The Other and "Kind of Pyramid Level" Headliners

Hugh Jass

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I imagine they'd have someone a little younger opposite Macca... maybe there is something in those Dua Lipa rumours?

Failing that sticking Prodigy there seems to make sense.

I would wanna see Macca and Dua. If it is Kenny, Macca and Swift it would be nice to see Dua sub Kenny. Cannot wait to see who these pyramid size headliners are on the other as much as the actual pyramid headliners.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I hope its not the prodigy vs swift or macca.  Tbh, it makes sense vs Swift. There wont be much of a crossover, but I'd be gutted.

Dua Lipa opposite Macca makes sense to me

Makes sense but I dont want it to happen, would have to be Macca, could see Dua at the next arena tour, never Macca at the Pyramid.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

13 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I hope its not the prodigy vs swift or macca.  Tbh, it makes sense vs Swift. There wont be much of a crossover, but I'd be gutted.

Dua Lipa opposite Macca makes sense to me

Dunno. Scousers went absolutely crazy for One Kiss. They make up a substantial part of the festival. 

23 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Kraftwerk touring outdoor venues this summer and rumoured for APE. If ever they play the G can’t think where else they’d go really, probably too big for WH. Would be happy with this on the Sunday night.

I think Kraftwerk could comfortably do WH. They’re a decent draw but the likes of Macca and Swift will draw a huge number away.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:00 AM, Matt42 said:

Just like Stormzy appealed to people over 25?

There was broad awareness of him outside of his core demographic. He had had genuine hit singles and had been widely discussed/featured in the mainstream, e.g I remember a long piece about his publishing house on Radio 4. Also extensive newspaper coverage.... 

1 hour ago, Peter North said:

I predict Grime on the Other at the same time as McCartney, or some popular Radio 1 EDM-type thing.

Disclosure, Deadmau5 maybe, he's supposed to have something new out soon and is touring.

Prydz's hologram show could be decent, but not sure it'd work on an open air stage? Probably too expensive as well.

Having read how much Lars loves the festival in Glastonbury 50, I wonder whether Metallica could be in this category of Pyramid level headliners that headline Other (Subject to James’ recovery). They already have one festival booked in next year and I think they were originally scheduled to play the Other in 2014 before being bumped up to Pyramid? Would seem too big a booking in any other year but potentially aligned with the narrative going around and there clearly is a friendship element between them and the festival ?

Edit: Just saw this has been covered by a user above. Apologies!

Edited by Mark H