Co-Op / alcohol

Montag

On 11/13/2019 at 6:59 AM, Montag said:

Hi,

I haven’t been to the festival for a few years. I read that last year in the lead up that there was a co-op store set up.

Did this sell alcohol at all?

Was just thinking if it did, I wouldn’t take any to save carrying it.

Thanks

It doesn't but I found the bar prices quite reasonable at a fiver a pint. Top yourself up with spirits and a mixer in a plastic bottle and you are onto a winner. 

• 11 months later...
On 11/10/2020 at 7:35 PM, crazyfool1 said:

didnt they get a few years deal after giving Pilton its village shop ... im pretty sure they won't do just one year ... 

This was the original announcement by Co-Op:

https://www.co-operative.coop/media/news-releases/co-op-and-glastonbury-announce-exclusive-partnership

I can see it being back next year.

• 5 months later...

If you're into spirits then last year (2019) I discovered vodka mixed with water and squash was actually nice and very refreshing when the water was straight out a tap. 

I just took a few of those wee squishy things that you squeeze the flavour into the water bottle and a couple of litres of vodka. Was so much easier than trying to take a load of cans! I did plan on buying a fair bit of my booze while there though so that also helped with no taking much.