The Other and "Kind of Pyramid Level" Headliners

Hugh Jass

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m probably alone in thinking this but I reckon Emily has asked her back this year. The tour gap which Glastonbury falls in the middle of is narrowing.

I personally think she’s big enough to headline the pyramid now. An other headline slot might be safe as she can bring her full stage production along. I also think as well it might be a safe move as in the future she might be priced out of Glasto.

When I saw that Emily’s favourite photo of 2019 was a photo from Billie’s performance I got a hunch that something is up.

I'd bloody love this to be true.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

To put it into perspective Billie has sold 137,800 tickets in the UK alone already.

You could add up how many tickets Gerry Cinnamon has sold out across the UK and it'd be more than this, he won't be headlining anything. 

I think she could headline the other and pull a pretty big crowd, she couldn't headline the pyramid. She'll be ridiculously popular with people aged about 14-25. Not exactly the main Glastonbury demographic

Just now, GrumpyRaver said:

I'd bloody love this to be true.

I’m doing some digging and I think Billie might be a shout for Lollapalooza Stockholm. She is playing Lollapalooza Paris and there is currently no Swedish date on her tour. This would mean she is around on Glastonbury weekend.

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

You could add up how many tickets Gerry Cinnamon has sold out across the UK and it'd be more than this, he won't be headlining anything. 

No this logic doesn’t work. She sold this amount of tickets in a matter of days. Not over Gerry Cinnamon’s entire career.

• Downvote 3

55 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I think you’ve got them all then. Also potentially Tool but doesn’t look like there doing festivals and then your onto big hitters like AM who might accept other stage for the 50th clashing with massive headliners. Very unlikely. At the moment I’m thinking 1975/Dua Lipa/Biffy Clyro clashing with Kendrick/Macca/Swift

As successful as Tool's recent reemergence has been, I don't think they could ever be palatable to the mainstream crowd of the Pyramid.  They would be a decent booking to headline Other, but Pyramid contender? They're not that kind of band.

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I think she could headline the other and pull a pretty big crowd, she couldn't headline the pyramid. She'll be ridiculously popular with people aged about 14-25. Not exactly the main Glastonbury demographic

Just like Stormzy appealed to people over 25?

Billie on Other opposite an oldie like Macca would work a treat. It wouldn’t be the most creative booking but she clearly has the pull to bring in the crowd and will soon enough be too big/expensive to play Glastonbury at all. If she was down to do it then it’d make perfect sense to book her again whilst they still can.

9 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Much, much more than Billie I'd say, yeah. Stormzy seems to be more young adults, Billie teenagers. Obviously not a strict rule, just appears to largely be the case.

I disagree. I really don’t like this argument that all of Billie’s fans are teenagers. She has 41 million monthly Spotify listeners across the world. They can’t all be teenagers. It’s illogical and based on nothing. But hey I’m not really thinking she’s headlining this year. I think with Emily being a massive fan she might want her back, but if Billie is headlining festivals across the globe I can’t see her accepting something lower than headline unless she was really sweet talked into accepting it. As it stands it would be the only UK festival date she’s doing next year.

If she doesn’t come back then I reckon 2021/2022 will be the year she headlines. She’s already releasing new material so I imagine the Eilish train will continue going.

Edited by Matt42

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No this logic doesn’t work. She sold this amount of tickets in a matter of days. Not over Gerry Cinnamon’s entire career.

This is not across his entire career. It's one tour that sold out quickly, the logic is the same. 

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just like Stormzy appealed to people over 25?

Go and watch and footage of a Billie Eilish gig, you can barely hear her for the screams of you fans. If you can't see she has a significant mass appeal to a certain type of person then you're on to plums and kidding yourself on 

72486795_3495729357111408_6346010047528566784_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

How are we even discussing Billie headlining the Pyramid?!? That concept is absolutely ridiculous for Glastonbury 2020. 

She probably will in the future, maybe even in 2021 after another album, but it's just not happening for the 50th. 

Other Headlliner or Sub on pyramid potentially, but let's not get carried away. 

P.s Foals and/or The 1975 are a shoo-in for Other. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

How are we even discussing Billie headlining the Pyramid?!? That concept is absolutely ridiculous for Glastonbury 2020. 

She probably will in the future, maybe even in 2021 after another album, but it's just not happening for the 50th. 

Other Headlliner or Sub on pyramid potentially, but let's not get carried away. 

P.s Foals and/or The 1975 are a shoo-in for Other. 

Have you looked at what this thread is called?