Download 2021

Bandit Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Part of me wonders, presuming they get cancelled, if Download and the other Euro fests will try to put on events in the autumn/winter featuring the current line ups bands? Like it does seem the fests lined up for June (of which Download is one of several big metal fests) are probs gonna be too soon. So pure speculation but maybe they could do some big indoor shows in there place later in the year? Like 3 days of shows at the London O2, Brum NEC and Machester arena or similar? Bands playing each day? Download indoors kinda thing. Its the sort of thing i'd be trying to put on if I was them anyway. Talk with Rock AM/IM, Hellfest, Copenhell, Graspop, Nova Rock etc to see what can be done (about organising autumn dates) anyway. Like I said pure speculation. 

Edit: obsv aware this would be somewhat of a mammoth task and is unlikely. I just think if they have to cancel the fests then organisers will be thinking they need to make some cash somehow. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

On 2/12/2021 at 3:37 PM, rawaudioinput said:

Cancelled my hotel for Download about a week ago; just waiting for the inevitable now

Aye there's no way it's going ahead. I reckon we'll have a summer of no festivals and almost no covid cases. Hopefully small gigs can save everyone's sanity.

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

KISS - Maiden - SOAD it is

Fuck sake.

Imagine this: 2021 was supposed to be Rage/MCR/Metallica. 2022 was supposed to be BMTH/AC/DC/Rammstein.

Instead we get Kiss (who are mediocre yet too egotistical to step down), Maiden (let's face it Biffy would not headline if Maiden were available) and SOAD (who everyone seems to think are a big deal, but end up being disappointed)... Third time lucky.

14 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Well its deffo not happening on its planned dates for sure. I do wonder though if they will put something on later in the year. 

Aye download doesn't have pool of luxury to choose from either. I don't see it, but then I don't see Reading either as these timeframes will not happen.

People have had this situation for so long now they don't care that he has said deaths and cases will go up and they would whatever...they just want to get out there.

I find it bullshit and it's nowhere near at a point to put these supposed times in place. 

33 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Aye download doesn't have pool of luxury to choose from either. I don't see it, but then I don't see Reading either as these timeframes will not happen.

People have had this situation for so long now they don't care that he has said deaths and cases will go up and they would whatever...they just want to get out there.

I find it bullshit and it's nowhere near at a point to put these supposed times in place. 

Reading/Leeds will happen. Live Nation have said Creamfields will happen on the same weekend.

I reckon Download stands a decent chance of still happening, as the govt needs to trial some large events before 21st June so large events can then (hopefully) take place without restrictions from 21st June.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Reading/Leeds will happen. Live Nation have said Creamfields will happen on the same weekend.

I reckon Download stands a decent chance of still happening, as the govt needs to trial some large events before 21st June so large events can then (hopefully) take place without restrictions from 21st June.

Line up will be massively compromised though: cant see SOAD, Deftones and Kiss coming down. Maybe downscale it?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think Download has a chance myself.

I'm sceptical. It's one thing putting plans in place but it all says at the earliest.

They haven't actually said it will happen. They have said who's ready for the biggest party of the year going by the the statements that as things stand then it can. Those dates will be pushed back though because we have a country that like to break many rules.