Jump to content
maelzoid

The best new release from Rod Stewart since the 70s...?

Recommended Posts

Oh, I actually had thought that he'd come out with a new track. I already know that my music credentials on here are less than what is generally considered desirable. Fortunately I have no shame, so don't mind admitting that the last couple of tracks that I heard of his, I really liked. I once was offered the opportunity to see him play live at Warwick Castle, but turned it down. I regret that decision now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It's Bank Holiday weekend, watcha doing and who's witcha?!" 

"I'd like to build a model railway with Rod Stewart in his attic." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Good to see he never went off the rails like the other Faces. Stayed on the right side of the tracks.

I'm not sure that I can be siding with you on that perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not sure that I can be siding with you on that perspective.

I guess he liked to let off some steam now and again ... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a model railway about 10 years ago. Narrow gauge O-16.5. My Dad finished it off and exhibited it a few times. In his prime he owned 6 touring layouts and I often helped him set up and run them. I basically grew up helping him run his trains sets.  He has published books on the subject and about one million magazine articles.

When I’m bored I design layouts I’d like to build. I’m currently thinking of a moonscape 009 narrow  gauge. Another project I fully expect to ignore.


For my Dads 70th I took him to Hamburg to visit Miniature Wonderland which is the largest (and best) model railway in the world. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

I made a model railway about 10 years ago. Narrow gauge O-16.5. My Dad finished it off and exhibited it a few times. In his prime he owned 6 touring layouts and I often helped him set up and run them. I basically grew up helping him run his trains sets.  He has published books on the subject and about one million magazine articles.

When I’m bored I design layouts I’d like to build. I’m currently thinking of a moonscape 009 narrow  gauge. Another project I fully expect to ignore.


For my Dads 70th I took him to Hamburg to visit Miniature Wonderland which is the largest (and best) model railway in the world. 

I went to the one in Hamburg (to alleviate the temptation of drinking). It’s ace!! That airport is summit else.

Ive nothing else to add other than I initially thought this thread was about the Rod / Robbie track that stinks up radio 2 when I’m listening at work and was ready to challenge the OP to a duel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Badlands said:

I went to the one in Hamburg (to alleviate the temptation of drinking). It’s ace!! That airport is summit else.

Ive nothing else to add other than I initially thought this thread was about the Rod / Robbie track that stinks up radio 2 when I’m listening at work and was ready to challenge the OP to a duel.

I went the year they built the airport (2010?) and saw it 90% complete but not running that day. It is so realistic that when I’m now at a real airport I think how realistic they look compared with the model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 7:25 PM, ian the worm said:

I made a model railway about 10 years ago. Narrow gauge O-16.5. My Dad finished it off and exhibited it a few times. In his prime he owned 6 touring layouts and I often helped him set up and run them. I basically grew up helping him run his trains sets.  He has published books on the subject and about one million magazine articles.

When I’m bored I design layouts I’d like to build. I’m currently thinking of a moonscape 009 narrow  gauge. Another project I fully expect to ignore.


For my Dads 70th I took him to Hamburg to visit Miniature Wonderland which is the largest (and best) model railway in the world. 

upvote for treating your Dad... I would imagine he was thrilled..!

my wifes uncle was into building his own layouts and i went to a couple of big shows with him... its quite the thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...