Download 2021

Bandit Tom

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So if download isn't the (at least one) pre-June large trial event, what event will be?

I reckon it stands a very decent chance of happening, although very likely with testing for attendees.

From a practical perspective, if someone arrives by public transport and then tests positive at the gate what are they supposed to do? Will Download refund them? Will they be provided with free private transport to get home? This is why I don't think having it with testing is a good idea.

Edited by Spiral_Low

23 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

From a practical perspective, if someone arrives by public transport and then tests positive at the gate what are they supposed to do? Will Download refund them? Will they be provided with free private transport to get home? This is why I don't think having it with testing is a good idea.

I'm guessing that people will get a test in the 48 hours before arriving, with the result loaded onto the vaccine passport app.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Reading/Leeds will happen. Live Nation have said Creamfields will happen on the same weekend.

I reckon Download stands a decent chance of still happening, as the govt needs to trial some large events before 21st June so large events can then (hopefully) take place without restrictions from 21st June.

What do you think the purpose of the trial will be?

If it's to learn about transmission, which is surely what they need to know

a) The results are unlikely to be available in time for 21 June "reopening" 

b) If the numbers are worryingly high, then do all end of June and July festivals then get cancelled?

It's really tricky...

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

What do you think the purpose of the trial will be?

If it's to learn about transmission, which is surely what they need to know

a) The results are unlikely to be available in time for 21 June "reopening" 

b) If the numbers are worryingly high, then do all end of June and July festivals then get cancelled?

It's really tricky...

If the numbers remain high then it can't be done simple as. A test event isn't as straight forward as it sounds.

30 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Would they? There's not normally a refund if you can't attend due to illness.

Of course they would. It's not a normal illness is it. It's not that persons fault if they test positive for a pandemic that has been unprecedented. They also didn't buy a previous ticket without insurance based on what might happen.

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

However difficult test events are the govt has committed to doing them, and before 21st June.

I'm seeing much that the government has committed to previously that has been successful so far.

43 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Perhaps with tickets purchased after the trial was announced. But for folks like myself who already have a ticket that would be a kick in the face and i'm not sure Download would want to alienate people in such fashion. 

37 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Of course they would. It's not a normal illness is it. It's not that persons fault if they test positive for a pandemic that has been unprecedented. They also didn't buy a previous ticket without insurance based on what might happen.

I just simply stated how illness works with event tickets.

Covid is an illness. Before the end of the year at latest it'll be treated as any other illness.

Vaccine passports will help hammer that idea home. They both grant access and deny it.

37 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

13 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I just simply stated how illness works with event tickets.

Covid is an illness. Before the end of the year at latest it'll be treated as any other illness.

Vaccine passports will help hammer that idea home. They both grant access and deny it.

I don't think they are needed. You are bring given a card after you've had the vaccine and that should be enough proof. No one else has given you that.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think they are needed. You are bring given a card after you've had the vaccine and that should be enough proof. No one else has given you that.

What you think don't mean shit.

Other countries will want better proof, so the govt will provide that proof in the NHS app and that proof will then also be used within UK events. And that proof will deny access as well as grant it.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Other countries will want better proof, so the govt will provide that proof in the NHS app and that proof will then also be used within UK events. And that proof will deny access as well as grant it.

What any of us think don't mean shit so before you put yourself suddenly on higher pedestal that you are, don't. Because none of us. Its all opinion and that's all any of us are on here. A voice of opinion on the matter.

The government haven't confirmed anything about vaccine passports and are contemplating whether to use them or not. You are a little ahead if yourself.

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What any of us think don't mean shit so before you put yourself suddenly on higher pedestal that you are, don't. Because none of us. Its all opinion and that's all any of us are on here. A voice of opinion on the matter.

no, I'm simply stating the fact of it.

Other countries won't accept the card as its too easy to fake. The govt have said what they're going to do with the app, and that it will be used for event access.

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The government haven't confirmed anything about vaccine passports and are contemplating whether to use them or not. You are a little ahead if yourself.

except I'm not.

The govt *will* do a vaccine passport because otherwise we're imprisoned on this isle.

And they've explicitly stated it will be used for at least some event access (footie).

19 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I think it's a bit different because with other illnesses it's not the festival stopping you going. 

You can have a broken leg, flu, even measles and it's your choice whether to enter or not. People decide not to because they'd feel like shit or it would be too hard.

This would be the festival adding an extra eligibility criteria for entry after you've bought the ticket. 

Is there a responsibility to refund tickets if someone is no longer eligible to enter?

If a 16 year old bought a ticket for an 18+ event they wouldn't be allowed in and no refund given. But if an event was subsequently changed from 16+ to 18+ entry because if a licence requirement then the event probably would refund tickets.

Having a no refund policy if you test positive could scare off a lot of people, why would they spend £000's when there's a much higher chance (actual or perceived) that it'll be wasted money because you won't get in.

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2021 at 2:41 PM, Spiral_Low said:

Added factor as well, with festivals like Hellfest being cancelled plus having to pay to quarantine, how many foreign bands on the bill would actually come? 

If they move the date I'd expect a fair amount of bands to drop off anyway, especially if it's Sep as traditionally there are a lot of US festivals around that time.

But I'm sure they could cobble together a half decent line up even of mainly British bands. Who knows, they're effectively run by the same company as R&L these days, perhaps they'll have Queens of the Stone Age headline both in order to sweeten the deal & get them to come over. 

I think it's telling that they haven't outright cancelled when the roadmap was released though. They must at least be considering moving. 

31 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

If they move the date I'd expect a fair amount of bands to drop off anyway, especially if it's Sep as traditionally there are a lot of US festivals around that time.

But I'm sure they could cobble together a half decent line up even of mainly British bands. Who knows, they're effectively run by the same company as R&L these days, perhaps they'll have Queens of the Stone Age headline both in order to sweeten the deal & get them to come over. 

I think it's telling that they haven't outright cancelled when the roadmap was released though. They must at least be considering moving. 

I think its worth noting Slipknot currently have a European tour lined up with the weekend before Reading/Leeds free.

Edited by Spiral_Low

On 2/24/2021 at 8:25 AM, eFestivals said:

What would happen if your phone isn't compatible with the app? 

57 minutes ago, jump said:

Well it's about time you upgraded your Blackberry anyway. 😜

A Blackberry would be an upgrade for me which shows how far back I am with phones 😆 I do have an iPod touch though but far too old to download some newer apps annoyingly.