Download 2021

Bandit Tom

45 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Metallica, My Chemical Romance, Metallica 

I've seen Metallica are doing this in the states, and would go for it. Metallica are winding down, more frequent breaks in touring, and haven't played download for nearly a decade. Two different sets would be great, but the flipside is if you dont like Metallica, then you wont be buying a ticket.

Presuming they will get one of MCR or RATM.

41 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

I've seen Metallica are doing this in the states, and would go for it. Metallica are winding down, more frequent breaks in touring, and haven't played download for nearly a decade. Two different sets would be great, but the flipside is if you dont like Metallica, then you wont be buying a ticket.

Presuming they will get one of MCR or RATM.

if this thing of two sets on the same festival works i can see them doing the same in europe on some selected festivals like Download, Rock Werchter and Hellfest

3 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

if this thing of two sets on the same festival works i can see them doing the same in europe on some selected festivals like Download, Rock Werchter and Hellfest

Yeah, it makes sense, the band are trying to tour less but still bring in the cash, so two nights, two pay days, no travel inbetween.

To throw a curve ball in...

Thus: Metallica

Fri: Something to appeal to the KISS/Def Leppard crowd

Sat: Metallica

Sun: RATM

Lots of the Euro fests have bands on the thursday, can see Download trialing it with Metallica (like its them plus 2 supports and thats it)

Edited by Spiral_Low

11 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

That would be the lowest attended Download in history (in 2014 only around 40,000 turned up for AX7, Linkin Park and Aerosmith)

Where is that figure from? It was way busier than that. Not a 2010 or 2012 but neither was it less than half of what those crowds were either. Coupled with good weather it was one of the best years.

37 minutes ago, devilman said:

Where is that figure from? It was way busier than that. Not a 2010 or 2012 but neither was it less than half of what those crowds were either. Coupled with good weather it was one of the best years.

I remember it from these forums but doubt i'd be able to find it now. It seemed to be in line with what friends told me. Tried googling but to no avail. If it was more fair enough, but I still that 3 band combo would be poorly attended.

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Lots of people saying that at the end of the Five Finger Death Punch Wembley show the other night, Ivan Moody said ‘next to you see us we’ll be headlining Download.’ 

Maybe that’s more him stating an aspiration but I guess it should be taken with a pinch of salt that they could be booked to headline 2021. 

Five Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold & Aerosmith as headliners. 

Five Finger Death Punch should sub first before headline, i think

Ghost and Parkway Drive headlined a lot of big festivals and should be bumped up first

5 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Five Finger Death Punch should sub first before headline, i think

Ghost and Parkway Drive headlined a lot of big festivals and should be bumped up first

That is precisely Download’s problem. Not every band has to sub once or a set amount of times before headlining or everyone ends up like Alter Bridge who have subbed 3/4 times and are no closer to headlining. 

FFDP aren’t the most exciting or adventurous band in any way but they are massively, massively popular with Download’s audience. They’ve sold multiple arenas in this country pretty well and they regularly pull headliner sized crowds at Download. How many other hoops do they have to jump through? 

They should be headlining next time they play without a doubt. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

That is precisely Download’s problem. Not every band has to sub once or a set amount of times before headlining or everyone ends up like Alter Bridge who have subbed 3/4 times and are no closer to headlining. 

FFDP aren’t the most exciting or adventurous band in any way but they are massively, massively popular with Download’s audience. They’ve sold multiple arenas in this country pretty well and they regularly pull headliner sized crowds at Download. How many other hoops do they have to jump through? 

They should be headlining next time they play without a doubt. 

I dont know it's a bit of a jump from 3rd spot to headline. Avenge Seven fold subbed before headlining. they'd also toured with maiden.

I dont think death punch are touring big enough places yet. Only had two venue on the tour Cardiff and Wembly. Ghost did both these venues plus  3 other venues plus there tour with metalica at the two stadiums. Ghosts headline tour was sold out. 

I'm not even sure ghost would be given a headline slot.

AC DC have mentioned a world wide arena tour next year with axel rose fronting. Their possible.

12 minutes ago, em2k_uk1 said:

I dont know it's a bit of a jump from 3rd spot to headline. Avenge Seven fold subbed before headlining. they'd also toured with maiden.

I dont think death punch are touring big enough places yet. Only had two venue on the tour Cardiff and Wembly. Ghost did both these venues plus  3 other venues plus there tour with metalica at the two stadiums. Ghosts headline tour was sold out. 

AC DC have mentioned a world wide arena tour next year with axel rose fronting. Their possible.

Ghost will headline next time they play

6 hours ago, em2k_uk1 said:

Ghost’s your certainly was not sold out. 

MS: Queens Of The Stone Age, Royal Blood, Greta Van Fleet, Down, Baroness, Red Fang, Clutch, Bokassa. Zippo: The Original Misfits Avalanche: New Found Glory Dogtooth: Linderman 

MS: Rage Against The Machine, Parkway Drive, Enter Shikari, Idles, Refused, Ghostemane, Turnstile, Gouge Away Zippo: Sabaton Avalanche: Flogging Molly Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut

MS: My Chemical Romance, Pixies, You Me At Six, Don Broco, Jimmy Eat World, Neck Deep, Creeper,  SWMRS, Black Futures Zippo: Megadeath Avalanche: Descendants Dogtooth: Swans 

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Why?

They only seem to do something when they're motivated to do so: 07/08 they were motivated by the upcoming US election & the fall out of the Iraq war. 2010 they were motivated by the Christmas number 1 petition. In 2020 they're motivated by the upcoming US election again. I'd say that's the reason they've stuck only to the US & not announced anything else. I could be wrong though & hopefully so I wouldn't mind seeing them again. 

8 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

They only seem to do something when they're motivated to do so: 07/08 they were motivated by the upcoming US election & the fall out of the Iraq war. 2010 they were motivated by the Christmas number 1 petition. In 2020 they're motivated by the upcoming US election again. I'd say that's the reason they've stuck only to the US & not announced anything else. I could be wrong though & hopefully so I wouldn't mind seeing them again. 

Well Prophets Of Rage disbanded and Zach has cancelled his solo work. Personally i'm thinking they might finally do a new album!