Download 2021

Bandit Tom

It is bloody brilliant. I wasn’t expecting anything of the sort after feeling really lukewarm about the singles. They’ve got their weirdness back. The album is far heavier than Ellipsis overall and there are lots of bits that are heavier than anything they’ve done in absolutely ages. Parts of it remind me of Infinity Land and Blackened Sky. This might be the most surprising album of 2020 for me. I can’t wait to hear these songs live. 

Just you wait until you get to Cop Syrup. Just you wait. 

Edited by Andre91

After listening to the new Biffy album a couple times, I think I'd like a setlist like this:

Instant History

Tiny Indoor Fireworks

Balance, Not Symmetry

Saturday Superhouse

Justboy

That Golden Rule

Cop Syrup

Space

Living is a Problem

Mountains

Weird Leisure

Biblical

God and Satan

Glitter and Trauma

Wolves of Winter

The Captain

Animal Style

Who's Got a Match?

Jaggy Snake

------------------

Re-Arrange

End Of

Folding Stars

Bubbles

Instant History is still fucking terrible and sticks out like a sore thumb on the album - terrible decision for it to be the first taster of the album released - but I surprisingly quite enjoyed the rest of Biffys new album. Cant say I’m gonna be coming back to it much as they’re just not really my thing anymore, but can’t argue with it being the best thing they’ve done since Only Revolutions. 

The Pink Limit and Cop Syrup are two big late album standouts. 

Biffy setlist idea: 

1. End Of 

2. Balance Not Symmetry 

3. Living Is a Problem Because Everything Dies

4. The Captain 

5. Weird Leisure 

6. Biblical 

7. Glitter and Trauma

8. Instant History 

9. Bubbles

10. Animal Style

11. Space

12. Different People 

13. Black Chandelier 

14. That Golden Rule 

15. 57

16. Tiny Indoor Fireworks 

17. There’s No Such Thing As a Jaggy Snake 

18. Many of Horror 

19. Cop Syrup 

20. Mountains 

21. Wolves of Winter 

22. Machines 

23. Stingin’ Belle

I do think that Cop Syrup is a bit of wishful thinking. I don’t know how well that extended bridge would go down live; it is very long. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Biffy setlist idea: 

1. End Of 

2. Balance Not Symmetry 

3. Living Is a Problem Because Everything Dies

4. The Captain 

5. Weird Leisure 

6. Biblical 

7. Glitter and Trauma

8. Instant History 

9. Bubbles

10. Animal Style

11. Space

12. Different People 

13. Black Chandelier 

14. That Golden Rule 

15. 57

16. Tiny Indoor Fireworks 

17. There’s No Such Thing As a Jaggy Snake 

18. Many of Horror 

19. Cop Syrup 

20. Mountains 

21. Wolves of Winter 

22. Machines 

23. Stingin’ Belle

I do think that Cop Syrup is a bit of wishful thinking. I don’t know how well that extended bridge would go down live; it is very long. 

I don't know why they would do a Download set without Saturday Superhouse. End of would be a good start but I'd only pick 9 of thise songs I'm really interested in. I think deckchairs list minus re-arrange as it's awful is a better shout.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I can’t imagine them putting a song like that on their new album and then not playing it live/at Download. I can’t see the bridge being a problem, especially if they use it to close the main set or something like that.

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I can’t imagine them putting a song like that on their new album and then not playing it live/at Download. I can’t see the bridge being a problem, especially if they use it to close the main set or something like that.

Yeah, after thinking about it, I think having a live strings section for that song would be a spectacle. 

8 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

who could headline 2nd against KISS?

I'd say outside chance of Puscifer, who are doing European fests (subbing at Hellfest too). Placebo another outside chance as also doing euro fests and are overdue to play at Download (they subbed at Sonisphere and went down well). Dropkick Murphys subbing at Hellfest too, so another in the running.

15 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

who could headline 2nd against KISS?

Guess that depends if they go down the route of clashing second stage with KISS in which case it makes sense to have a band that would appeal to the ADTR & Frank fans or if they let KISS play unopposed & clash second stage with ADTR in which case it makes sense to have an older/classic band that might appeal to the KISS fans.