Daily gate checks

Mash2

We are new to the festival and will be staying off site (Ziggucamp).  I'm assuming that means entering/exiting through the gates each day at least once.  What are the lines like getting through the gates each day? Are certain hours really bad (we will be coming in Gate A or D)?  Also, how does the security checks work.....the same search procedures every day and/or do the same rules apply each day to things like bringing in alcohol?

• Like 1

Yes you will have to go through the gates each time. On your first exit you will get a pass out ticket which you need to show in addition to your normal ticket when you re-enter.  Same procedure then for each exit and re-entry.  You will be subject to any security checks each time, but there are no restrictions on bringing in booze for personal consumption.  Be aware that its quite a long walk to/from gate A to anywhere in the festival, John Peel tent probably being your closest at around 10 mins walk. 

I've never stayed off site but i can't imagine you would want to waste time going in and out several times a day, so take what you need for the day and night, and leave stuff in the lockups until you need it. 

16 hours ago, Mash2 said:

We are new to the festival and will be staying off site (Ziggucamp).  I'm assuming that means entering/exiting through the gates each day at least once.  What are the lines like getting through the gates each day? Are certain hours really bad (we will be coming in Gate A or D)?  Also, how does the security checks work.....the same search procedures every day and/or do the same rules apply each day to things like bringing in alcohol?

We stay off site and the gates are fine ....

think last year only the Sunday did we wait more than 5 minutes and i think that was only 15.

We do as @bexj says above though, we go in in the morning and we don't go back until we drop. We normally drop a large rucksack in a lockup with crap weather clothes just in case (you wont need them though) ?

As bexj says, but don't lose those pass outs as they're vital to be allowed back in, along with your ticket, otherwise it's a long visit to security to get back in. Drop your booze off on a locker and you're sorted for the week.

When you are in and out daily care of your ticket is crucial... lose that and you will have to get interrogated at one of the security cabins (as happened to one of our group)... no lights in the eyes but plenty of questioning about your group, who is the lead booker etc.. and lots about knowledge of the area where you are registered, local landmarks, golf courses etc... probably a 40 minute excursion....

to combat, I now take photos of everyone’s ticket and send to the group as a form of identification..

If you’ve lost your phone, your on your own...!

15 hours ago, carlosj said:

As bexj says, but don't lose those pass outs as they're vital to be allowed back in, along with your ticket, otherwise it's a long visit to security to get back in. Drop your booze off on a locker and you're sorted for the week.

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

When you are in and out daily care of your ticket is crucial... lose that and you will have to get interrogated at one of the security cabins (as happened to one of our group)... no lights in the eyes but plenty of questioning about your group, who is the lead booker etc.. and lots about knowledge of the area where you are registered, local landmarks, golf courses etc... probably a 40 minute excursion....

to combat, I now take photos of everyone’s ticket and send to the group as a form of identification..

If you’ve lost your phone, your on your own...!

We were told last year by our supervisor that it would be the last year of the pass-out ticket system.

The plan is that this year onwards everyone will have a EPO wristband with a code that's scanned in and out.  It will show how many times you've been in and out and at what times, like crew bands this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stuie said:

We were told last year by our supervisor that it would be the last year of the pass-out ticket system.

The plan is that this year onwards everyone will have a EPO wristband with a code that's scanned in and out.  It will show how many times you've been in and out and at what times, like crew bands this year.

Much better I would say ... and far quicker at the gates I would guess ?

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Interesting, and good news, I think.

Those in and out times will make for some interesting data!

Stayed offsite this year in the Oxfam field, no queuing at all really.

Had to go through the gate probably about 10 times in all, only had my bag checked once (on the Saturday i think) but it was the most thorough check I've ever had anywhere, every nook and cranny of my rucksack and wallet explored.

Didn't check my pockets though ?

In the years where I've been camped outside of the main site, I've been searched going in more often than not. The searches ranged from a perfunctory pat down and glance in my bag to a more thorough investigation, so just be prepared for that happening.

As long as you're not bringing in glass or flares you shouldn't have a problem!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mazola said:

Stayed offsite this year in the Oxfam field, no queuing at all really.

Had to go through the gate probably about 10 times in all, only had my bag checked once (on the Saturday i think) but it was the most thorough check I've ever had anywhere, every nook and cranny of my rucksack and wallet explored.

Didn't check my pockets though ?

Did you have your lanyard on and on display? 
They tend to search you less then!  ;-)

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Did you have your lanyard on and on display? 
They tend to search you less then!  ?

Can't remember if i did or didn't, we'd been through the gate (B) about 7 or 8 times by then without being checked, so wasn't really thinking about it.

The mad thing is, every time before that I'd hidden my supplies zipped up in the jacket pocket of my pac-a-mac in my day bag. Because we hadn't been searched I got over confident about it and just left everything in the pocket of the shorts I was wearing, but it was a good job I did as it would have been found if i tried to hide it!

On 11/13/2019 at 10:55 AM, stuie said:

this is remarkable news...

Pretty soon they are going to be be sending you a download of your complete weekend movements on the following Tuesday....

"shit, thats where i was on Friday..."

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:15 PM, BlueDaze said:

this is remarkable news...

Pretty soon they are going to be be sending you a download of your complete weekend movements on the following Tuesday....

"shit, thats where i was on Friday..."

I was using my stepcounter on my phone to figure out what time I went to bed!

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Also, not been searched on the same daily route in 10 festivals

(old, square looking bloke...?).

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

that's probably a big part of it.

My 20-ish year old son stayed got stopped most times going in and at least once going out when he stayed in the cv fields one year.

Whoooop.!

Go old square looking types..!

Flippin' youngsters get what they deserve ?

7 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Friend of mine got stopped going out and had all his supplies taken off him. Wasn't with him at the time so couldn't say how spangled he was.

Security guard had a good night at your mates expense then.