The Other and "Kind of Pyramid Level" Headliners

Hugh Jass

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think they fit Emily's clue as well re: title of this thread as well. I reckon her comment refers to either an act that has previously headlined (Stereophonics, Noel [as Oasis mind]) or an act that has recently headlined another festival (Foals, 21p). Leaning heavily towards them being up against Macca now. I'd go Noel against Kendrick, 21 against Macca and Foals against Taylor.

Yeah the Dublin date sounds like a warm up to me.

Cool line up - couldn't complain at all ?

You think the 1975 are completely out?  Seems strange with another Album coming out for them not to be there at all.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

??? I think I deserve it after the lashings I got for critiquing whether they were in the frame despite everything that was said.

You seem to have a lot invested in this? I mean does it really matter? I don’t think that anyone thought that Foals would be a first choice headliner, but more unlikely acts have been panic buys in the past. Being booked where they are at TRANSMT only really tells you how that promoter thinks they will play in that market at that time. 

Edited by sadimmock
More shite added

10 hours ago, circus92 said:

Yeah the Dublin date sounds like a warm up to me.

Cool line up - couldn't complain at all ?

You think the 1975 are completely out?  Seems strange with another Album coming out for them not to be there at all.

I just think 1975 will headline the whole thing when they next play. Might be wrong though! If they are on the Other then we're looking at a bloody huge lineup.

Agree with various comments that an all rock trio for the Other is unconventional. Just have a hunch they might go that route to balance out the Pyramid headliners. Could always be Foals and/or Noel subbing though. 

49 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Twenty One Pilots should draw in a few unsuspecting Dark Fruits lads with the bucket hat and mac.

Really not my thing. Gimmicks thrown around on stage to try and distract the crowd from the fact the songs are naff.

I sound old. Let me be intolerant about at least one band.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I just think 1975 will headline the whole thing when they next play. Might be wrong though! If they are on the Other then we're looking at a bloody huge lineup.

Agree with various comments that an all rock trio for the Other is unconventional. Just have a hunch they might go that route to balance out the Pyramid headliners. Could always be Foals and/or Noel subbing though. 

Yeah with two of the Pyramid headliners being pretty far removed from the usual guitar bands I can see the Other headliners being a way to make up for it, but I expect there’ll still be one more electronic headliner - it’s just hard to think who this year as most of the ones that are still big enough to do so have played quite recently.

There's an assumption with putting three indie/rock headliners on the Other that seems to go; there's indie rock and then there's everything else, and because you have three from the 'everything else' pile on the Pyramid then to balance that out you need some indie rock x 3 on the Other.

I can't see it myself.  Not unless they move the festival to Glasgow or Warrington.