The best new release from Rod Stewart since the 70s...?

maelzoid

Oh, I actually had thought that he'd come out with a new track. I already know that my music credentials on here are less than what is generally considered desirable. Fortunately I have no shame, so don't mind admitting that the last couple of tracks that I heard of his, I really liked. I once was offered the opportunity to see him play live at Warwick Castle, but turned it down. I regret that decision now.

I made a model railway about 10 years ago. Narrow gauge O-16.5. My Dad finished it off and exhibited it a few times. In his prime he owned 6 touring layouts and I often helped him set up and run them. I basically grew up helping him run his trains sets.  He has published books on the subject and about one million magazine articles.

When I’m bored I design layouts I’d like to build. I’m currently thinking of a moonscape 009 narrow  gauge. Another project I fully expect to ignore.

For my Dads 70th I took him to Hamburg to visit Miniature Wonderland which is the largest (and best) model railway in the world. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

I made a model railway about 10 years ago. Narrow gauge O-16.5. My Dad finished it off and exhibited it a few times. In his prime he owned 6 touring layouts and I often helped him set up and run them. I basically grew up helping him run his trains sets.  He has published books on the subject and about one million magazine articles.

When I’m bored I design layouts I’d like to build. I’m currently thinking of a moonscape 009 narrow  gauge. Another project I fully expect to ignore.

For my Dads 70th I took him to Hamburg to visit Miniature Wonderland which is the largest (and best) model railway in the world. 

I went to the one in Hamburg (to alleviate the temptation of drinking). It’s ace!! That airport is summit else.

Ive nothing else to add other than I initially thought this thread was about the Rod / Robbie track that stinks up radio 2 when I’m listening at work and was ready to challenge the OP to a duel.

10 hours ago, Badlands said:

I went to the one in Hamburg (to alleviate the temptation of drinking). It’s ace!! That airport is summit else.

Ive nothing else to add other than I initially thought this thread was about the Rod / Robbie track that stinks up radio 2 when I’m listening at work and was ready to challenge the OP to a duel.

I went the year they built the airport (2010?) and saw it 90% complete but not running that day. It is so realistic that when I’m now at a real airport I think how realistic they look compared with the model. 

On 11/14/2019 at 7:25 PM, ian the worm said:

upvote for treating your Dad... I would imagine he was thrilled..!

my wifes uncle was into building his own layouts and i went to a couple of big shows with him... its quite the thing.