Download 2021

Bandit Tom

18 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Mentioned it here before but anyway, Rammstein said previously they planned to do stadium and festivals for their latest album. Stadium tour obvs was then a great success and got extended and then postponed, now its in 2022. So I would have them down as a likely for 2023, doing the festival part of the tour, especially as they've been making a new album in lockdown so will probably be touring 2 albums by then.

Alternatively RATM, Rammstein and SOAD. If Metallica are around I'm unsure why Download wouldn't go for them or they won't play but there is some reason. For a personal 3 it would be SOAD, Slipknot and probably MCR as I prefer them to the other 3 metal shouts. But Slipknot day won't be booked for my tastes at all as the majority of Slipknot attendees there would favour different music which is fair.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Alternatively RATM, Rammstein and SOAD. If Metallica are around I'm unsure why Download wouldn't go for them or they won't play but there is some reason. For a personal 3 it would be SOAD, Slipknot and probably MCR as I prefer them to the other 3 metal shouts. But Slipknot day won't be booked for my tastes at all as the majority of Slipknot attendees there would favour different music which is fair.

I can see it being RATM, Rammstein and SOAD for sure. Slipknot I think will retry for Knotfest UK next year so probs wouldnt do 2023. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

I can see it being RATM, Rammstein and SOAD for sure. Slipknot I think will retry for Knotfest UK next year so probs wouldnt do 2023. 

Yes that's a good point on Slipknot. I was surprised that lineup with Megadeth and LOG was kinda knotfest prompted. Maybe they'll learn a bit after doing Download and Knotfest very close last time.

Copping will have SOAD back no doubt and he won't not have RATM and Rammstein whenever available. That was my next call if not Slipknot.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I dont think Metallica have gone to Download asking to play.

Is that the story going round? 

I based my guesses off all three are rumoured for Rock Werchter, which is also Live Nation. If no Metallica then MCR, they wouldn't work at Reading and Leeds now

53 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

I based my guesses off all three are rumoured for Rock Werchter, which is also Live Nation. If no Metallica then MCR, they wouldn't work at Reading and Leeds now

That 2 of the 3 bands at 3 least have asked to play.

I think if QOTSA can get booked then MCR can.

2 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Andy Copping said in an interview last week that he has had three headline bands offer to play for 2023. Who knows if they will all get booked, though. 

MCR could play R&L or Download but I would lean towards Download more. 

Will this "Reloaded" show feature unseen footage or is it all just a collection of previous Sky Arts 'headline' performances?

If the latter, is there any point when most can be found online? Halestorm for example has the entire 2019 set on Youtube. 

Enter Shikari 2013/2015, Faith No More 2009, Slipknot 2009/2015, and probably more as well.