Download 2021

Bandit Tom

On 2/25/2021 at 7:25 PM, Spiral_Low said:

Judging from Downloads replies to people on twitter it feels like they are going to try and change the date. Someone asked about refunds if they couldn't make hypothetical new dates and Download said yes they would be able to get one.

This is kind of where I am struggling as for the first time in a while there is two Download days I'd attend, yet god knows when to book holiday for.

I think Download know though given the dates being banded around for live events they have no chance in June. Me personally I don't think July goes ahead either but that's my view. The official go ahead for outdoor larger events hasn't been given the go ahead yet. basically all we have at the minute is that these things can happen provided the dates have been met.

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

This is kind of where I am struggling as for the first time in a while there is two Download days I'd attend, yet god knows when to book holiday for.

I think Download know though given the dates being banded around for live events they have no chance in June. Me personally I don't think July goes ahead either but that's my view. The official go ahead for outdoor larger events hasn't been given the go ahead yet. basically all we have at the minute is that these things can happen provided the dates have been met.

To be honest I think if they do move to August there will be some significant line up changes. A lot would depend on whether other Euro fests move too.

55 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

To be honest I think if they do move to August there will be some significant line up changes. A lot would depend on whether other Euro fests move too.

That's true. There is certain bands that if they dropped out then it would cancel it off for me. Sunday is my prime day. There is 7 bands that are American covering two days that interest me and that will be much harder I imagine.

48 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's true. There is certain bands that if they dropped out then it would cancel it off for me. Sunday is my prime day. There is 7 bands that are American covering two days that interest me and that will be much harder I imagine.

Yeah deffo.

Just to say again, if Download does move to August I really do think it will be the weekend before Reading/Leeds and it will be Slipknot headlining instead of KISS. Slipknot are due in Europe with that weekend free whilst KISS currently due to start a US tour that weekend.

3 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yeah deffo.

Just to say again, if Download does move to August I really do think it will be the weekend before Reading/Leeds and it will be Slipknot headlining instead of KISS. Slipknot are due in Europe with that weekend free whilst KISS currently due to start a US tour that weekend.

Could be September and not August. But I can't see everyone that's sharing their bands in Europe moving. All that general genre are at early summer festivals.

Truly gutted about SOAD. Really, really wanted to see them. Still love Biffy and that’ll be good I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, atomised said:

My thinking really. Will make a decision next year and have the cash for now. Maiden have never done it for me. 

I’m the same, probably do the weekend but if I can do other things then I’ll probably do the Biffy day. Never understood Maiden live, looks boring and people have said it’s very boring. Wanted SOAD man. Shit. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Truly gutted about SOAD. Really, really wanted to see them. Still love Biffy and that’ll be good I suppose. 

I’m the same, probably do the weekend but if I can do other things then I’ll probably do the Biffy day. Never understood Maiden live, looks boring and people have said it’s very boring. Wanted SOAD man. Shit. 

Would bank on System for 2023. They'll have the headache of honouring the 2020/21 contracts with balancing the bands respective touring plans.

Here's hoping for something good on the second stage for Friday and Saturday! Wouldn't be surprised if a day to remember play on 2nd against kiss or maiden

The headliners don’t blow me away. I definitely won’t be watching Kiss or Maiden.

that said. I bought my ticket nearly 2 years ago now, at early bird prices. So, I’m not going to jack it in cause of a couple of headliners that don’t work for me. I also have a campervan ticket, and they’re fucking gold dust.

Bring on the 2nd stage and tents and all the undercards. That’s what makes DL. 

i also think that it would have been complete carnage had it gone ahead this year. Just like Reading & Leeds will be. 

• Like 1

KISS / Alter Bridge / Halestorm

The Offspring

Iron Maiden / Deftones / Megadeth

Sabaton (finishing early) 

Biffy Clyro / Architects / Gojira 

Disturbed

Really pleased with Biffy closing the festival; I’ll be looking forward to that all weekend. 

Edited by Andre91

53 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Well that sucks. I'll take the refund for now with those headliners 😕 If they they get a load of othee good bands in can always buy a ticket next year.

Agreed. System were 100% my headliner for this year. I like Biffy but I'd never attend that day. KISS is going to feel like an extremely dated booking come June 2022. I'm kind of hoping certain bands from the lineup just announce own shows now so I can pick up 2 or 3 tickets.

51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

KISS / Alter Bridge / Halestorm

The Offspring

Iron Maiden / Deftones / Megadeth

Sabaton (finishing early) 

Biffy Clyro / Architects / Gojira 

Disturbed

Really pleased with Biffy closing the festival; I’ll be looking forward to that all weekend. 

Goliath live ❤️

47 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Agreed. System were 100% my headliner for this year. I like Biffy but I'd never attend that day. KISS is going to feel like an extremely dated booking come June 2022. I'm kind of hoping certain bands from the lineup just announce own shows now so I can pick up 2 or 3 tickets.

Yeah I get the feeling a fair few of the bands from the original line up will do their own shows. Also I expect Knotfest to finally happen too.

17 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yeah I get the feeling a fair few of the bands from the original line up will do their own shows. Also I expect Knotfest to finally happen too.

I hope so as that's what I'd rather do anyway to get as fuller song list as possible. Bands won't be able to hold out financial wise until next June when they are actually given the go ahead to gig. For a set of headliners though confirmed this far ahead for Download I think they could have done better.