Download 2021

Bandit Tom

6 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Very rare that I agree with you, but I do. They really should have dropped Kiss at this point.

Very much so. Many people thought that SOAD were just a boring booking. but I bet they would take Maiden, Biffy and SOAD with no KISS. I also think Biffy closing the weekend off is a bit weak but that's my view.

But as said, Copping and team won't do different to what their ego's and head tell them too.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Very much so. Many people thought that SOAD were just a boring booking. but I bet they would take Maiden, Biffy and SOAD with no KISS. I also think Biffy closing the weekend off is a bit weak but that's my view.

But as said, Copping and team won't do different to what their ego's and head tell them too.

Even if they couldn't get System back (which I think is likely the case or Biffy would have been the ones to get the boot not them) they could have looked at alternatives. That line up is going to look especially weak if it turns out Rammstein, Metallica, Pearl Jam etc. all decide to tour next year. 

33 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Even if they couldn't get System back (which I think is likely the case or Biffy would have been the ones to get the boot not them) they could have looked at alternatives. That line up is going to look especially weak if it turns out Rammstein, Metallica, Pearl Jam etc. all decide to tour next year. 

Agreed. Just based on the thinking of if it was done that was. And yes I agree it would have been Biffy getting the boot instead. They shouldn't be headlining Download at this point anyway especially with their recent outputs but that's my view. I've never seen them as a headliner there and of all the times I have seen Biffy, Download was comfortably the worst.

My 1st Download of not seeing a main stage headliner may be upon us. That said I have nothing against Biffy or Maiden so if there is nothing else on I'll likely see them. It will feel like the flattest ending to a Download ever though. The anti climax will have started before Biffy come on and I can't see them breaking that. Mind you that love pit thing they had going on last time was quite different and nice and their 2013 Leeds set was also pretty good so who knows. Anyways, I'll be at Donington doing my level best to make up for 2 lost years.

6 hours ago, gorfield said:

Is there any chance I will be able to get a campervan ticket in the future if there are none today?

They've been sold out for 2 years. In theory there may be returns that will go back on sale but I can't see many. I'd look at alternatives like shardlow marina.

• 1 month later...

Not seeing any chat on here but people should check they didn't get a refund if they wanted to roll over tickets to next year. Quite a few opted to roll over and still got a refund. No biggy if it's just a normal camping ticket but a massive deal if it's campervan or RIP which have already sold out for 22. I'd advise everyone that wanted to roll over to check and then contact ticketmaster if you find your ticket hasn't rolled over.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Copping did an interview tonight and confirmed that Deftones will be subbing Maiden, so keeping the like position from this year’s lineup. That leads me to think that pretty much everyone who has been rebooked will be keeping their same positions, which probably means KoRn and Volbeat under Biffy... Biffy / Deftones / Frank Carter would have worked so much better. 

He also talked up Gojira a hell of a lot, saying that he sees them as being a 2nd stage headliner or Main Stage sub, so maybe they could get bumped up on the back of this new album. 

Ghost were mentioned a lot too whenever talk of future headliners came up. I think they’re a lock for 2023 on a new album. 

He talked up MCR a lot too.

Edited by Andre91

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Copping did an interview tonight and confirmed that Deftones will be subbing Maiden, so keeping the like position from this year’s lineup. That leads me to think that pretty much everyone who has been rebooked will be keeping their same positions, which probably means KoRn and Volbeat under Biffy... Biffy / Deftones / Frank Carter would have worked so much better. 

He also talked up Gojira a hell of a lot, saying that he sees them as being a 2nd stage headliner or Main Stage sub, so maybe they could get bumped up on the back of this new album. 

Ghost were mentioned a lot too whenever talk of future headliners came up. I think they’re a lock for 2023 on a new album. 

He talked up MCR a lot too.

He always talk up shit, has done for 10 years. As for the Biffy day, booking Frank ok but Deftones make much more sense elsewhere. 

It'll be Biffy Korn Volbeat Rise Against. Realistically it probably always was. 

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

He always talk up shit, has done for 10 years. As for the Biffy day, booking Frank ok but Deftones make much more sense elsewhere. 

It'll be Biffy Korn Volbeat Rise Against. Realistically it probably always was. 

Oh yeah. He talks no end of shite but I thought it was worth mentioning.

He sounded very confident of getting MCR again and said that he had made an offer recently to get them (I'm guessing for 2020 but they decided to do MK instead) so I can see them being there in 2023. 

9 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

I need Metallica back at Download ASAP. Get them with MCR, RATM or BMTH for 23.

Way, way too far off but I'm currently thinking for 2023 it'll be Avenged Sevenfold, My Chemical Romance & Ghost. 

AC also said in this interview that he has had 3 headline bands offer themselves for 2023 and said 'If I get them all, oh man...'

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Way, way too far off but I'm currently thinking for 2023 it'll be Avenged Sevenfold, My Chemical Romance & Ghost. 

AC also said in this interview that he has had 3 headline bands offer themselves for 2023 and said 'If I get them all, oh man...'

That's Metallica/Slipknot, RATM and SOAD

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

No way would they have those three headliners. Needs an oldie in there to replace one of MCR or Ghost.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

That's a mad trio and I'd be there in a heartbeat for it if it happens.

It reads like some acts that are bigger or more special than normal, given how impressed he is. So probably not Ghost or A7X.

Foo Fighters seem like the type to offer themselves to Download in particular to cross it off, maybe at the tail-end of a two-year tour with 2022 being stadiums. I think that will finally happen.

Edited by dentalplan

49 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It reads like some acts that are bigger or more special than normal, given how impressed he is. So probably not Ghost or A7X.

Foo Fighters seem like the type to offer themselves to Download in particular to cross it off, maybe at the tail-end of a two-year tour with 2022 being stadiums. I think that will finally happen.

RATM, MCR & Foos would be pretty huge. 

4 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

what are the chances of The Original Misfits ended up playing? either sub or 2nd headliner i guess

The money they demand has stopped them coming over here. Supposedly $1m+. They would never get that here. Them being special guests to Metallica would be a dream, though. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

Mentioned it here before but anyway, Rammstein said previously they planned to do stadium and festivals for their latest album. Stadium tour obvs was then a great success and got extended and then postponed, now its in 2022. So I would have them down as a likely for 2023, doing the festival part of the tour, especially as they've been making a new album in lockdown so will probably be touring 2 albums by then.