The Other and "Kind of Pyramid Level" Headliners

Hugh Jass

5 hours ago, sisco said:

Seem like a confident set of lads. Only other option is Pyramid sub. 

due to the aforementioned clue about headliners never having played, I think they'll just give Glastonbury a miss next year, and then headline in 2021. They'll have had another no.1 album by then too, as they've another one out early next year.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

due to the aforementioned clue about headliners never having played, I think they'll just give Glastonbury a miss next year, and then headline in 2021. They'll have had another no.1 album by then too, as they've another one out early next year.

Tis certainly more likely 

6 hours ago, sisco said:

My first thought was the 1975 too. Gets rid of the yoooof to the other stage

I would be very happy with that - Macca is very safe, boring booking and I would be with the "yoooof" on the other stage in a heartbeat if The 1975 were playing (even though i'm 46 ?)

The 1975 and Foals seems most likely. Two people who could headline a different year but would seem a little disappointing for the 50th.

Wouldn't mind seeing The 1975 again, think there show would work really well on the other stage, especially because it will be dark and they have a good light show.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, circus92 said:

That would def be a decent line up - just not in that order - need someone for Saturday instead of Macca, and Foals would not be it for me.

1975 against Taylor - nightmare clash!

1975, Foals wouldn't be good enough for me personally. 

Pet Shop Boys would be good but not sure they could distribute the crowds. They must have a heavy weight Other headliner lined up against Macca

7 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

1975, Foals wouldn't be good enough for me personally. 

Pet Shop Boys would be good but not sure they could distribute the crowds. They must have a heavy weight Other headliner lined up against Macca

Are you saying The 1975 are not “heavyweight” enough, or just that you don’t like them?

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

There is no act I would miss Taylor for - I am so Ready for It

I feel like this about Macca, it's obviously a personal thing but I'm so glad I don't even have to worry about Saturday evening clashes, this is the furthest ahead I've had stuff planned my whole life.

Unless it's Ringo on the Other stage, then my whole   B e a t l e   reasoning meets the window.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I feel like this about Macca, it's obviously a personal thing but I'm so glad I don't even have to worry about Saturday evening clashes, this is the furthest ahead I've had stuff planned my whole life.

Unless it's Ringo on the Other stage, then my whole   B e a t l e   reasoning meets the window.

Obviously its a personal opinion and i share the same feeling. 

My first Glastonbury was 2013 and the Stones were incredible, 2020 will be my last and i can't help thinking it would be nice to see a Beatle to bring my Glastonbury experience full cycle. 

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

You are the lucky one - sounds like your dream headliner is confirmed and your Saturday sorted already ?.

Just need Taylor confirmed now

2 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Obviously its a personal opinion and i share the same feeling. 

My first Glastonbury was 2013 and the Stones were incredible, 2020 will be my last and i can't help thinking it would be nice to see a Beatle to bring my Glastonbury experience full cycle. 

Aye that's pretty well rounded. I hope its not your last because of that though! 

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

You are the lucky one - sounds like your dream headliner is confirmed and your Saturday sorted already ?.

Just need Taylor confirmed now

Fingers crossed for ya buddy. I liked this year's line up bit never felt there was anywhere I had to be, nice to have something a little concrete this year (as concrete as it can be at Glastonbury)

18 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

To be up against Paul McCartney? In my opinion, no. 

But then again i just suggested Pet Shop Boys so anyone is game :) 

Absolutely love the Pet Shop Boys - listened to them constantly when I was a teen and would love to see them at Glasto, but they would not be big enough against Macca.  The 1975 on the other hand would most definitely be big enough - they really should be Pyramid headliners never mind the Other, but it just doesn’t seem to be the right year for them.