The Other and "Kind of Pyramid Level" Headliners

Hugh Jass

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd be super surprised if The 1975 did the Other, and question their logic in doing so quite frankly! They're nailed on for a Pyramid headline slot in the next couple of years, assuming they're not actually booked for it for next year, and headlining the Other in 2020 might end up kicking that can further down the road for them. If they're not headlining outright in 2020, just wait until 2021 surely.

Maybe they really really really want to play the 50th. Sounds like something Matthew would “omg totally die like for realZ” over.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Could Billie Eilish headine this? Just thinking of Emily's comments about 50/50 gender split. She's certainly big enough, possibly too big

Is she that much bigger than she was for her slot on Other this year?

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Could Billie Eilish headine this? Just thinking of Emily's comments about 50/50 gender split. She's certainly big enough, possibly too big

I’m probably alone in thinking this but I reckon Emily has asked her back this year. The tour gap which Glastonbury falls in the middle of is narrowing.

I personally think she’s big enough to headline the pyramid now. An other headline slot might be safe as she can bring her full stage production along. I also think as well it might be a safe move as in the future she might be priced out of Glasto.

When I saw that Emily’s favourite photo of 2019 was a photo from Billie’s performance I got a hunch that something is up.

Are Dua/Prodigy/Noel etc. really at that level? Other headliner would be about the right for them on a normal year surely, definitely wouldnt be calling any of them pyramid headliners (if Duas new album is a smash she has to be a safe bet to headline on album 3 imo, but rn seems a little early tbh)

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Since she's headlining everywhere now, yep.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She just sold out 4 nights at the O2 in a matter of minutes.

Fair enough.  I don't follow her so was just wondering out loud really.

The Other field was by no means rammed for her this year, plenty of room to wander between the rows of flags and sit and eat dinner on the ground!  But I can't remember who she was up against either.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

The Other field was by no means rammed for her this year, plenty of room to wander between the rows of flags and sit and eat dinner on the ground!  But I can't remember who she was up against either.

She was starting just as Miley was finishing.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I have somehow managed to convince myself that Stereophonics are now headlining the Other.

One way to look at Emily's quote could be acts who have previously headlined the Pyramid, not necessarily acts big enough to headline the again now, so that could work. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Kylie Minogue and Miley Cyrus

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Of course a lot of this is based around what they have booked for the Pyramid. Wouldn't surprise me for example to see Eilish third down or even subbing the pointy one.

If they have Kendrick and Swift then I'd expect more traditional bands opposite them.

I don’t think she would accept a sub slot or a third down slot. She seems to be headlining every festival she is playing at this year. She’s headlining Mad Cool which has had huge headliners in the past few years.

Any artist who can sell out 4 nights at the O2 in a matter of minutes is a UK headliner. One album or not. 

I think she’s either pyramid headliner or other headliner. Only reason I’m sympathising with other headliner is it would allow her to bring her own stage show / light show that she has for the festival tour.

Mad Cool isn’t on her dates yet but I’m keeping an eye on this gap. It seems very suspicious. 

E26F84BC-55E5-4672-90BF-BBC2B00A8ED2.png