Download 2021

Bandit Tom

MS: QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, Royal Blood, Enter Shikari, Idles, Zippo: Sabaton, Code Orange Avalanche: Refused, Knocked Loose Dogtooth: Deafheaven, Igorrr

MS: KISS, Parkway Drive, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, The Pretty Reckless, Zippo: Bullet For My Valentine, Ministry Avalanche: Slaves, Dinosaur Pile-Up Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut, Youth Code 

MS: SYSTEM OF A DOWN, Korn, Lamb Of God, Alestorm Zippo: Gojira, Saxon Avalanche: Frank Turner, Sick Of It All Dogtooth: Ghostemane, Venom Prison

Got my tickets this morning :D I’m not over fussed about the lineup at this point, there was enough there this year to appease me and if a lot of it is being rolled over, that’s great. I’m just excited at the thought of being at DL next year. KISS, FFDP & SOAD is my final prediction. I think we will get the lineup over this weekend. 

Edited by Andre91

5 minutes ago, guylin29 said:

BIFFY CLYRO//KISS//SYSTEM OF A DOWN

What's everyone's thoughts on the Black Keys?  Would be a nice sub!

Would be nice if Download done a double headliner such as Biffy and Bring Me The Horizon

Black Keys are great but would never be booked for Download, not there type of band at all. They'd probably do APE or an arena tour when they get round to it. Doubt they would have 2/3 headliners from 2017 also. 

I’m expecting some lineup news (not the whole lineup) over the course of this weekend so here’s a lineup prediction assuming that a lot of bands will be returning: 

KISS / Deftones / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Black Veil Brides / Motionless In White / Theory / Wayward Sons 

The Offspring / The Distillers / Airbourne 

Billy Talent 

Electric Wizard 

Five Finger Death Punch / Trivium / Gojira / Killswitch Engage / The Pretty Reckless / Jinjer / The Raven Age / Bad Wolves 

Mastodon / Meshuggah / Bury Tomorrow 

Funeral For A Friend 

Sepultura 

System Of A Down / KoRn / Volbeat / Babymetal / Alestorm / Powerwolf / Thy Art Is Murder / Wage War 

Disturbed / The Darkness / Skillet 

Bowling For Soup

Periphery 

On 6/10/2020 at 8:59 PM, Andre91 said:

I saw them headline in 2012 and loved it, although the elongating if every song was a little annoying at times. So when I saw them in 2019 the elongating of every song (I am certain The Pretender lasted 12 minutes) really, really grated on me and I cleared off after an hour. Although some of my friends were seeing them for the first time and loved it, much like you. 

This resembles my experience with Foo Fighters too - saw them the first time playing Voodoo Fest in New Orleans and they were great, and it really felt special. Then saw them later at Rock Im Park in Germany and felt like the a copy of the exact same set, which made it feel really quite stale and rehearsed, and all the elongated songs and covers really starts to get quite repetitive after a while.

2 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

This resembles my experience with Foo Fighters too - saw them the first time playing Voodoo Fest in New Orleans and they were great, and it really felt special. Then saw them later at Rock Im Park in Germany and felt like the a copy of the exact same set, which made it feel really quite stale and rehearsed, and all the elongated songs and covers really starts to get quite repetitive after a while.

The covers and medleys are especially frustrating. Like, you've got so many songs, many of which are fan favourites and get ignored continuously, but you decide to fill up a good ten/fifteen minutes of every set doing some generic Queen medley? If they stopped with the covers, medleys and elongated song lengths they could fit another five+ songs in the setlist which would hugely improve their shows as a whole. As it stands, they've become a bit of a pantomime act.

Biffy have had the longest time on Download TV by far this evening (5 songs and 2 interviews) and they’re the only band not on the lineup getting coverage tonight. It could mean nothing but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re the headliner they’ve got in now Maiden can’t do 2021. 

Also, Copping said earlier that he has a verbal agreement with a band for 2022 already so I would bet on that being Maiden. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

I wonder if they’re aware that everyone moans about them elongating every song , playing too many covers and stretching every track into a jam? It seems to be the main criticism of them on Twitter and on forums but they seem blissfully unaware that everyone just wants them to get on with their own (correctly lengthed) songs.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Biffy have had the longest time on Download TV by far this evening (5 songs and 2 interviews) and they’re the only band not on the lineup getting coverage tonight. It could mean nothing but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re the headliner they’ve got in now Maiden can’t do 2021. 

Also, Copping said earlier that he has a verbal agreement with a band for 2022 already so I would bet on that being Maiden. 

Would they have Biffy and SOAD again like 2017 - it is Copping so maybe 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Download would have no issue with that. They had the exact same top three a couple of years apart on the Sunday once before :lol: 

I’d be buzzing with Biffy and SOAD. I’m going to Nottingham Uni so Donington isn’t far so even if exams clash, I don’t care, not missing that duo again (I missed due to GCSE’s three years ago. 

11 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I wonder if they’re aware that everyone moans about them elongating every song , playing too many covers and stretching every track into a jam? It seems to be the main criticism of them on Twitter and on forums but they seem blissfully unaware that everyone just wants them to get on with their own (correctly lengthed) songs.

I doubt they realise. It’s like they’ve seen the gimmicks of some of their contemporaries; elongating a song here and there for added effect, and throwing in a well known cover for good measure, and thought ‘people love this stuff so why don’t we do it for EVERY song and do MORE covers’, completely missing the fact that the wow factor is totally lost when it’s just constant for two and a half hours.

19 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’m expecting some lineup news (not the whole lineup) over the course of this weekend so here’s a lineup prediction assuming that a lot of bands will be returning: 

KISS / Deftones / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Black Veil Brides / Motionless In White / Theory / Wayward Sons 

The Offspring / The Distillers / Airbourne 

Billy Talent 

Electric Wizard 

Five Finger Death Punch / Trivium / Gojira / Killswitch Engage / The Pretty Reckless / Jinjer / The Raven Age / Bad Wolves 

Mastodon / Meshuggah / Bury Tomorrow 

Funeral For A Friend 

Sepultura 

System Of A Down / KoRn / Volbeat / Babymetal / Alestorm / Powerwolf / Thy Art Is Murder / Wage War 

Disturbed / The Darkness / Skillet 

Bowling For Soup

Periphery 

Green day have just announced more European tour dates, with support coming from frank carter/rattlesnakes and manic street preachers. They are playing Norway on the 4th of June, and berlin on the 7th. So if frank carter plays download, pretty sure green day will also. I think there is a good chance that is your Saturday headliner right there.

14 minutes ago, Jon-Paul said:

Green day have just announced more European tour dates, with support coming from frank carter/rattlesnakes and manic street preachers. They are playing Norway on the 4th of June, and berlin on the 7th. So if frank carter plays download, pretty sure green day will also. I think there is a good chance that is your Saturday headliner right there.

Green Day aren’t playing Download. They’ve rescheduled their tour dates here already. 

Yeah, I know dude. I am going to one of them..my main point is...that there was a good chance they would play if frank carter was..pretty similar to iron maiden, alter Bridge and airbourne this year, who was supposed to be touring together. So that would basically rule frank carter out for next year. 

34 minutes ago, Jon-Paul said:

Yeah, I know dude. I am going to one of them..my main point is...that there was a good chance they would play if frank carter was..pretty similar to iron maiden, alter Bridge and airbourne this year, who was supposed to be touring together. So that would basically rule frank carter out for next year. 

No it wouldn't Frank was already supporting them in those dates and playing Download. Green Day already are coming to the UK, they wont again. The missing headliner is Biffy, FFDP OR Foos.

38 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No it wouldn't Frank was already supporting them in those dates and playing Download. Green Day already are coming to the UK, they wont again. The missing headliner is Biffy, FFDP OR Foos.

Is there reason to think it might be Foos then?