Bandit Tom

Download 2021

On 2/10/2020 at 10:21 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Well I was wrong about them only sticking to the US

I should hope that  Europe June - July festivals will get a stab of them out of fairness. However, I am not holding my breath.

They could always choose to do Glastonbury instead of Download.

17 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

FFDP / MCR / RATM

Architects / Ghost / Parkway Drive

Stone Sour / Fever 333 / Skindred

Enter Shikari / Judas Priest / Sabaton

these clashes would kill me

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

They could always choose to do Glastonbury instead of Download.

I doubt it, very much a band that follows the money. They cancelled on Download in 2008 because R&L came knocking with more cash - if they tour again next year & don't do Download it'll be because APE or BST threw more money at them.

7 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I doubt it, very much a band that follows the money. They cancelled on Download in 2008 because R&L came knocking with more cash - if they tour again next year & don't do Download it'll be because APE or BST threw more money at them.

Where did you see that? And tbf 2008 was terriable and bands would have known Download were in process of buying the land for current site.

9 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Where did you see that? And tbf 2008 was terriable and bands would have known Download were in process of buying the land for current site.

Common knowledge, Copping mentioned it years ago at some event, the original 2008 headliners were RATM, Rammstein & Foo Fighters, Kiss asked to play & were turned away. RATM bailed in favour of the money from R&L, Foos decided to do their own shows instead of festivals & Rammstein went back into the studio to record. Leaving Copping to bump Offspring & Lostprophets & ask Kiss if they still wanted the gig. 

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Common knowledge, Copping mentioned it years ago at some event, the original 2008 headliners were RATM, Rammstein & Foo Fighters, Kiss asked to play & were turned away. RATM bailed in favour of the money from R&L, Foos decided to do their own shows instead of festivals & Rammstein went back into the studio to record. Leaving Copping to bump Offspring & Lostprophets & ask Kiss if they still wanted the gig. 

Ah fair. 2008 was shit but I did enjoy Cavalera Conspiracy and Testament...some crazy pits. 2009 was vastly better.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:03 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Copping chats shit so I'd take that with a pitch of salt.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jump said:

Copping chats shit so I'd take that with a pitch of salt.

Well I know that, but I don't see why he'd lie about bands backing out/changing plans. Plus it was fairly obvious 2008 was not a first choice line up. 

Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica & Aerosmith. 

You could swap Aerosmith out for A7X if they’re active and promoting a new album. I just think that Aerosmith will have one last, genuine ‘final UK show’ at Download after they appear at Glastonbury this year. 

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH / Parkway Drive / Megadeth / Behemoth

Zippo Encore: Nightwish / Amon Amarth

METALLICA / Ghost / Sabaton / Anthrax

Zippo Encore: IDLES / Ghostemane

AVENGED SEVENFOLD / Architects / Halestorm / Code Orange

Zippo Encore:  Don Broco / Creeper

Dream - RATM/Foo Fighters/MCR

Could it realistically happen? Possibly, although it’s more of a pipe dream. Think getting both Rage and MCR is the best we could hope for. Have FFDP subbing Rage, ADTR subbing Foo’s again (thought they were class at Leeds, them into Foo’s was wicked) and FOB into MCR. Lovely time all around (for me anyway).

Realistically - RATM/Avenged Sevenfold/Aerosmith

Edited by Pottsy2913

Four day Download to make up for this year’s unfortunate situation. 

Five Finger Death Punch, Iron Maiden, System Of A Down & Metallica :ninja: 

Does anyone know what the dates will be for 2021? Hoping to just carry over tickets but kinda need to know the dates first. A 4 dayer would be a good shout I reckon.

15 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Reckon KISS are a dead cert for this now.

If they were meant to be retiring so they may not want to hang around for another year, plus they are in their 70s and already rich so with the virus is still likely to be around in a year they may not want to risk it.

6 hours ago, NatS19 said:

Does anyone know what the dates will be for 2021? 

just gone on the website, 4 — 6 June 2021

On 2/16/2020 at 10:50 PM, dannymichaels said:

Made my own 2021 lineup. Alternate headliners (and *deep sigh* more likely): Rammstein/Aerosmith/Ozzy.

576758690.png

Would love that Sunday top 3

Just carried my tickets onto next year.

Yes, the money would come in handy now but I get the feeling that I’ll appreciate have already paid for my ticket once 2021 comes around.

A week earlier next year then. Would have been ideal weather-wise last year.

I could see SOAD and Maiden carrying over, with Rage to fill in for KISS who I hope will sack it off.

5 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

wukrjtmbnjp41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Get this lad a job booking the bands. It's actually really awful that this year has been pulled, I was likely still going to go, but the line-up was absolutely shocking.

DAY 1: Aerosmith//Motley Crue//Greta Van Fleet

DAY 2: Rage Against The Machine//Ghost//Rival Sons

DAY 3: Biffy Clyro//Bring Me The Horizon//Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes

(Not enough heavy stuff)