April tour being rescheduled?

Not a sausage. Meant to be seeing him early April in Plymouth; I'd be pleasantly surprised if it happens.