Download 2021

Bandit Tom

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Knew it wouldn't be Architects. Megadeth is a standard Download booking. Descendants however, I'm happy about.

Yep, Descendants is a wicked booking. I’m happy with Renounced, Venom Prison, Salem and Static Dress sound decent from what I’ve just checkout out on Spotify. 

Megadeth as an alternative to KISS is naff and like choosing between a thumb to the eye or a kick to the balls. I’m hoping that the Friday Avalanche headliner is something great but it’ll probably end up being Corey Taylor or something equally shite. Looks like I’ll be watching Electric Wizard. 

Boring shite like Monster Truck on the Main Stage is bum but to be expected. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spiral_Low said:

Hard to guess. For me im hoping they clash Sepultura with Biffy, as in 2019 they would have clashed with Deftones based on timings. 

I can't see SOAD clashing and from looking at the last two years Sunday doesn't clash much. At the moment it's probably the best day I've ever had for Download overall on the Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yep, Descendants is a wicked booking. I’m happy with Renounced, Venom Prison, Salem and Static Dress sound decent from what I’ve just checkout out on Spotify. 

Megadeth as an alternative to KISS is naff and like choosing between a thumb to the eye or a kick to the balls. I’m hoping that the Friday Avalanche headliner is something great but it’ll probably end up being Corey Taylor or something equally shite. Looks like I’ll be watching Electric Wizard. 

Boring shite like Monster Truck on the Main Stage is bum but to be expected. 

Hopefully not. Corey Acoustic is fine but his solo stuff is shit. I like The Skints would not bothered to miss them. I wasn't expecting to like anything. I'm not a KISS or Megadeth fan so. Only ADTR/The Distillers for me and Lacuna Coil Friday as the 1st two will clash.

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I can't see SOAD clashing and from looking at the last two years Sunday doesn't clash much. At the moment it's probably the best day I've ever had for Download overall on the Sunday.

The Saturday for me is definitely the strongest single day I’ve ever seen at Download for my tastes. There’s 20 bands I would love to watch on that day alone. 

Did anyone watch the Copping interview with Kerrang this morning? 

There was some brief talk about the festival layout and that they're mostly happy with it. 

Whereas last year they were talking repeatedly about the non-arena areas being completely re-jigged. 

It felt to me like a contradiction in plans. 

Or maybe I'm over analysing. 

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Saturday for me is definitely the strongest single day I’ve ever seen at Download for my tastes. There’s 20 bands I would love to watch on that day alone. 

Good to be different I guess. Only 2 bands for me really on Saturday. One can be seen in a group elsewhere cheaper and the other I've seen plenty but quality in output for me has dropped significantly.

27 minutes ago, scrubbertheman said:

Did anyone watch the Copping interview with Kerrang this morning? 

There was some brief talk about the festival layout and that they're mostly happy with it. 

Whereas last year they were talking repeatedly about the non-arena areas being completely re-jigged. 

It felt to me like a contradiction in plans. 

Or maybe I'm over analysing. 

Yeah I think he was mainly talking about the general arena layout whereas obvs changes were largely planned for campsite. 

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Normally friday night headliner main and 2nd stage do clash. Feel they might be mixing up the times this year though so who knows. 

My thinking is that Megadeth and ADTR clash seems a lot more likely that with KISS. Also ADTR clashing with The Distillers I'd have thought is a bit crazy. Obviously I've got my view but to me that's a similar clientele.

They do as you say but then in 2019 and 2018, there was a mix over the last two days. I think judging by the acts that KSE clashing with Biffy makes sense and SOAD clashing with Steel Panther I wouldn't see the issue myself.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

My thinking is that Megadeth and ADTR clash seems a lot more likely that with KISS. Also ADTR clashing with The Distillers I'd have thought is a bit crazy. Obviously I've got my view but to me that's a similar clientele.

They do as you say but then in 2019 and 2018, there was a mix over the last two days. I think judging by the acts that KSE clashing with Biffy makes sense and SOAD clashing with Steel Panther I wouldn't see the issue myself.

2019 had some crazy clashes mind, especially on the sunday. 

2 hours ago, jump said:

Fuck me System have actually released new music!

Other one here as well

Apparently both recorded to raise awareness and funds for a war in Armenia, but maybe foolishly, I think/hope there will be more to come in the near future.

Neither are a drastic departure from what they were doing on MezmerizeHypnotize all those years ago, but god does it feel good to hear new stuff from them.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1

This news has genuinely shocked me this morning! I’ve bought both songs on Bandcamp and I am a really happy guy this morning. 

I have been really critical of SOAD in recent years but this is everything I could have asked for. They’re back, for a great reason and the songs are really good, particularly Genocidal Humanoidz. That songs proves this band can shit out bangers when they want to. Protect the Land is more Soldier Side than Vicinity of Obscenity and that makes me happy. 

For the first time in a long while, I’m a bit excited about SOAD. 

Edited by Andre91

After my initial excitement of new songs and giving them a few listens they are decent but not on the high levels of what they have done before, not bad just not as good as their classics. Still it makes me hopeful they will carry on as a real band who record music. It has greatly renewed my interest in seeing them play again.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2020 at 10:09 AM, jump said:

After my initial excitement of new songs and giving them a few listens they are decent but not on the high levels of what they have done before, not bad just not as good as their classics. Still it makes me hopeful they will carry on as a real band who record music. It has greatly renewed my interest in seeing them play again.

Agreed. I can listen to them fine. They aren't songs that I would include at the expense of the former better options except maybe Hypnotize. That's definitely their weakest album imo.

On 12/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, thewayiam said:

In other news. Slipknot have rescheduled euro knotfest dates so I'd imagine the English date is on but delayed until a bit of clarity update maybe on this vaccine.

If it happens, from looking at those dates, i'd guess Sat 21st Aug. Just after a French date and between Bloodstock and Reading/Leeds.

• 2 weeks later...