Michael Kiwanuka

Chrisp1986

I know he has been mentioned in other threads now and then but couldn't find a thread purely for him. Just listened to the new album today and WOW, never given him much time before but this is actually amazing! What do we think the chances are? Really hope he isn't headlining a smaller stage as would love to see him mid afternoon, where has he played previously? Kind of hoping for a mid afternoon Other slot if he were to play.

Whaddup.

Yeah, amazing album. It's definitely up there for me, maybe not full of toe tappers but the sound is just...yeah.

He played Park this year I think, but I know a few on here reckon it wouldn't be a shock to see him back with the album getting the reviews it's had.

Good luck finding tix Swedge!

I am same, but just Leeds and Manchester and not a sniff. He subbed Park last year but this album is being called one of the greatest this decade and I can see why. He seems the type of guy that would play for a small fee though and he will know the exposure this album will get on BBC if he played a decent spot.

I've seen him on The Park (mid afternoon IIRC) 2013, Crow's Nest 2014 also played Avalon same year but he fell foul of a clash (can't recall who) Gutted that I have stupidly missed out tickets for him at Newcastle Academy (sold out) through hesitating (and not particularly liking that venue).

9311249034_9cfafbeb18_b.jpg

The Park 2013

Special memories of seeing him playing Wylam Brewery Newcastle in 2016, great venue.

Edited by Rumblestripe
Added image

Correction Crows Nest set was 2016, when he also played West Holts.

Turns out you can't keep the bugger away from the place!

I reckon he'll be on Pyramid if he plays this year, his new album is superb as was the one before (but then as you can perhaps tell I'm something of a devotee)

42 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

I've seen him on The Park (mid afternoon IIRC) 2013, Crow's Nest 2014 also played Avalon same year but he fell foul of a clash (can't recall who) Gutted that I have stupidly missed out tickets for him at Newcastle Academy (sold out) through hesitating (and not particularly liking that venue).

9311249034_9cfafbeb18_b.jpg

The Park 2013

Special memories of seeing him playing Wylam Brewery Newcastle in 2016, great venue.

I picked up 4 last week for the Academy. Assuming that there’s been some new album bounce... 

Listened to his Adam Buxton podcast last week, really interesting fella. 

Not been to Wylam for a gig yet, got Quantic there soon to remedy that though.

i think he is a Park Headliner next time up..

I stood next to him in The Portland Arms in Cambridge a few years ago and he watched nearly all of the set of his support act, a local early teenage guitar band.. what a bloke.

He is an amazing artist. You just get a sense that he is going to write an all time classic tune, delivered with such feeling..

11 hours ago, Badlands said:

I picked up 4 last week for the Academy. Assuming that there’s been some new album bounce... 

Listened to his Adam Buxton podcast last week, really interesting fella. 

Not been to Wylam for a gig yet, got Quantic there soon to remedy that though.

You're going to love the Wylam, lovely quite intimate venue, great beer reasonably priced, good sound, compare and contrast with the Academy on all those points...

As for his "classic tune", well "Hero" off the new album is awesome but I like this extended version of "Cold Little Heart"

It's odd to read some of the comments under the video with people hearing so many different things in the music (Pink Floyd crop up more than once!)