The Other and "Kind of Pyramid Level" Headliners

Hugh Jass

7 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

I also think PSB would draw a similar crowd to Macca (AKA not the yooooof), so it wouldn't draw the crowd away from Pyramid.

Similar crowd some of which will be pulled away from the pyramid? PSB will get a decent crowd regardless, Definitely a balance of having different acts to pull some away as well offering alternatives to avoid people tempting people with no alternative

3 hours ago, august1 said:

Saturday night

Pyramid - Macca

Other - The 1975

West Holts - Pet Shop Boys

JP - Ian Brown

Park - Michael Kiwanuka

Friday Night

Pyramid - Kendrick Lamar

Other -  Faithless

West Holts - Thom Yorke

John Peel - Stereophonics

Park - Haim

Sunday Night

Pyramid - Taylor Swift

Other - Rage Against The Machine 

West Holts - Anderson .Paak

John Peel - Dave & AJ Tracey

Park - Four Tet (Live) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Call yourself a Liverpool fan? Pfffft. You're about to make the most mocked musical decision of your life! People will point and stare at you in ten years time! ?

There will be those - hopefully some years from now, that when the world mourns the death of Sir Paul McCartney, the greatest songwriter of the rock era, will think “wish I’d seen him now. The 1975 were good, but they’ve played Glasto 4 times since then too”

6 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Sunday Night

Pyramid - Taylor Swift

Park - Four Tet (Live) 

RatM during Swift on the other would be perfect! Reminds me of Queens of the Stone Age during Beyoncé.

6 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Friday Night

Pyramid - Kendrick Lamar

Other -  Faithless

West Holts - Thom Yorke

Park - Haim

Sunday Night

Pyramid - Taylor Swift

Park - Four Tet (Live) 

Yes please!

Macca, Phonics, Taylor, would be an excellent trio for me! Phonics on JP would make mine and my brothers year. We were massive fans in their prime and that stage would be perfection.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

There will be those - hopefully some years from now, that when the world mourns the death of Sir Paul McCartney, the greatest songwriter of the rock era, will think “wish I’d seen him now. The 1975 were good, but they’ve played Glasto 4 times since then too”

I know! It should be automatic ticket strippage! 

P.s. only kidding...horses for courses and all that...but MCCARTNEY!!!

7 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Friday Night

Pyramid - Kendrick Lamar

Other -  Faithless

West Holts - Thom Yorke

Park - Haim

Sunday Night

Pyramid - Taylor Swift

Park - Four Tet (Live) 

Where the hell are you getting Faithless from? And no way Stereophonics would play JP I don't think. 

RATM vs Four Tet on the Sunday would be horrific though. 

53 minutes ago, Robinn said:

RatM during Swift on the other would be perfect! Reminds me of Queens of the Stone Age during Beyoncé.

Definitely. It won't be RATM but I would think it would be a heavier act against Taylor. That or someone like Nick Cave, The National etc. (I mean

McCartney feels like it will need something modern against him. Either a big grime star or a big pop act like Dua Lipa would do the trick.

7 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Other -  Faithless

Unfortunately, that one's not gonna happen mate.  Maxi Jazz has declared himself out of the game - he says he's just not that guy anymore.

The best you'll get is Sister Bliss DJ set again and that's not a Other headline act!

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Where the hell are you getting Faithless from? And no way Stereophonics would play JP I don't think. 

RATM vs Four Tet on the Sunday would be horrific though. 

Stereophonics would be ideal for John Peel headliner these days. They are still relevant but not doing anything majestic to suggest they could still top either the Other or Pyramid, they’re playing academy venues at the minute so I think John Peel fits them pretty perfectly. Faithless was the curveball of it all. 

2 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Stereophonics would be ideal for John Peel headliner these days. They are still relevant but not doing anything majestic to suggest they could still top either the Other or Pyramid, they’re playing academy venues at the minute so I think John Peel fits them pretty perfectly. Faithless was the curveball of it all. 

Actually no. They're playing Arenas (and quite a few of them, at that), with a couple warm up shows in Academies. More importantly they're still headlining every other festival they're at including some with a much larger capacity than the Other Stage.

There's no realistic scenario in which they play any lower than Other Headliner or 3rd from top on the Pyramid.